• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can't feel nothing on oxycodone

zagor11

Bluelighter
I was on oxy for 4 years and it always made me high. Then I went to suboxone maintanance for 6 months. 2 months ago I quit suboxone cold turker 18MG and 2 days later went back on oxy. My doc has me on 45 mg of oxy 4x per day but no matter what dose I take there is no high.

Now, I wouldnt even chase the high if I was not severly depressed. I am trying new antidepressants every 3 months and nothing work so I try to mask it with oxy. But like I said no high at all. If I do not take my dose for about 7-8 hours, then I will feel somewhat normal but nothing like even euphotic let alone high.

I blame suboxone. But for Gods sake its been 2 months. How can my mu receptors still be blocked after 60 days.

It would be worth a try to get off oxy for a few days to reset my brain but depression and chronic pain wont allow me to wean off. Going cold turkey would be hell as most of you know and even then it may be the same thing.

Anyone went throught his?

thats a huge dose of suboxone, your tolerance probably skyrocketed from that. For comparison... I've read of 20 year heroin addicts that switched to 2mg suboxone.

I don't feel any of my medications anymore except for a relaxing feeling at night after taking 1 mg klonopin and 600 mgs gabapentin (legally prescribed).

I'm prescribed Methadone, OxyIR 15mgs and Norcos. I either feel kind of out of pain or in a lot of pain. It sucks that I own a pharmacy in my house and feel nothing.

I think I tried increasing my meds for awhile a couple of years ago but now I give up. Once you are tolerant and also have pain issues you can forget the pills making you high unless you shoot them up.

I still get really messed up smoking pot but I skip doses of pain meds when I smoke because I don't want a bad reaction.

Sorry, it's the unfortunate part of taking these everyday for long periods.

You are right that the Sub dose was huge. Doctors can be stupid at times. You should have been on a few mgs a day, not 18 mgs.

TELL YOUR DOCTOR(not that it isn't getting you high obviously but it no longer work s for its intended use since being on the sub's that's what your doctors there for)