• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin can't hit veins in my arms anymore

^ if that happens thatl be the end of my dope days for sure haha. i love me the ECP dope, fuck all else.

yes i use a tourniquet and am very well hydrated, i even try to take a hot shower before i shoot. some veins pop out and i go in them but they just won't register, so i push down anyway after dozens of frustrating attempts only to feel a stinging sensation and then i pull out and itches like crazy, most importantly no rush. I've been missing everyday like this numerous times a day for about a week now. i just want the rush back..

^ if that happens thatl be the end of my dope days for sure haha. i love me the ECP dope, fuck all else.

yes i use a tourniquet and am very well hydrated, i even try to take a hot shower before i shoot. some veins pop out and i go in them but they just won't register, so i push down anyway after dozens of frustrating attempts only to feel a stinging sensation and then i pull out and itches like crazy, most importantly no rush. I've been missing everyday like this numerous times a day for about a week now. i just want the rush back..

man i dont get how yall cant hit yourself... i dont even tie off when im using (kinda on a break for the forseeable future) shit let alone having to drink water use hot presses and showers and all that and i was using the same rig for WAYYY to long... even when scar tissue would build up id give it a lil tap the itd reg.... but it is wierd on my arm i never use the vein seems smaller and way bigger in the other arm.... idk im just sayin idk how yall have so much trouble

Sometimes if you hit the same vein often it becomes stretched out or engorged.

I had a friend who used a vein so much that it got much bigger. I dunno if it was because he would slam down hard when shooting up or what but that vein just got bigger and bigger.

I do notice that if I stop my veins shrink up for a while and upon relapse eventually bulk back up and become easier to hit.

As far as the hot towels it helps some people find veins they didn't know they had.

I just feel about my arm seeing how they are completely tattooed I really just have to go on feel alone and that way of doing it makes sure you find big fat veins.

You gotta rotate. If you don't eventually some of your veins won't work or you could get an infection. Open veins and an abcess pretty much guarantees those veins won't work. I learned this the hard way.

I had someone show me how to shoot up once and just did it on my own. I might have been one of the first in my group of friends/acquaintances to get a needle habit.

I don't take my veins for granted and wish I had found a resource like this site or opiphile sooner.

There also is a good guide in PDF form obline. I think it is titled "getting off right" and it is an old harm reduction book that was given out in some needle exchanges. It does pretty much explain how to shoot up safest under any circumstances.

Honestly if yo ate having trouble hitting you need to ease off. If you got to shoot up and you can't hit it is either the rig or the sight most likely. So get some clean works and look carefully. It also doesn't hurt to take as good of care of your veins as possible and be gentle and precise when injecting. The last thing you want to do is desperately stab yourself.

I am not recommending IV drug use. I just know that it is better to provide information to help reduce harm. Ideally it is best to not inject drugs or even do them and that should be obvious but since most Ieveryone reading this type of thread injects I would prefer they damage their body as little as possible and have a better and easier time doing it.

First off stop reusing rigs! That's why your losing veins. I have been IVing for 6 years in the same vien and it still works granted there is some scar tissue. I found hitting my hands is impossible with long 28 gauge needles. Probably need to get some short 31 gauge if your gonna go that way. Otherwise find vien diagram and see what you can do. But the harm reduction answer is to switch to snorting but I know why you won't do that.

This. this this this. I've had the same spot for ten years, no major harm done except lots of scar tissue. Also stay hydrated and maybe consider hiring a phlebotomist on the dl or taking a needle break.

I think there would be a huge market for permanent pic lines.

Made out of admantium like wolervine's claw holsters. Just pop it in like a pic line dock.

That would be awesome. It might be do-able.

my vein that i used to hit all the time has come back and I'm able to hit myself there again… is this something that happens? i didn't kno veins could came back like this

Yes they come back. I suppose it just depends on what type of damage was done.

Any vein that is overworked will eventually need a break. Either you give it a break or it craps out. When it craps out from overuse it is less likely to heal proper.

Scar tissue is on issue but if you make total mincemeat of a spot it will not heal proper.

Overworked veins tend to recede but over time they will come back, sometimes.

I have a couple veins that will flag but if I push, it will actually go backwards towards my hand most the time. Those areas had been exposed veins for most of them and the other was just over worked until it stopped working. I suppose I had a great deal of reluctance to use my right arm.

Really if you rotate at the start you most likely won't have track marks if you can find most your veins and switch often. I find starting furthest from the heart and working your way closer is the best way to go when you find a new vein.

For example if I was to find a good vein in the middle of my arm, I would feel about in the direction of my hand until the vein started to narrow and start there. That way you won't have leaky hits that are less satisfying. I a hit is not satisfying you are more likely to just do another shot right then.

That is another reason to tie off. If you tie off and find a good vein that does not have a bunch of holes between the injection site and the heart it will be more satisfying. When you realease the tourniquet you will really feel it.

I need to find a link to the pdf file I was talking about earlier as most the stuff I practice today, I got from there. I can honestly say that the better the technique the better your life will be even though being an IV drug user is not a great way to live your life, you might as well do it right. It is not like many IV users quit.

I want to stop but still I might as well practice good technique. I have a shitload of pain and I have been opiate dependent for so long that I really do not see myself stopping. I have gotten clean and the physical pain is what always leads me back to opiates. The lack of effectiveness of my medications often lead me back to IV use.

So I hope to end the IV use soon, but in the mean time I sure as fuck am never going to get an infection and I will get the most out of it even if it is a shitty way to live.

I think there would be a huge market for permanent pic lines.

Made out of admantium like wolervine's claw holsters. Just pop it in like a pic line dock.

That would be awesome. It might be do-able.

There are issues. I knew a lady who tried to use her picc line to shoot up but it would clog and get all nasty when she did it all the time.

Well I was thinking of one similar to Wolerine's claw holsters. They were made so it would not hurt when his claws came out.

Obviously we need Professor Charles Xavier or Magneto to help out with something like this.

you really think IVing is SAFER than snoring dope? are we just talking dope or we talking about any opiate? safer to SNORT than to IV? first time I heard this.
Nonsense!
IV is a LOT safer when you are using quality gear; obviously Rx vials of heroin hydrochloride powder for reconstitution is safest of all, but there are several methods, some described on this very site, of purifying the kind of adulterated stuff you find 'on the streets' which are perhaps a bit time-consuming but hey, you're talking about SAFETY here. Even if one were to get a yield of only 15-20% of diacetylmorphine from some of the crap you buy in baggies, the amount required for a hit is reduced so much that 20mg/mL can be enough to fly. In some people that might even be too much!
The street heroin which we get here and I suspect is available almost anywhere in the US as well, is Afghani or Pakistani diacetylmorphine BASE (aka#3, brown, 'smoking heroin' etc) which may be made into a salt suitable for injection by addition of an acid to the rather insoluble-in-water base, citric acid being the most used, heated gently the mixture will clear to an amber to darker brown colour - the problem being that any soluble 'cut' is also included in the liquid to be injected - so heroin citrate is a lot more commonly used than the pharmaceutical prescription hydrochloride, unless you purify it using one of the methods published using HCl.
This base being non-water-soluble, is not effective when snorted and the crap that it is cut with is something you more than likely do NOT want up your hooter! (Most will be caffeine and d-mannitol, relatively inert but who really knows what noxious stuff can be added by unscrupulous greedy middlemen?!)
Smoking the base is often touted by Health authorities as the safest method, after all, that is what the #3 is made for, but look at the distilled and very strong residue which collects on your foil tooter and think of what is ending up in your lungs!
I am afraid that from this point my post was not auto-saved, so I will improvise the finish.
Heroin from the street having been purified using the methods published elsewhere in BLUELIGHT and in other places is benign, does no damage to the body when injected in a sterile environment using sterile equipment, you do NOT want to be injecting the watercsoluble crap it is often mixed with so making Afghan base into heroin citrate isn't exactly the best way, 20mg/mL is way enough to fly, so even purifying with a yield of 15-20% is well worth the time and work involved, though there is no substitute for prescribed vials of powder for reconstitution hydrochloride, and snorting lets whatever possibly noxious substances the greed of organised crime's bulking agents contain (though mostly caffeine and d-mannitol, pretty inert) enter the system through the mucosa, the base is not water soluble and therefore is a waste when snorted - you MUST only insufflate a purified or Rx preparation - and smoking will coat your lungs with heroin as well as God knows what, even if the method is safer insofar as overdosing is concerned, control of intake and the amount of intoxication desired is concerned...
I must conclude that intravenous injection of diacetylmorphine hydrochloride as pure and clean as possible in a sterile environment is by quite a long way the safest method of using.
And this is from somebody who has been using opiates and opioids since 1972 and 'street' gear since 1976. Maybe the fact my father was a doctor and my mother a nurse has always made me very careful about my drug usage and my insistence on safety at all times has a lot to do with my attitudes but I am talking absolute FACT here and would certainly never have made this comment were I not 100% certain of my conclusion.
It is a thankless task explaining harm reduction to the last couple of generations, who are the filthiest and most cavalier I have ever encountered during my long association with using opioid drugs as my social relaxant of choice - and they are also a lot safer than the legal drugs which are sold everywhere in the western world, alcohol and tobacco.
Please take heed as I have seen a couple of documentaries about the US heroin scene recently which disgusted me, it is almost as bad as it is here in Scotland and IV use seems to be MORE prevalent than smoking or snorting there, whilst the majority of recreational users here are smokers.
One final thing, Mexican heroin made using GAA in place of acetic anhydride, as well as producing a substance which has a greater proportion of 3-MAM than the desirable 6-MAM in the eventual 3,6-diacetyl product is also recommended to be purified before injection, though my impression is that some of that dreadful tarry, vinegar-stinking stuff, while excellent smoking material, is, or can be, extremely potent when injected, so beware. Perhaps the high price of heroin in the US compared with Europe has something to do with this greater purity of the import quality goods which are common in the Southern States like NM, AZ and TX. It is double or more the price of Europe, gram for gram.

Last edited:
I see some of you discussing shooting up via your feet or legs....Arent those veins very deep? Mine you can barely see and I can never hit them so I just assumed they were extremely deep veins.

my friend's arm got all fucked up from IV coke cuz she would have to do another shot like every 3 minutes. I told her she should get one of those hospital IV rigs so she can go in once, pull the needle out, then just pump her shots in all night long through the tube.
one injection, unlimited shots for the night.
can even leave it in for days as long as u flush it out regularly

I sympathize heavy on this subject. I fucked up most of my "favorite" spots because we don't have a needle exchange and the stores quit selling syringes to people that don't have insulin scripts. I've used the same needle for literally 2 weeks before, possibly longer. Had to use them until they broke. You gotta buy them from the dope boys or diabetics (some ignorant pharmacies will still let you buy them), but obviously they don't always have them on deck. It was awful using a rig that looked like a fish hook, hoping and praying it didn't break before I registered and injected my dope. I wish I would've had the option of a needle exchange; they're just now making one and there's been a heroin epidemic in Dayton for awhile now.

I was shooting hydromorphone in Florida and hitting myself was a hassle some of the time, my buddy would have to help me out on occasion. Sometimes I'd register almost right away, other times I almost wanted to give up. My mainlines hide and roll, not to mention there's a decent amount of scar tissue. The nurse at my doc's office couldn't even hit the crooks of my arm, had to use my middle forearm cephalic.

And hydration is crucial. If you're getting high or drinking, there's a good chance you're dehydrated. I know I'd let myself get super dehydrated.

Best of luck with developing technique or hopefully you can quit. IV heroin addiction is hell on earth.

I hear you, man. Ive been shooting for only about 4 years, rotate often (enough), use new needles... In the beginning I had no issues hitting. I think the problem for me was in the vast array of shit I was injecting. I used to be very stupid. Id shoot (almost....) anything that could be shot. Im too ashamed to even name some of them. But I mean id shoot crack/coke, h, pharm opiates, ambien (one of the dumb ones).

Rotate often, study up on vein location, slam water,use cleans, take a hot shower or bath... I always and try to only shoot after I shower to minimize poking around. I also give my veins a rest here and there whether I want to or not (i never 'want to').

thankfully my main vein that i used to hit came back so i am able to register again and get the rush

but the veins on my other arm are fucked and do not register so its only a matter of time b4 my "happy spot" doesn't work again. lately tho I have not been re using rigs I buy new ones constantly so i guess thats good

You have what i said backwards friend. I said it's safer to IV than snort. I definitely don't feel like melting my brain when it comes to snorting anything in general:(

Lol. I hope you're joking, otherwise you must not be very smart (sorry to be off topic, this just made me chuckle).

So what exactly am I doing wrong I've only been doing this since February and I had beautiful veins now it's so hard to hit them that I'm starting to waste money and it's really starting to piss me off is there any way at all to find a different vein other than crook outside and inner side of the arm in the back of the arm I love the back of the arm it was so straight to the point getting a little upset that that one still has to heal but I need to find another alternative I keep looking in my legs but I have a hard time getting them to the pop-up or to show anything i also just had blood work done and results say I have a low red blood count, could that be it? I literally running out of blood?my?suggestions help!!