• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

cat got prescribed liquid buprenorphine, can I use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yo0123yo

Bluelighter
Had my cat spayed 2 days ago and today they told me to come back to get some liquid buprenorphine to give to her orally but she really doesn't seem in pain anymore. They said when inserting it in her mouth to give her the liquid under her tongue or side of her cheek and for her to not swallow it right away. The dose on it says .3mg/ml and quantity is 1.0. Has anyone had any experience with this or done this? Thanks all advice is appreciated, a nice buprenorphine opiate high would be nice :) thanks

Last edited:
That's not much of a dose, ??don't think you'll feel it??.

OK gotcha, let's say if for example I were to try taking it or some, how would I go about it? Would I have to let the liquid sit in my mouth for a little to be absorbed or can one just drink it? Never seen liquid buprenorphine before

OK gotcha, let's say if for example I were to try taking it or some, how would I go about it? Would I have to let the liquid sit in my mouth for a little to be absorbed or can one just drink it? Never seen liquid buprenorphine before
Not sure actually... I'd imagine it'd be the best way to consume it [orally, as a human], as I am not sure of the ingredients, and it is meant for oral-use. I don't think they would make any special ingredients for a cat, but they could.. you should probably wait for someone on here that is perhaps more experienced in this field.

If there's only bupe in there, you should take it under the tongue or snort it. 0.3 mg is a low dose maybe it'll get you a bit relaxed that's all.
Oh yeah or you could also plug it :) it should be the most effective way AFAIK

If there's only bupe in there, you should take it under the tongue or snort it. 0.3 mg is a low dose maybe it'll get you a bit relaxed that's all.
Oh yeah or you could also plug it :) it should be the most effective way AFAIK

I wonder how it would taste lol, I know 1mg would give an ok feeling

Last edited:
Yeah man, kitty got its bits chopped off, they earned that barely recreational narcotic.

Yeah man, kitty got its bits chopped off, they earned that barely recreational narcotic.

Lol my bad I thhought it was 1 or 3mg in there lol definitely not going to take a .3 I won't feel shit. Giving it to her I wonder if cats get a high from it

Lol my bad I thhought it was 1 or 3mg in there lol definitely not going to take a .3 I won't feel shit. Giving it to her I wonder if cats get a high from it

They gave my cat an extremely low dose of oxymorphone. She couldn't stand up was foaming at the mouth and puked. I'm sure she had a great time. 8)

the drug is for humans to begin with but when formulated for cats it is compounded different, the saliva glands and the way a cat metabolizes the drug is much different than humans, on all the sites for this drug is states that it is 30 times more powerful than morphine, i once suggested to my vet after prescribing it for my cat, that i needed to touch it with my tongue to check out the taste to help me decide what problems i would have administering it. i usually do this so i know how they will react. he got visibly upset and went into a long lecture and gave me several sites to research. just like with morphine it would be easy to make a mistake on how much you took, when its compounded it is done according to who or what it will be taking it, it is possible to make a fatal mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.