• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

chocolate rubbing alcohol speed

oolong

Bluelighter
ok, this is meant to be a conceptual post and i do not plan on trying this nor do i think anyone else should, but i understand that it treads on the line of drug synthesis discussion. ive made an effort not to reveal enough information that someone could set up a clandestine experiment based on this but i'll leave it to the mods judgement. furthermore i'm pretty sure that it would either not work or not be an efficient method to do so or else someone would have discovered it already because it's pretty simple. so i'm posting it so you chem heads can tell me why.

ANYWAY.

chocolate is cheap, plentiful, and contains trace amounts of phenethylamine. i don't know how much, but it's apparently enough to be noteworthy, so i assume that after an alkaloid extraction and pulling out the caffeine and theobromine you could theoretically get a usable amount of it from a few kg of cocoa powder. would it then be possible to isopropylate it and reduce to amphetamine, bypassing the need for phenyl-2-propanone or phenylacetic acid?

this is so stupid that i know there must be something wrong with it, but i can't figure out what.

Yeah, and you could just buy pure PEA anyway.

And how is isopropanol supposed to reach with PEA?

I might rub some Milo onto my medi-swab next time i shoot up and test it out!

If cooks could easily bypass the current method of amphetamine production, don't you think they already would have..?

I don't know if this violates synth rules [and mods, please feel free to delete it if meets the criteria), but there is really no way phenethylamine and isopropanol can react and produce an amphetamine. Under strongly basic conditions, the most you would get is isoproplyphenethyloxime--which is inactive.