• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cannabis and Abilify? (Or other antipsychotics)

dirtydiana23

Bluelighter
I was wondering if there is anyone out there who has lost their ability to get stoned due to abilify and how long it took to recover after quitting the medication. And shred of anecdotal info is greatly appreciated and goes a long way.

Unfortunately, there is no direct answer to this question, as everyone's experience with Abilify (aripiprazole) is different, and the length of time it takes to recover after quitting the medication will vary depending on individual circumstances. If you're considering quitting Abilify, it is important to speak to a doctor or healthcare provider to discuss the potential risks and side effects of quitting the medication, and to devise a plan for safely and effectively quitting the medication.

I was on abilify and had no trouble getting stoned off weed. It took ages for it to go out of my system though

Unfortunately, there is no direct answer to this question, as everyone's experience with Abilify (aripiprazole) is different, and the length of time it takes to recover after quitting the medication will vary depending on individual circumstances. If you're considering quitting Abilify, it is important to speak to a doctor or healthcare provider to discuss the potential risks and side effects of quitting the medication, and to devise a plan for safely and effectively quitting the medication.
Have you ever heard of an instance where someone was unable to get stoned permanently due to these type of meds? This is the biggest fear I have looming in my mind.

Have you ever heard of an instance where someone was unable to get stoned permanently due to these type of meds? This is the biggest fear I have looming in my mind.
According to my medical marijuana doctor, mixing marijuana with antipsychotics can increase the effects of the antipsychotics.
That being said, I've been on both for about 4 years now and I still catch a nice buzz from the marijuana.