• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Can you use any kind of alcohol to achieve greater sub ba

Sloppinator

Greenlighter
I have some bourbon whiskey in hand and I'm curious if that works, and if so how muchbetter does that really work other than doing without. I'm trying to do anything to increase bioavailability. And what's really the best way to take suboxone? Intranasal, plugging, or sublingually? And what is the best method for the best way to take? I am trying to achieve a buzz and am finding it difficult, I am prescribed 6mgs a day. If i take more will I ever get that buzz anyways? Thanks in advance guys!

Solutions without stuff like sugars are preferred, or around 40%. It gets kinda intensely hydroscopic at higher concentration of alcohol. But any kind of strong ethanol solution will do, whether it's bitters (30-40% ) or mouthwash (around the same). I found Listerine to be easier to use properly than drinking alcohol though.

Whatever you use, it's helpful to brush your teeth and mouth out before hand. Then rinse with the ethanol solution or mouthwash for a minute, spit it out and immediately put the strip (or crushed pill) under your tongue.
l
Some people soak little cotton balls in high proof ethanol and basically stick those in there, but I found just brushing my teeth and rinsing with Listerine immediately to work just as well if not better.

Toothpaste , you the homie for opening up people to understand the alcohol BA increase through the alcoholic , you're helping people a ton

The little things often go a way long way :)

Frankly I'm just amazed at with all the insane drug use I've engaged in I can somehow remember words like "hydroscopic" 8) the brain is a crazy resilient organ indeed. It is amazing what it is capable of when take cared for properly.

And just for the sake of harm reduction, please avoid using high concentration rubbing alcohol (denatured ethanol) or isopropyl alcohol. You basically want to only use ethanol safe for drinking or using as a mouthwash.

Bourbon will do fine. The key to getting a buzz off suboxone though, is to take less not more. If you take a lot of sub your receptors will become saturated and you wont feel subsequent doses. Instead if you take tiny doses, you will feel a subtle glow from each dose and if you wait extra time between doses and then up the dose a bit you can even catch a buzz.

I never noticed a difference with alcohol...i think it causes soome to be swallowed by just having more liquid around.

best thing was to brush the area under tounge until bleeding a little and then place strip of suboxone right on the bleeding area.

I never noticed a difference with alcohol...i think it causes soome to be swallowed by just having more liquid around.

best thing was to brush the area under tounge until bleeding a little and then place strip of suboxone right on the bleeding area.

Although I'd recommend brushing your teeth and that part of the mouth, it's definitely a better idea not to draw blood. You'd want to avoid actually doing significant damage to the membrane.

You also don't actually drink or consume any alcohol. Mouthwash you obviously spit out, and you'd use any form of drinking alcohol just like the mouthwash (swishing for a minute or two and then spitting it out). The strip or crushed pill is place directly under the tongue after spitting out the ethanol/mouthwash. It will dissolve much more quickly than without using ethanol, and I never had any issues with excess liquid from the rinse/saliva.

I'll give a vote against drinking with any opiates.

I don't like combining alcohol with opioids either (I'd rather just enjoy the opioid). That said, no one is exactly suggesting drinking the alcohol in this method. It's only for washing out the mouth and prime the sublingual membrane for absorbing the buprenorphine.

That's funny, i meant mixing the two separately. They don't flow well and it can get you kind of ill. I do love a hood tinctute though, but that's not an alcohol experience.

When i do drink i love good craft beers. Problem is, a few 8-10% beers and i am done.

I've never found opiates plus alcohol an enjoyable combination either, unless we are talking about very small amounts. To me the effects of opiates and alcohol are so different that they oppose each other.

But I used to take a sip or two of whiskey before shooting heroin. I find a very small amount of alcohol can add to the warm, flushing feeling of heroin. But I mean less one shot's worth. I used to meet my dealer at a liquor store near where I live and sometimes I'd go in and buy a half pint of cheap whiskey with some extra change I had. A half pint would last me a couple of weeks.