Study CBT (Cannabitriol) is an Anti-Estrogen compound

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member

reposting from reddit, thought some of you might find this valuable, haven't looked through it myself yet

So in theory, this could be useful to men who are working out / bodybuilding?

or to women with breast cancer

I’m gonna be getting this soon as possible. Anti-estrogen sounds lovely considering cannabis as a whole has testosterone lowering properties.

-GC

nice, which sort of product might have this present in desirable quantities? haven't read through enough literature on the topic to speculate as to whether d8 d9 d10 etc would contain the most, or if it would be somehow possible to extract it yourself - imagine any product isolate would be prohibitively expensive, perhaps just cynicism but not unduly warranted

or to women with breast cancer
that's just where the science is at, from what I've read it's a bad idea for women to use this in general probably... unless being treated for cancer

that's just where the science is at, from what I've read it's a bad idea for women to use this in general probably... unless being treated for cancer
yeah, i only know about it because my partner is dealing w breast cancer atm and about to be put on tamoxifen for this very reason. And it's side effects are TErrIble. a cannabinoid option to reduce estrogen with few side-effects could be really amazing.

yeah, i only know about it because my partner is dealing w breast cancer atm and about to be put on tamoxifen for this very reason. And it's side effects are TErrIble. a cannabinoid option to reduce estrogen with few side-effects could be really amazing.
Sadly, most of Tamoxifen's side effects come directly from it's intended method of action, blocking Estradiol from interacting with the Estrogen Receptors.
This makes Tamoxifen a drug of the SERM class, while CBT is an AI, meaning it prevents Estradiol from being produced.
I don't know how effective CBT is, but strong AIs are even worse than SERMs in regards to side effects.

Sadly, most of Tamoxifen's side effects come directly from it's intended method of action, blocking Estradiol from interacting with the Estrogen Receptors.
This makes Tamoxifen a drug of the SERM class, while CBT is an AI, meaning it prevents Estradiol from being produced.
I don't know how effective CBT is, but strong AIs are even worse than SERMs in regards to side effects.
I'd say most AIs aside from maybe exemestane I'd rank worse on the body than serms for the lost part especially in terms of their effects on lipids.

Well that made me sad seeing science dot bio is closing
I had no idea... Guess I'll be pulling the trigger on a few compounds that I've been holding off on.
EDIT: Fuck, they sold out of all the good stuff. Phenylpiracetam, Bromantane, Phenibut, GABA powder, etc.

Last edited:
I had no idea... Guess I'll be pulling the trigger on a few compounds that I've been holding off on.
EDIT: Fuck, they sold out of all the good stuff. Phenylpiracetam, Bromantane, Phenibut, GABA powder, etc.

That isn't the good stuff last i looked. I'd go for more interesting stuff, weird curiosities that would just add to my collection and i might take once or twice, like oxytocin or THC-O

That isn't the good stuff last i looked. I'd go for more interesting stuff, weird curiosities that would just add to my collection and i might take once or twice, like oxytocin or THC-O
Oxytocin acetate has little to no activity when ingested, and the cannabinoids are USA-only.

...I thought GABA didn't cross the BBB...

Last edited by a moderator:
...I thought GABA didn't cross the BBB...
It doesn't. Still sold because people buy it. Same with carnitine supplements that basically don't do shit unless you mega dose it or get the injectable equine/Grey market versions and combine with insulin. And B-alanine is basically useless as well because it needs to hit saturation dose. Demand is there, so they keep supplying it

It doesn't. Still sold because people buy it. Same with carnitine supplements that basically don't do shit unless you mega dose it or get the injectable equine/Grey market versions and combine with insulin. And B-alanine is basically useless as well because it needs to hit saturation dose. Demand is there, so they keep supplying it
Interesting. So the times I used extended release B/a and got major pins and needles/itch in my limbs (I was looking for speed on 25min mountainbike runs and similar duration stair climbing) was I experiencing placebo effect to see it help? Because it did *seem* to. Serious question. Not being combative, just realized on proof read I'd better say that.

CBD-
- oils have done absolutely nothing for me. Zero. tried a few.
- some capsules taken before bed seem to really help with anxiety. The ones where they look like weed put in a grinder then in a capsule, and I burp up m/j scent seem to work. Unfortunately I bought some that don't have scent or effect.
- the time they really seemed to help was in a ptsd (& meth use recovery) phase where an well meaning Ex GF talked with me a couple hours and set me up with somewhere to buy them. I could believe a bit that that was placebo effect.