View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Changa. How to use?

mixcloudcornieaV2

Greenlighter
Crystal and freebase frustrate me to no end so I am procuring some changa instead. It is my understanding that changa can be (somewhat) smoked the same way any other herb can be smoked (Using a bong) except that you need to be much more gentle with the flame and how hard you pull through initially. Is this correct or is there a more efficient or easy way to consume changa. Also wanted to clarify if the herb blend is a 1:1 Herb to DMT blend does this mean that essentially half of the blend is DMT whilst the other half is herb? Meaning if you wanted to dose 60mg of DMT you would need 120mg of the said changa blend? Thanks.

By Changa people usually mean a combination of DMT and Harmaline that is infused onto some herb mix, which may vary depending on taste and whoever prepares it, a lot of times Caapi, Damiana and Blue Lotus are used as carrier herbs. The ratio is not set in stone and I imagine there are lots of variations.

If whoever made it said the blend is 1:1, most likely that means the blend contains equal amounts of both DMT and Harmaline (which is a MAOI). There is no way you can know how much DMT you will be consuming if you do not have real info on how much DMT was mixed in the Changa mix that you have. So if I were you I would start with a small (smaller than pea size) amount and wait 15-20 minutes or so before vaporizing more.

Please note that the main difference between Changa and Pharmahuasca is that Changa is always infused into carrier herb, Pharmahuasca is just a plain combination of MAOI and DMT.

Changa can be smoked in a bong or classic pipe very effectively but IME it's a lot better through dry large sized vaporizer.

The beauty of Changa is preparatory process which feels religious and interesting as you can play with herbs to create different aromas and strengths. Also Changa allows you for smooth slow and somewhat controlled entrance into hyperspace.

More on that:

https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Preparation_of_changa

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Changa

Will changa give you a breakthrough experience? I thought it was a more recreational DMT trip, gentle and not quite through the chrysanthemum as it were

I believe I can get most of the info on herbs and ratios of the changa easily. thanks for the answer very informative!

(Ill up date the thred when I know more about the specific herbs etc)

What is the point of adding the MAOI if it?s just gonna be smoked? Why not just get straight DMT at that point?

What is the point of adding the MAOI if it?s just gonna be smoked? Why not just get straight DMT at that point?

It feels very different that way. Harmala alkaloids are mildly psychoactive on their own when vaporized but when vaporized with DMT together they soften and slow down the entrance (but also mute the peak) and you can linger on the border of breakthrough for hours if you have a decent equipment and technique. When Harmala alkaloids are vaporized, it takes about 10-15 minutes for MAOI effect to kick in, it seems to be fully on by 30 minutes if consumed enough. Changa usually doesnt hit you like a train, rather envelops you slowly and softly IME.

And answering Beenhead's question: Yes, you can still break through with Changa, just use more of it. Changa hyperspace is more welcoming and feels more organic and less synthetic than plain DMT, but it can turn just as dark and confusing. I have more visions of people with Changa where with DMT FB visions are way more abstract.

CURRENT CHANGA BLEND:
50% Passionflower 15% Damiana 15% Blue Lily 10% Peppermint

1:1 just means 50% herbs 50% NN DMT freebase so in terms of dosing for a breakthrough just use double the ammount you would with crystal.

40-70mg crystal
80-140mg CHANGA

This is all the info I was provided regarding the changa.