• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Can you take LSD 2 consecutive days in a row?

Hey, “heatless” ( and anybody else reading this thread ) I read a bunch of your posts on “rollitup”.

Exactly HOW are you dividing up to 10 micrograms?

You have a mass-spec?

I read further into your posts, that start as though they are your first person experiences, and then those same entries launch into fanciful speculation, framed as authoritive, as to what MIGHT occur to someone.

It’s pretty clear to me now, that you have assembled some references from other people’s experiences, and presented them as YOUR OWN.

Why would you do this, “Mate”?

You muddy the waters with pompous, unfounded information.

“What is HPPD”? -really?

I’ll guarantee you that I was doing 900ug doses before you were even BORN.

Your “ideas” about what happens there, are not yours.

It’s an individualized / extremely personal cascade of revelatory events, that yes, do involve launches to apparently “out-of-body” phenomenon.

What may have put you “out-of-your-mind” to think that people would buy-in to your stories, should be another topic, alrighty?

Your use of the word “Shaman” is somehow sacrosanct, and disingenuous.

As to the “damage” you feel that can be wrought with LSD, the vandalous damage of misinformation, injected by you, however imaginative and well constructed, is potentially more harmful to this discussion of the profile of an experience, and thus projections ONTO that experience of others, which is an experience that NOBODY understands.

Capisce? Grassflopper?

But thanks for HELPING me, by doing so much “Research”!

( Arrogance is the hallmark of ignorance. )

In short, you should shut-the-fuck-up, and go back into the muck you came from.

Cheers, Mate!
Bryan in Seattle

When the Dead use to play 3-6 nights at an arena the plan sometimes was usually 2 hits one day, 4 the next. Or 1-3 That worked well and the second trip is different but deeper in ways. However as time went on I got my festival routine by just using cannabis all nights and dose big on Sat night. So one night and that always made the festival memorable. I have done 2-4-8, three days a few times too.

One thing I learned from repetitive dosing is if a person has their head on straight, doing it too much just gets boring. Staying in that state is good for a time, but I for sure learned to keep it to one day. It has been years since I tripped two days in a row but did it a lot.

I notice this was an old thread that got kicked up. :)

The part where the guys says "I assume this is due to low serotonin levels." makes no sense at all as LSD does not release any monoamines.

Also, purity of LSD will influence the strength of the effects at a given dosage obviously, and probably also the effects themselves will be different due to the impurities.
What the purity will not have influence on though, is tolerance.
Tolerance will develop depending on the user, the dosage and the time between doses, but it will develop at most dosages except maybe in the microdosing range.
Ofcourse on low doses it might be hard or impossible to notice as it would build up slowly.

Repeated stimulation of a given receptor will cause receptor internalisation.

Edit: this post was a response to a now deleted post that demanded what it was that I knew about tolerance.

Last edited:
Gruesome, isn't it?

Well, “gruesome” is a good word.

He’s a kid, who apparently cares more about his sketchy pontifications, than any cogent pursuit of truth.

Not unusual.

In my opinion, it’s important to keep these type of guys in-check.

The advancement of neuroscience, and potentially a “leap forward” in the consciousness of mankind, as a whole, ( at a now critical juncture ) requires fact based discussions by ADULTS that actually care more about humanity, than their own vainglorious musings.

Myself included.

I bloviate with MY OWN ego, out on a branch, frequently.

Namaste, in real time...

Bryan

Nah...
I'm going to stay right here, Mates.
As is your right. But must you really be so patronizing, flippant, aloof, belittling and plain non-sensical? Can you not just maturely express yourself honestly, clearly and authentically, as the majority of decent members here do, out of respect for others ultimately.

Your cryptic flippancy and mockery is showing a total lack of respect for the other members who only make valid and sincere contributions here and whose intention is do both learn and contribute, not waste time and have to think extra hard trying to figure out the (entirely needless and unproductive) confusion created by the disrespectful immature few.

If a LSD high lasts 24h, it was not LSD. LSD trips last 10 hours, even at medium-high doses, like 250ug.
Having some afterglow is different from being high, I mean I can have afteglow for a few days, that is because it can be therapeutic, not because you are actually under the effects.

Yeah I didn't mean you trip for 24 hours but the tolerance lasts for at least 24 hours - Lemmy said if you double the dose it works 2 days in a row but I've never found that at all.

Yeah I didn't mean you trip for 24 hours but the tolerance lasts for at least 24 hours - Lemmy said if you double the dose it works 2 days in a row but I've never found that at all.

So Sorry...

Double dosing off of an at least 250ug initial dose, well within 12 hours of come-down from said 250ug, works in my head.

Dunno what’s true for anybody else though.

( And the same happened for former tripping buddies )

Yeah, it’s diminished, but it’s working.

Bye,
Bryan

I tried using the search bar, and couldn't find anything. My friend dropped acid last night and wants to do it again today with me, and I've heard rumors that you can only take LSD here and there; not everyday, because you won't feel the effects of it if taken 2 days in a row. Is this true or false?

Psychedelic tolerance lasts about 7 days, any more that you use will be a waste of precious drugs and you won't feel as much. I ate a whole sheet once, (6 mg total) and I still didn't feel that much as the day before.

^haha slippery slope...

from what i've seen, the level of effect received during consecutive trips varies from person to person; though it seems that the effect is lessened to a degree across the board.

myself, back in my day of very regular psychedelic experiences i would always be satisfied from the second day of tripping, even if the same dose was taken 2 days in a row. however, i could definitely notice a lessening of the intensity.

the way i remember describing it to people years ago, was that when you trip regularly and become used to the psychedelics mind state, it seems that your conscious self quickly gains the ability to coordinate 'itself' within the mindset. the effect of this is, from my experience is the consequent 'bringing of the self into the experience', which in effect holds back the ego annihilation part of the experience....lol, does that make any sense, it's rather hard to put into words. largely the difference of the feeling is a sense of groundedness, or 'not being blown awayness' during the experience.....

now all of that being said, i think the difference in one's experience of multiple days in a row of tripping is partially determined by the ego's own limitations..whereas normally tripping this is the last thing holding you back. myself, practicing much meditation and consciousness exploration without the use of psychedelics;i was always still quite satisfied with the experiences. i just noticed it felt less alien, or weird....almost begining to seem 'normal' to be tripping, though i would no doubt be tripping still....

the ultimate deterent of such practices from my experience is the crossing over effect...lol, quite intimidating...which is: When you start feeling 'normal' while tripping, it's easy to feel 'trippy' while sober. some may feel that is a desirable effect, to each their own...HPPD or HPPO (hallucinogenic perceptual order: order brought about through the persistent perceptual after-effects of hallucinogenics) :D i used to argue i had the latter....

i don't trip so much anymore, a few times a year and generally in a more ceremonial context...certainly with absolute intentions and respect, my years of nonchalant psychedelic adventuring are past. and so it rarely comes up to consider a second day of tripping after a first...however i don't disclude the possibility.

i've had very spiritually transformative experiences eating psychedelics multiple days in a row, so i regret none of what i've gone through, and i'm open the possibility of a weeklong perceptual workout lol....but moderation, disciplined self-preparation, and solid intention are the right ingredients for positive and evolutionarily-beneficial experiences.... :D

sorry for the lengthiness, didn't mean to make it too personal, but i feel the subjective nature of one's own recollective experience is the best stone to throw when it comes to moving towards objective truth.
Great post. You still out there? I’ve been away for awhile. 🌹

I used to think the second day was a waste of acid but lately ive been upping the dose on the second day and its not as good as day 1 but - fuck - you are on LSD so its a good day right?

^haha slippery slope...

from what i've seen, the level of effect received during consecutive trips varies from person to person; though it seems that the effect is lessened to a degree across the board.

myself, back in my day of very regular psychedelic experiences i would always be satisfied from the second day of tripping, even if the same dose was taken 2 days in a row. however, i could definitely notice a lessening of the intensity.

the way i remember describing it to people years ago, was that when you trip regularly and become used to the psychedelics mind state, it seems that your conscious self quickly gains the ability to coordinate 'itself' within the mindset. the effect of this is, from my experience is the consequent 'bringing of the self into the experience', which in effect holds back the ego annihilation part of the experience....lol, does that make any sense, it's rather hard to put into words. largely the difference of the feeling is a sense of groundedness, or 'not being blown awayness' during the experience.....

now all of that being said, i think the difference in one's experience of multiple days in a row of tripping is partially determined by the ego's own limitations..whereas normally tripping this is the last thing holding you back. myself, practicing much meditation and consciousness exploration without the use of psychedelics;i was always still quite satisfied with the experiences. i just noticed it felt less alien, or weird....almost begining to seem 'normal' to be tripping, though i would no doubt be tripping still....

the ultimate deterent of such practices from my experience is the crossing over effect...lol, quite intimidating...which is: When you start feeling 'normal' while tripping, it's easy to feel 'trippy' while sober. some may feel that is a desirable effect, to each their own...HPPD or HPPO (hallucinogenic perceptual order: order brought about through the persistent perceptual after-effects of hallucinogenics) :D i used to argue i had the latter....

i don't trip so much anymore, a few times a year and generally in a more ceremonial context...certainly with absolute intentions and respect, my years of nonchalant psychedelic adventuring are past. and so it rarely comes up to consider a second day of tripping after a first...however i don't disclude the possibility.

i've had very spiritually transformative experiences eating psychedelics multiple days in a row, so i regret none of what i've gone through, and i'm open the possibility of a weeklong perceptual workout lol....but moderation, disciplined self-preparation, and solid intention are the right ingredients for positive and evolutionarily-beneficial experiences.... :D

sorry for the lengthiness, didn't mean to make it too personal, but i feel the subjective nature of one's own recollective experience is the best stone to throw when it comes to moving towards objective truth.
That makes sense and I never thought about it. Even after a few months, my second trip didn't knock my socks off the way my first trip did. What you said about the lack of ego death is a great way to put it.

Absolutely looking forward to my next one.
It's been 5 years now, and 5 years ago it'd been 4 years, and that trip was amazing,
like tripping for the first time again, almost.

I always found that LSD's effects just diminish too much. It's something you shouldn't do often.
Mescaline on the other hand was always fucking powerful no matter how much and how often,
I'd be interested in why there's such a difference in DR

Absolutely looking forward to my next one.
It's been 5 years now, and 5 years ago it'd been 4 years, and that trip was amazing,
like tripping for the first time again, almost.

I always found that LSD's effects just diminish too much. It's something you shouldn't do often.
Mescaline on the other hand was always fucking powerful no matter how much and how often,
I'd be interested in why there's such a difference in DR
Here’s a consideration from a prolly 1000 time tripper, give or take 3.

The lasting effects from excessive use has a price.

The price is very individualized.

I’m not turning “anti-Acid” here, exactly, but on-balance, some of the common “waking construct” re-integration dissonance effect is a challenge / hazard.

Cue: Eight Miles High. Byrds.

Knowing deep water, repeatedly, leaves you always “in the swim”.

Does that make sense?

Are the 5-HT2a receptors “stretched” a bit with rather constant lock-in’s of this unique key? Net effect? -Yet unknown, really..

I ain’t no noggin’ juice expert here, I’m a guy that remains in-awe, and open to the possibility that maybe, just MAYBE, there’s an unknown cost at the gate.

Enter: Robert Hunter. When he snorted a “reported” 1/4 gram of pure crystal, prolly Needlepoint...( am I remembering the story right? ) And marked his Acid career “closed” after that...

Paraphrasing here: “Who wants to go onto a tanning-bed, after crawling through the desert for an eternity?” ( -sumpthin’ like that.)

Yeah, I’ve stacked doses for days on-end, in my 20’s. I’m now 65.

Double-up, was usually my game.

I’m not saying it wasn’t wonderful.

And, I was giving Acid away to anyone that would take it. Preferably ( and sometimes conditionally ) on-the-spot, you take the dose now, however much you want.

“You can have as much as you want, but if you get into this vehicle, you have to take it now!”

12 of us, then a final 5, driving all over hell and back, tripped to the hilt, for days and days on end.

Sometimes a little respite, but it ended with one of the guys, Chris Wogan ( where ARE you now, Chris?! ) totally going into astral land, convinced that he was now “Jesus”... hey, maybe he was, for a minute. But as I was driving at a fairly high speed through downtown San Francisco, and he alerted me that a light was red up ahead... I stared into his eyes, accelerated, and calmly said: “Change it.” ( as we blasted through the intersection ). Well, Jesus then demanded to be let out of the car. I think I dropped him at a 7-11. If he turned a Slurpy into a fine Bordeaux, at that point, is none of my business.

Jesus had apparently stolen roughly a hundred hits, and $1700, just prior to his Epiphany. -Incidentally.

It’s the price of dealing with a rogue Lord, i suppose. But nonetheless, my faith had been shaken.

Acid in the wrong heads, just amplifies the crazy.

It’s trite, by now... but questions persist.

It ain’t necessarily no “Saint Maker”, but the places I’ve been to with it leave a permanent ( relative term ) spiritual impact. Manufactured by a mind under duress? I still have to consider that possibility. “The Truth”, while under its heavy influence, is blindingly “Obvious”... the reintegration of that Truth, holistically, into normal waking state Western “civilization” remains daunting. The freaky residuals, and very personalized psychic phenomenon, like reading peoples minds ( sometimes ) and yes, being able to predict traffic in a busy intersection, by submitting to Faith or “Truth”... leaves a WTF?! is this stuff ? As a humming of a bell yet un-rung.

Make sense?

Strange “ coincidences” persist. Particularly, related to The Grateful Dead.

Sometimes I want it to just shut-off.

You can’t un-hear it.
What you do with it, or how it effects your lasting abilities, is a big unknown.

Caution and Reverance, is all I’m saying.

This is not a toy.

Crawl-out of your own desert of a thousand scorching Suns sometime, and stare into that mirror to pull yourself back from The Void, and maybe, just maybe, you’ll wonder: “Is this REALLY good for me?”

No judgement, for you guys, just a consideration that I have been having.

Oh, and does stacking doses work?

Is Bob a robot?

Does Carl find his cat at the end?

When that spaceship stops to check you out, while you are high-as-fuck, did it really know you were dosed? It sure scared me, for a minute. Then ZIP! It shot in a streak, into infinity.

If you can’t answer these questions,
maybe doing extreme doses just ain’t for you.

Or, am I staring into that psych ward mirror again?

Capisce?

With Love 🌹
Bryan in Seattle

Here’s a consideration from a prolly 1000 time tripper, give or take 3.

The lasting effects from excessive use has a price.

The price is very individualized.

I’m not turning “anti-Acid” here, exactly, but on-balance, some of the common “waking construct” re-integration dissonance effect is a challenge / hazard.

Cue: Eight Miles High. Byrds.

Knowing deep water, repeatedly, leaves you always “in the swim”.

Does that make sense?

Are the 5-HT2a receptors “stretched” a bit with rather constant lock-in’s of this unique key? Net effect? -Yet unknown, really..

I ain’t no noggin’ juice expert here, I’m a guy that remains in-awe, and open to the possibility that maybe, just MAYBE, there’s an unknown cost at the gate.

Enter: Robert Hunter. When he snorted a “reported” 1/4 gram of pure crystal, prolly Needlepoint...( am I remembering the story right? ) And marked his Acid career “closed” after that...

Paraphrasing here: “Who wants to go onto a tanning-bed, after crawling through the desert for an eternity?” ( -sumpthin’ like that.)

Yeah, I’ve stacked doses for days on-end, in my 20’s. I’m now 65.

Double-up, was usually my game.

I’m not saying it wasn’t wonderful.

And, I was giving Acid away to anyone that would take it. Preferably ( and sometimes conditionally ) on-the-spot, you take the dose now, however much you want.

“You can have as much as you want, but if you get into this vehicle, you have to take it now!”

12 of us, then a final 5, driving all over hell and back, tripped to the hilt, for days and days on end.

Sometimes a little respite, but it ended with one of the guys, Chris Wogan ( where ARE you now, Chris?! ) totally going into astral land, convinced that he was now “Jesus”... hey, maybe he was, for a minute. But as I was driving at a fairly high speed through downtown San Francisco, and he alerted me that a light was red up ahead... I stared into his eyes, accelerated, and calmly said: “Change it.” ( as we blasted through the intersection ). Well, Jesus then demanded to be let out of the car. I think I dropped him at a 7-11. If he turned a Slurpy into a fine Bordeaux, at that point, is none of my business.

Jesus had apparently stolen roughly a hundred hits, and $1700, just prior to his Epiphany. -Incidentally.

It’s the price of dealing with a rogue Lord, i suppose. But nonetheless, my faith had been shaken.

Acid in the wrong heads, just amplifies the crazy.

It’s trite, by now... but questions persist.

It ain’t necessarily no “Saint Maker”, but the places I’ve been to with it leave a permanent ( relative term ) spiritual impact. Manufactured by a mind under duress? I still have to consider that possibility. “The Truth”, while under its heavy influence, is blindingly “Obvious”... the reintegration of that Truth, holistically, into normal waking state Western “civilization” remains daunting. The freaky residuals, and very personalized psychic phenomenon, like reading peoples minds ( sometimes ) and yes, being able to predict traffic in a busy intersection, by submitting to Faith or “Truth”... leaves a WTF?! is this stuff ? As a humming of a bell yet un-rung.

Make sense?

Strange “ coincidences” persist. Particularly, related to The Grateful Dead.

Sometimes I want it to just shut-off.

You can’t un-hear it.
What you do with it, or how it effects your lasting abilities, is a big unknown.

Caution and Reverance, is all I’m saying.

This is not a toy.

Crawl-out of your own desert of a thousand scorching Suns sometime, and stare into that mirror to pull yourself back from The Void, and maybe, just maybe, you’ll wonder: “Is this REALLY good for me?”

No judgement, for you guys, just a consideration that I have been having.

Oh, and does stacking doses work?

Is Bob a robot?

Does Carl find his cat at the end?

When that spaceship stops to check you out, while you are high-as-fuck, did it really know you were dosed? It sure scared me, for a minute. Then ZIP! It shot in a streak, into infinity.

If you can’t answer these questions,
maybe doing extreme doses just ain’t for you.

Or, am I staring into that psych ward mirror again?

Capisce?

With Love 🌹
Bryan in Seattle
Hey I appreciate the effort, but I understand none of this.
I've been clean for 9 years, with the exception of these 2 acid trips.

Hey I appreciate the effort, but I understand none of this.
I've been clean for 9 years, with the exception of these 2 acid trips.
Hi December Flower.

Good for you on the sobriety.

If you truly “understand none of this”, I would encourage extending your sobriety, and maybe look up the word “none”. I believe it’s an absolute, as in ZERO comprehension. Language is important to me, and I truly wish that you may find an appreciation for it.

🕉 🥩 Namasteak, Charbroil.

-b.