• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Chappelle The Closer

Mr. Krinkle

Bluelighter
So i almost don't know where to put this thread because of all the uproar over some comedy....

Do any of you think Dave Chappelle was over the top with his latest show on Netflix? I don't think so but i have a different sense of humor - i didn't find it offensive - i laughed non-stop

we can't be offended about everything can we?

Haven't watched it yet. Not sure if I'm going to or not. I've always loved Chappelle, and have watched all of his recent specials on netflix sans this one. My only thing is that he seems to really be playing the martyred comedian card, and I honestly think it's just a marketing ploy. And at the same time, I care about trans rights, have multiple trans friends, and while I'm the last person to get offended over a comedy routine, I think going out of your way to be hurtful to an already oppressed group of people is generally tasteless and honestly couldn't be less funny.

Not really saying that's what he's doing cause I haven't seen it, but that honestly is just the vibe I'm getting from it. I have somewhat enjoyed his recent specials, but if he's really just doubling down on the trans shit I'm honestly not all that interested.

Yup, watched it this morning. He was fantastic as always! I can't believe people get offended by stand-up. Fucking snowflakes.
I know right? People get ass hurt if you sneeze wrong these days. Yet they allow commercials like " Welcome to my Vagina". I mean really? I couldn't care less about your hoo-ha bitch. Why dont people get offended by that??

Ive been around SO many people over the years that think a certain comedian
(Chapelle is one of the best in my book also) is their type of funny until they bring up the one thing that offends them, then theyre a pos ...

No, nothing is off limits in stand up comedy

people have hands & feet to turn off and shuffle off

Haven't watched it yet. Not sure if I'm going to or not. I've always loved Chappelle, and have watched all of his recent specials on netflix sans this one. My only thing is that he seems to really be playing the martyred comedian card, and I honestly think it's just a marketing ploy. And at the same time, I care about trans rights, have multiple trans friends, and while I'm the last person to get offended over a comedy routine, I think going out of your way to be hurtful to an already oppressed group of people is generally tasteless and honestly couldn't be less funny.

Not really saying that's what he's doing cause I haven't seen it, but that honestly is just the vibe I'm getting from it. I have somewhat enjoyed his recent specials, but if he's really just doubling down on the trans shit I'm honestly not all that interested.

i don't think he is trying to be hurtful - but that's me....you'd have to watch it to make that call

i ran to watch it before they took it off the air, just in case.....it's really not that bad

i don't think he is trying to be hurtful - but that's me....you'd have to watch it to make that call

i ran to watch it before they took it off the air, just in case.....it's really not that bad
yeah, i didn't wanna make that judgement having not seen it. I'm thinking of watching it tonight honestly. The previous specials didn't really seem that way, but at the same time, some of that stuff I just don't really find funny. Not in a "oh im offended we have to cancel this guy" type of way, but in a "its just not funny" way. I'm willing to give it a shot. He is one of my favorite comedians, and I do love stand up comedy.

Yea see i like that kinda comedy where it makes fun of stereo-types

we need to be able to laugh at ourselves and stereo-types are funny to me including the ones about myself - make fun of me im ok with it - im white, im italian, im from NJ ya know how many stereo-types their are about me? roast me - put me on rotisserie im all for it

ya know where my fantasy team name came from right?

there's the womens basketball team - the LA Sparks.....well....Im the Spooks :)

the only people that have ever called me racist were white people....so that's why i just ignore them

the only people that have ever called me racist were white people....so that's why i just ignore them
I mean, you might wanna work on a new team name if you're trying to convince people you're not racist 😜

But yeah, just finished it. I have kinda mixed feelings about it. Thought he ended it well and wrapped it up nicely. It definitely had some really funny moments. That said there was a lot of low hanging fruit type shit that I didn't really find funny.

I mean, you might wanna work on a new team name if you're trying to convince people you're not racist 😜

But yeah, just finished it. I have kinda mixed feelings about it. Thought he ended it well and wrapped it up nicely. It definitely had some really funny moments. That said there was a lot of low hanging fruit type shit that I didn't really find funny.

well i don't care who thinks what about me - that's the difference - i know who i am and so do most people - they can think im a racist all they want - cause i kinda am to some ppl because i will say things - but nobody's marching in a white sheet anywhere - everybody talks a little shit - all sides do

i thought it was 100% funny - but again, that's me :shrug:

not his best, but i still enjoyed it.

he already seemed like he was going old man stuck in his ways from previous specials, but if he's offending ppl from expressing his opinion... they can just not watch it. simple as that.

if a topic offends, all the more reason to discuss it.

with that said, i find it pretty stupid that he said the whole "i'm team t.e.r.f." thing.

he's still funny and sharp for the most part

it's still on my list and i'll get to it eventually - i've got a lot of time for his comedy generally.

aside, it looks like some in this thread were hoping for some backlash which never really transpired...

alasdair