• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can you trip from smoking Psychotria Viridis leaves by themselves?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
Hey,

i was wondering if you can trip by smoking the leaves of Psychotria Viridis (chacruna) by themselves since they have DMT in them, without any sort of MAOI and without doing any kind of chemical extraction of the DMT because I don't know how to do that.

Also, is there anything else in the leaves of Psychotria Viridis that would NOT be safe to smoke/ingest on an SSRI like Prozac? Because I take Prozac and Klonopin.

It's for this reason I know I could never take Ayahuasca, or Baanisteropis Caapi, or any kind of MAOI, but I know that smoking PURE DMT should probably be safe for me and I've always wanted to do it.

However, I don't know anything about chemistry and wouldn't know how to extract DMT from the leaves, so I'd want to know how I could get high on them without tampering with them in any complex way or if this is possible.

Also, I read that Psychotria Viridis (Chacruna) is, TECHNICALLY, by itself and without extracting the DMT legal in the U.S., but that once the DMT is extracted it becomes illegal.

Is this true and is it legal to buy this plant online?

Is there any way to use this plant to trip without going through a complex experience or ingesting any MAOIs?

Thanks

Alkaloid extraction really isn't that complicated, legality aside.... I'm pretty sure the percentage of DMT is like 1%, so no it's likely not going to make you "trip" though it could potentially give some low level effects.

Alkaloid extraction really isn't that complicated, legality aside.... I'm pretty sure the percentage of DMT is like 1%, so no it's likely not going to make you "trip" though it could potentially give some low level effects.

For someone like me who can barely even cook simple meals and is HORRIBLE at science, never took chemistry, bad at math, etc...I have a feeling that "not that complicated" for you is probably EXTREMELY complicated for me hahaha...

Well, that's good to know I might get some low level effects at least...not sure if it would be worth buying a plant for that reason though. Is it true that they are legal to purchase?

What exactly do you do to extract the DMT and make a really powerful smokable solution out of it that could be considered "not too complicated"??

IMO...you won't be able to smoke it fast enough to get high...the alkaloid content of Chacruna, according to Wiki, is 0.2-0.66% you'd have better luck with an extraction...if you can make a cup of coffee you can do an extraction.
You don't have to go any further with your extraction than the tea stage anyway...as long as you have an MAOI source.

What exactly do you do to extract the DMT and make a really powerful smokable solution out of it that could be considered "not too complicated"??

google.

You're going to get more effects from hypoxia thanfrom DMT trying to smoke that shit...if it were that easy everybody'd be smoking it, but they're not.

IMO...you won't be able to smoke it fast enough to get high...the alkaloid content of Chacruna, according to Wiki, is 0.2-0.66% you'd have better luck with an extraction...if you can make a cup of coffee you can do an extraction.
You don't have to go any further with your extraction than the tea stage anyway...as long as you have an MAOI source.

I can't take MAOIs because I am on an SSRI, so I would just like a smokeable form of DMT.

However, given my complete ignorance of chemistry and also being terrible at cooking, I am not sure I'd be able to figure out how to make smokable DMT from a plant.

You're going to get more effects from hypoxia thanfrom DMT trying to smoke that shit...if it were that easy everybody'd be smoking it, but they're not.

Ditto. I strongly recommend against this. You won't even get the mildest DMT effects, and even if you do, they'll be light-years away from a breakthrough experience.

Sometimes the hypoxia is enough to convince people they've tripped tho - look at the people who thought smoked bananas got them high.

Sometimes the hypoxia is enough to convince people they've tripped tho - look at the people who thought smoked bananas got them high.

What do you mean thought...?
....one of my most intense trips was from smoking bananas...