• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Cats or Dogs? Uppers or Downers?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
I’m curious whether there are people naturally inclined towards uppers vs people naturally inclined towards downers. If so, what explains the difference?

For example I am definitely a stim person who only takes benzos occasionally to end a binge. I can’t comprehend people who live to go on the nod with opiates. i suppose some people are completely the opposite and can’t comprehend me.

Any views on whether there are two main types of drug fiend? Or is everyone polyamorous?

I like downers and normally save stims for pulling me out of my singularity of suicidal ideation.

Psychedelics are always a + and shatter = every day.

Both cats and dogs..... as for drugs, i prefer stims but have nothing against downers, just can't afford that kinda habit.... do love a good nod tho

Stims, never taken a downer though so I wouldn't know if I'd prefer them.

Edit: I mean I am afraid that benzos and opiates would basically draw me in as soon as I touched them as I am anxious or worry a lot most of the time, and sometimes I have trouble sleeping, so probably it would be like really hard for me to control myself and I also hate the idea of blacking out and not acting like myself being a possibility.
With stims I might go on binges but very sporadically and my worst, while still unhealthy as fuck, is still really low key compared to what some people do.
I never take crazy high dosages at once, always use a scale, I don't redose excessively often and manage to drink and eat something etc.
I think what helps me with stims is that if I am being stupid, some anxiety and/or paranoia will come up pretty quickly way before sleep deprivation sets in, and I don't really like redosing knowing that I will increase anxiety.
Also I do not feel that good on stims, I mean they feel nice but only high dosages after a few months of abstinence, and tolerance sets in very quickly after the first 3 or 4 doses, and then a fat line of speed feels like a cigarette when you haven't smoked one in a few months.

Last edited:
When I was into drugs and used them as a teen and young adult in my 20s I loved both; but I was very careful not to combine uppers (stimulants) and downers (depressants), or too much of either like alcohol and opiates or benzos, alcohol, and opiates. I had friends who would do this all the time several died, and the rest became or still are polydrug addicts. :-\ :(

I would sometimes take opiates in low or moderate (for me) doses never dope/heroin, just pharmaceutical opiates like oxy, hydrocodone, or codeine. I hated the side effects of nausea, itching, and constipation. I also would start to get really bad stomach cramps on them when coming down so I stopped taking them. I never found sleeping on pharmecutical amphetamines like Dexedrine or Adderall to be difficult. Even when I had taken either in low doses in the late afternoon or early evening I could still easily fall asleep at night. I also would take them before early morning classes and if I was bored in class I would fall asleep. I never used meth, MDMA/MDA, any research chemicals, disassociative drugs, and I tried coke once but liked it way too much so I decided to never use it again and never have.

I have owned both cats and dogs but prefer cats, and I was mainly into LSD, mushrooms, and cannabis/hash. So maybe that is why I preferred psychedelics? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ;)

Last edited:
Stims and psychedelics tried downers often but never really got into them. I guess working long hours stims were always my choice needed that extra kick to keep me awake espically when some working days would end up around 15-16 hours.

When I was into drugs and used them as a teen and young adult in my 20s I loved both; but I was very careful not to combine uppers (stimulants) and downers (depressants), or too much of either like alcohol and opiates or benzos, alcohol, and opiates. I had friends who would do this all the time several died, and the rest became or still are polydrug addicts. :-\ :(

I would sometimes take opiates in low or moderate (for me) doses never dope/heroin, just pharmaceutical opiates like oxy, hydrocodone, or codeine. I hated the side effects of nausea, itching, and constipation. I also would start to get really bad stomach cramps on them when coming down so I stopped taking them. I never found sleeping on pharmecutical amphetamines like Dexedrine or Adderall to be difficult. Even when I had taken either in low doses in the late afternoon or early evening I could still easily fall asleep at night. I also would take them before early morning classes and if I was bored in class I would fall asleep. I never used meth, MDMA/MDA, any research chemicals, disassociative drugs, and I tried coke once but liked it way too much so I decided to never use it again and never have.

I have owned both cats and dogs but prefer cats, and I was mainly into LSD, mushrooms, and cannabis/hash. So maybe that is why I preferred psychedelics? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ;)

Cats are definitely trippy creatures. I prefer them to dogs, but I get along well with dogs too.

i consider hydrocodone an upper
bc when i take them i can get up
and do things. really.
so i guess i can't even imagine doing an upper or a downer unless it is a benzo.
coo coo head hylight.

I'm a tweaker boozehound get around town type of drug fiend if ye will now I gotta get around town to the right kind of meetings if me wanna see another day it be feeling like now worse and worse yo

I relate to occasional benzo use I never got hooked on any downers other than booze but I can't take the depressant effects need to use a stimulus with it so I am also an alcoholic drug fiend & I would call myself a fiend over an addict cuz of my over the line antics to get a fix a gremlin sized one though

Last edited:
I like downers and normally save stims for pulling me out of my singularity of suicidal ideation.

Psychedelics are always a + and shatter = every day.
Stim crashes these days plunge me into suicidal mindscapes combined with savage alcoholism I will adopt the concept of the disease I am not a physical daily dependent type more like sporadic binger who some nights might only have a few or none without meetings nor therapy nor coaching though the days off seem to be lessening and the binges are becoming more of a regular scary pattern I cannot seem to escape from

Last edited:
I definitely prefer downers all the way, although I am polyamorous lol. And I’m a dog person for sure.

I'd say both. They balance each other out, ying-yang. I think getting high is an art form.

But mostly uppers I guess. Or at least I tend to enjoy the stimulating (upper-like) effects more than the sedating ones, even if the drug isn't technically a stimulant.

I'm hyper-sensitive to stimulants ; they don't agree with me.
Fuck even a second cup of coffee will make me jittery and slightly nauseous.

Downers all the way for me. Though taking them with the express intention to just nod out is a waste of a good chemical in my opinion.

PS dogs are nice but prefer cats.
Dogs need too much attention and general looking - after. If I wanted to live with a toddler that never grows up , I'd adopt a retarded kid. A cat at least will back off when I'm not in the mood for snuggles, and won't starve if I forget his feed 'cause I'm smacked - out on the couch

Last edited: