• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Can't smoke Canna after mdma.

e-jester

Bluelighter
Sup all ill post here cause it covers 2 different things.

I'm a pretty average/heavy smoker about a 1/2 oz week.

But after i have some mdma I can't smoke with out feeling ill and most time throwing up, I can taste the smoke 100x more than usual and it makes me gag, even the day after I want a cone to relax but gotta wait cause ill feel ill if I do.

Any ideas as to why this is?

Thanks all

Any ideas as to why this is?

maybe, just maybe, the psychoactive effect of the cannabis throws off your syper hyped up sensors in your brain when you're on the MDMA. I have vomited and then slightly THC comatose from dabbing High concentrated THC too much at one time. not saying that Pharmaceuticals are the answer to all problems but have you considered benzodiazepines the following day to take the edge off...? Don't please don't start taking other substances just because I suggest something!!! I'm just thinking of other angles and options. Above All Else please be safe and use good judgment have a great weekend!!!

My benzo habbit started coming home from raves in the mid nineties when I would take some temazepam so I could sleep after the e and still make work but after about six months I realise that I’m starting to enjoy them more than the e and it ended up twelve years of madness before I could get off them. I still take the odd one when given by an old friend or whatever but I cannot ever trust myself to make contacts with any one who has real access or I would end up back on 200 plus mgs a day and my life would be over forever this time .
So I would not go the way of the benzo my friend.
Sorry for the long winded response mate but I only survived because my partner and family refused to abandon me . God only knows why .

Thanks for the replies,

Yeah I'm already on temazepam for other sleeping problems, but I've also got a fast metabolism so the afterglow/effects wear off pretty quick so I'm usually right to get some sleep/rest.

But as for the smoking the only other thing I could think of is when on mdma you are usually chewing gum / lollipop stick (old school raver lol ;) ) generating a lot of saliva maybe that's doing something to the tastebuds/receptors in the mouth making them hyper sensitive?

How long has it been? Did you take MDMA recently?
From your post it's not clear to me if this is an issue you're having right now, or if you're just asking out of curiosity (from past experiences).

I don't think this has to do with your taste buds, I'd say it's probably neurological (which doesn't necessarily mean it won't resolve on its own).

If this happened recently I think it would be a good idea to take a break from weed, or smoke as little as possible for a couple of days to see how it evolves.

Something that could be important is the duration of the nausea/stomach issues. Does it happen just while you're smoking or does it last for a couple of hours?
I'm not trying to diagnose you or anything like that, just looking for more info because I've heard about cases like that in the past.
If the nausea lasts a long time then maybe you should really look into it because it could be the beginning of cannabis hyperemesis syndrome (though it's pretty rare even among heavy smokers).

Yeah well i've been smoking pretty full on for about 20 years so I wouldn't be surprised if I need to take a break, but also just started taking mdma again after a very very long break like 10+ years.

Funny though cause I just had an endoscope and I have gastritis and duodenitis, so that probably doesn't help either.

But the gag/sick feeling is more like from the actual smoke(ing) part not so much as the stoned effect.