• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Cannabis MEGA-Thread: amotivation and the munchies

^really good way of putting it! and just cos ur back to smoking daily doesnt mean u cant either 'break up' again - or if u can handle it - 'start seeing her on a more casual basis' :)

double ewe said:
Predictably enough, I'm back to smoking daily . . . :\

Hey me too =D

f*k if it is not dependable .. nothing else from day to day can ever keep me so calm or distracted.

I only hit heavy on the greens while my friends drink/smoke their organs away .. munchies need not apply [i'm heroin-chic tyvm]
Hard to knock healthier, critical living. tho my vision is getting foggy so maybe i do smoke too much :\

Amotivation, though .. it peaks more when I take a break [usually involuntary], and I lose inspiration for all things in life .. my mind is so random when I'm high that I can actually accomplish things rather than face the boredom I experience with most any sober hour.
So long as the cumulative [side] effects don't push me completely over the edge of sanity, I won't regret a leaf spent.

Last edited:
I adore weed, yes I do.

The problem with it is though, because of the total lack of short term negative effects, I can't resist getting stoned out of my mind every second of my free time. With Alcohol or harder drugs, I'd worry about the state I'd be in come morning if I cained them on a weeknight, but with weed its like heyyyyy why the hell not?

Gonna have to quit completely for a bit once university gets serious (final year now), going to be really hard. I have become severely dependent on weed for relaxing by myself lately, get a bit agitated if I don't have it. Slowly trying to cut down, but still go on silly binges where nothing else is done for days...too moreish I tell ya.

yea that agitation is the most annoying symptom of coming off weed - that and the insomnia
i remember feeling so restless i wanted to run up the walls, not to mention going off at ppl for the mildest things!
it is actually a lot easier to just stop than to slow down tho - because the drugs in ur system for so long, the withdrawals (if u experience them - yes agitation is one of them) last a long time (well they peak at about 5 days but they tend to hang around for up to 6 weeks) and if ur a steady pot-smoker then the withdrawals (again if ur one of those that experiences them) start as soon as uve come down
this means that 'cutting down' makes u feel like crap evry time ur not high....some ppl even experience nausea and lack of appetite or flu-like symptoms between sessions
smoking less doesnt really help anything once uve got that kind of tolerance
the best thing to do is just stop
and id stop at least a couple of months before u need to work hard at uni in case u do happen to b one of those ppl who suffers from withdrawals as they can cause ur memory, motivation and concentration to (believe it or not) become worse
for most ppl who do suffer from cannabis withdrawal, it is an extremely mild experience - even for ppl who go thru the worst symptoms, it pales in significance compared to the withdrawals of drugs like heroin, benzos, even coke/amphetamines.....but its still uncomfortable esp emotionally
gd luck with the time off, inso - im sure ull find itll do u gd....not to mention ull get more high in the future!

I have a huge dependance on mary jane. Regardless if there is more drugs in the picture, it all comes down to pot, you must have pot. If I don't have pot, I will not have a good time, if there isn't pot at a party (which dosent really happen), Id rather smoke my own at my house, rather then going out and socializing without it.
I will cut the night short to get a bag if I don't have one, I need pot before bed...its been a 6 year habit, that I cant seem to pass
I have problems socializing when I am high and have problems socializing when I'm NOT high, and that seems like a problem in general.
Although I smoke to decrease my anxiety and to keep me off meds; I don't always get the right strain to decrease anxiety, but increase it.
Without mary jane I'm OVERactive and almost annoying to myself, which leads me to smoking even more to solve this problem, especially when I go without smoking for a 24 hour period..which is unheard of.
Even though I wake up every morning with flegm in my throat and black/white spit, I still pack the bowl, every morning.
even though my cough has advanced from a small flegmy cough, to a cold dry cough that almost makes me puke every time I hit a blunt.

I used to smoke and get a sense of enlightenment, now when I smoke it feels like I took a crack hit, and need another RIGHT away, and I smoke until I'm either dizzy or just pass out..there really isn't a fun feeling to it anymore, and when I smoke with freinds they get high, and I need 10x what they need.

I just need to do more with my time, like excersise etc, and I will get out of this 'loop' I'm not complaining or anything, just adding to this thread of bitchy ass stoners ;)

I'd rather all of the above then to develop cancer over time, so I love mary jane and always will. Moderation is key to any substance, but even people who preach that fall victim :)

^for some ppl, moderation isnt the answer - it just cant b done
hav u tried smoking in moderation?
if not i suggest the detox regime i mentioned in my last post.....although in ur case id maybe go about 3 months pot-free before experimenting with smoking again
ull probly feel pretty shitty for a month or so but after that ull most likely find ur problems in general will disappear to a great extent
if u find u just go back to smoking evryday without any ability to control the habit (which wudnt b ur fault - its just like that for some ppl) then consider this - r u better off without pot in ur life?
some drug counselling agencies will aid u in getting ur substance use under control, and will support u if u want to b either abstinent or moderate about using - i went to one of these and it was really helpful (i learnt in the end that i cudnt control my use in the end but at least i was given the option!)
its something to think about - cos it sounds like its being a fuck of a negative experience for u atm :(

Marijuana was my first drug and my first love. I considered it my main thing for years and years. In the past year though I have felt very much less attached to it... granted, I still use it daily, but it used to occupy everything. I mean I have always been a daily, all-the-time smoker, but these days I barely even think of it most days except that my wife is still much more of a pothead than I am (never thought that would happen!) I actually love it when I can have a few days off because I feel sharp... I definitely don't feel like marijuana makes me stupid but it clouds of the clarity of thought for sure, but it's just something you get used to and stop noticing as anything out of the ordinary.

I mean, I still enjoy smoking, don't get me wrong. But it's no longer my lifestyle... I smoke at night only mainly out of force of habit and living with my partner in crime.

Cannabis only helped to bring out my mental illness, making it many times worse than it already was. I'm lucky to be doing OK now. Sure, my using psychedelics also didn't help, but I'd quit those for about a year before I had my manic episode, an event I was lucky to walk away from. The only drug I'd been using near to the time of my last hospitalizations was pot.

yea cannabis is actually one of the worst drugs u can use if u suffer from most mental illnesses - anxiety, depression, bipolar, schizophrenia......all of these can become much worse wen u smoke weed

how can we stop?
when it's become routine?
When your entire circle of friends cannot bear being around eachother unless they're high?

I keep feeding them weed... its hurting my wallet...its hurting my lfie... i want it to stop...

but i can't bear the thought of spending more than a single afternoon alone...

so we chill.... and blaze... and blaze... and blaze.. and when i finally say 'thats it for today' we all part...

:/

i was supposed to finish a bunch of documents today at work and some homework before class, but my friend decides to slide through my work with a gram blunt of grandaddy purps....spent the rest of the day actign lik ei was doing shit, zoning out, and i ate 7...yes SEVEN halloween cupcakes that were in the office kitchen. Yay weed, fun....

offtopic, somewhat, but i must say, chicpoena, but you do an INCREDIBLE job in here. i dont post much, but i lurk a whole lot. i appreciate your work, and i thank you sincerely. <3

i dont smoke everyday, but i smoke a few times a week most weeks. it doesnt take much to get me high, luckily. ive never developed a big tolerance to THC, but it is by far the hardest drug for me to stay away from. i say i will quit, and a few days later im smoking again. its definately has its downfalls, as well as its positives.

Thanks JV :)

Pot is definitely more psychologically addicting than a lot of people are willing to admit. Sure, it may not be as bad as heroin addiction but it's not completely 100% harmless either.

Paralysis said:
how can we stop?
when it's become routine?
When your entire circle of friends cannot bear being around eachother unless they're high?

I keep feeding them weed... its hurting my wallet...its hurting my lfie... i want it to stop...
i guess for a start u cud stop 'feeding' ur mates weed - isnt it about time they chipped in a bit too? u shudnt hav to pay for other ppls habits just cos u want friends - if theyre friends theyll b ur friends regardless of whether u give them weed or not
if u actually want to stop.....well its the same as stopping any drug i guess - theres counselling, theres 12-step meetings (over here we hav a marijuana anonymous - i dont know about where u r) or theres rehab
i know rehab sounds drastic but i spose it depends how heavy a habit uve got and how hard u find it to go without.....oh and of course how desperate u r to stop
i cudnt believe the amount of ppl who were in rehab with me for weed alone - theres a few marijuana addicts at NA too.....i certainly identify with it as being one of my past problems
that is wat chic means, im guessing, by its not 100% harmless!
u hav to find new friends if ur changing something in ur life like a drug habit of any description - that or arrange with ur friends that they dont smoke around u (again if theyre friends they wont!)
its even better to find friends that just plain dont smoke or smoke occasionally tho, cos in the end theyre the ones ull get on best with wen ur not stoned

i quit weed 2 days ago... it gave me bad anxiety. after work, I would smoke, then eat for 2 hours straight, then lay in bed, trapped awake tripping anxiety for 4-6 hours. anyways, since I quit, I work harder at work, and quicker... I'm more witty and alert, I don't sleep in as much, and am generally more interested in life. I'm not gonna smoke for the next year (although I'll post if I fail heh), then I'll smoke like once a month at the most... Anyways, some of us just aren't meant to smoke. I know it seems harmless and fun, and for most people it is, but for me it isn't... and if you're suspecting you're in the same situation, please try to quit. It feels good. Weed fucks me up more'n any other drug.

...80% of your friends will still be your friends after you quit, if you're worried. But you'll feel bright and happy enough not to depend on them anyways.

I've almost gotten fired from my job for stealing shit and trading it for weed. I didn't even do that for cocaine. Weed just seems so socially acceptable and harmless you start thinking it's okay to pull stupid shit and steal shit for it... And maybe it is, but if it's hurting you, even in secret, then it's not okay for you... Maybe it's shameful to admit you can't handle weed, it definitely is for me... but it feels so good to lift that cloud from your brain.

edit; it's been four days actually... luckily i quit smoking, else I wouldn't have noticed that.

to list more problems smoking gave me:

makes me talk out loud to myself (which I haven't done since I was 11)

makes me unable to handle or accept responsibility

makes me less mature than the 16 year olds I work with

makes me sleep for 10-14 hours daily

dismotivates me from even playing video games or even FUCKING MASTURBATING. I was too lazy to jack off. I would just lay around, with music playing if I happened to be near my computer.

I work at burger king. it takes, on average, 12 seconds more per sandwhich if I've smoking within the last 24 hours.

made me only shower every other day ("fuck showering.. that's like 10 more minutes of sleep before work if I skip it!")

made me brush my teeth and shave even less often...

on the plus side, it made me able to tolerate incredibly filthy surroundings. my entire housed smelled BAD... but you know, if you're high... "fuck it"

Last edited:
I was a daily stoner for 5 years than i quit 3 months ago.

I'm more confident, have better posture and am learning how to contact juggle and speak Spanish.

Yay!

But I do miss the herb and especially when i listen to dub and reggae :(
I go on holiday 3 months of the year and i'll make that my 'get high time'.

It is pretty fucking addictive took me 4 months of slowly tapering how much i smoked until it was nil. Now i dont really think about it.

I'm back on the herbs now ;D maybe it's a really bad idea . . . dunno really but it sure as fuck makes me more happy!

I also need time to pass quick . . . just a few more months and I can move somewhere nice :D

Well just remember the 4 months of tapering off. It could be just like that this time when you want to quit, or it could end up being worse.

I'm back to daily-smokin' .. Has its negative effects (definately amotivated @ work + sketched out) but keeps my mind off booze and I manage sound sleep + generally not depressed :)

I've been on-again, off-again for years. Don't see that changing (altho most of my friends don't smoke so its hard to find!)

i've been smoking more since i cut down on the opiates. saves a lot of money and i'm still gettin high.