• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can you take fent/carfent on Suboxone and methadone?

the_void

Bluelighter
As the title says can you take fentanyl on suboxone and GET HIGH ? How about methadone?

How about carfentanil this time?

For the record I am on neither, just curious

When I was doing heroin , I found a lot of people on methadone or suboxone flipped their heroin addiction for a serious stimulant addiction - which isn’t any better IMO

Thanks!

From what I understand you can use opiates on top of methadone and get high a lot easier than buprenorphine. I have tried heroin on bupe, and it blunts the effects to a point that's not worth it.

Just be careful not to accidentally take too much of any opiate to try and break through the ceiling, you can still OD even if you don't 'feel' that high.

Not sure about the fents but I assume it's the same rule of thumb as heroin.

Idk but just because you can probably doesn't mean you should you're, should be doing your methadone properly as it was prescribed I'm not even gonna ask why your taking suboxone with methadone but no way would I ever mess with something that has the ability to put me in precipitated withdrawals never mind combining it with other strong opiates that's just asking for trouble

If your trolling though I give you 8/10 for making me frown

Idk but just because you can probably doesn't mean you should you're, should be doing your methadone properly as it was prescribed I'm not even gonna ask why your taking suboxone with methadone but no way would I ever mess with something that has the ability to put me in precipitated withdrawals never mind combining it with other strong opiates that's just asking for trouble

If your trolling though I give you 8/10 for making me frown

Uhh dude I clearly said I am on neither Suboxone or methadone . I just want to know .

I tried heroin on methadone a long time ago , I remember feeling nothing . Suboxone I never remember taking opiates

Why trolling ?

From what I understand you can use opiates on top of methadone and get high a lot easier than buprenorphine. I have tried heroin on bupe, and it blunts the effects to a point that's not worth it.
Heroin is not fentanyl, fentanyl behaves much differently, it will break through bupe easily every time unless we are talking tiny doses. But you will be facing precip withdrawal when you get back to sub if you stay on fent too long ( under 48 hours is usually OK)

Uhh dude I clearly said I am on neither Suboxone or methadone . I just want to know .

I tried heroin on methadone a long time ago , I remember feeling nothing . Suboxone I never remember taking opiates

Why trolling ?
my friend I am so sorry :( I just skim read your post and being on methadone myself I just wanted to give you some advice but I completely miss read it I'm really glad your not taking them as for your question now I have read it properly I would say it's probably something someone would need to try themselves because one person on here might say he's because they can get high off it while on the subs but then someone else might say no because they can't get high basically both their bodies process the drugs different, there for, it is probably impossible to say for one hundred percent certainty if it will effect you or not but it you or a friend does try it as I said before these drugs can be life savers but also life killers as I'm sure you probably know so I'm not tryna sound patronising but those are some strong drugs your talking about so whatever you decide to do or not do just take it slow wait a long while before taking the next part of the dose ideally anytime after what you have already taken has peaked theirs a reason your not supposed to do stuff like this without a doctor to administer the drugs. Stay safe bro and remember it's ALWAYS best to be safe than sorry

Heroin is not fentanyl, fentanyl behaves much differently, it will break through bupe easily every time unless we are talking tiny doses. But you will be facing precip withdrawal when you get back to sub if you stay on fent too long ( under 48 hours is usually OK)
Heroin might not be fentanyl, but these days they go hand in hand. Street "Heroin" could mean anything from raw heroin to mostly fentanyl cut dope.

True that, but the fact that it didnt work tells me it was probably real, or only a small amount of fent in there. Fent will break through sub very reliably in my experience....

True that, but the fact that it didnt work tells me it was probably real, or only a small amount of fent in there. Fent will break through sub very reliably in my experience....

Naloxone reverses fentanyl overdoses though ?

I don’t even understand why the naloxone is in Suboxone when they have buprenorphine (Buprenorphine is a partial agonist therefore blocking full agonists like heroin)

If the binding affinity is high enough ( like carfentanil ) does it overpower the buprenorphine or something ?

Edit: it’s been 8 years since I looked at this stuff perhaps I need a refresher

Naloxone reverses fentanyl overdoses though ?

I don’t even understand why the naloxone is in Suboxone when they have bupe. Bupe It’s a partial agonist therefore blocking full agonists like heroin

If the binding affinity is high enough ( like carfentanil ) does it overpower the bupe or something ?
This wouldnt be a problem unless you were injecting it. naloxone 1) doesnt absorb through sublingual or oral administration and 2) bupe has a higher binding affinity than narcan so in most cases it doesnt have an effect even with IV use.... but in this case it MIGHT.

It is absolutely pointless for narcan to be in suboxone and I asked my doc about that and he agreed stating its ' probably there for patent reasons'

Last edited:
This wouldnt be a problem unless you were injecting it. naloxone 1) doesnt absorb through sublingual or oral administration and 2) has bupe has a higher binding affinity than narcan so in most cases it doesnt have an effect even with IV use.... but in this case it MIGHT.

It is absolutely pointless for narcan to be in suboxone and I asked my doc about that and he agreed stating its ' probably there for patent reasons'

I see, low oral / sublingual bioavailability of naloxone makes sense.

Yeah its kind or mystery why that happens, at one point I assumed that since fent cuts through bupe than bupe wouldnt cause precip withdrawal with it, since it wouldnt be able to get in until the fent leaves naturally... but I was wrong and paid a heavy price for that blunder. These things arent always an exact science...

Yeah its kind or mystery why that happens, at one point I assumed that since fent cuts through bupe than bupe wouldnt cause precip withdrawal with it, since it wouldnt be able to get in until the fent leaves naturally... but I was wrong and paid a heavy price for that blunder. These things arent always an exact science...

Naloxone there for patent reasons true , but don’t you think it’s also there to discourage IV use in patients ? Almost 100 percent of junkies know naloxone , while the concept of a “partial agonist “ would fly over their heads , (even if the doctor tried to explain it to them all day)

Yes I think its also in there to scare junkies away from injecting but if they actually did inject they would still get the effects of bupe... and if they were still using heroin at the time the bupe is what would the precip withdrawal.

Yes I think its also in there to scare junkies away from injecting but if they actually did inject they would still get the effects of bupe... and if they were still using heroin at the time the bupe is what would the precip withdrawal.

The whole situation of ubiquitous fent-heroin is so fucked. At this point, even an experienced “heroin” user can die if they inject , and heroin is a drug traditionally tied with injection. I’m so glad I got off heroin when I did

Drug policy and its byproducts - its the gift that keeps on giving

Yes definitely fent is a byproduct of the war on drugs without a doubt, and I dont think it will be easy to reverse. Its been a staple of the drug supply for 10 years at least and so many people are addicted, how do you turn that around? Most fent users have a tolerance so high that even real heroin doesnt sate it anymore.

Also the online markets, silk road was the best most reliable and most moral drug marketplace and ever since they shut it down its been crappy short lived markets that have no problem selling guns and poison along with the drugs... the war on drugs makes everything worse.

Sorry for the ramble I'm getting a little high ;)

Yes definitely fent is a byproduct of the war on drugs without a doubt, and I dont think it will be easy to reverse. Its been a staple of the drug supply for 10 years at least and so many people are addicted, how do you turn that around? Most fent users have a tolerance so high that even real heroin doesnt sate it anymore.

Also the online markets, silk road was the best most reliable and most moral drug marketplace and ever since they shut it down its been crappy short lived markets that have no problem selling guns and poison along with the drugs... the war on drugs makes everything worse.

At this point - Prescription fentanyl , where the doses can be be controlled is my suggestion (not gonna happen)

Someone in another thread was like “fentanyl can’t be done safely”. Certainly it can , it is/was used safely in medicine for years

1. Slowly build a serious tolerance by slowly increasing doses of a weaker opioid like oxycodone
2. Use med grade fentanyl, so doses can be controlled
3. Take orally
4: don’t combine with other sedatives
5. Have naloxone nearby
6. (Overkill at this point) have a sober friend nearby

Oh yeah for sure fentanyl is totally safe for medical use, its not any more dangerous than any other opioid on the order of its effect. What makes it so dangerous its high potency, medical professionals can easily dose out the required amount, but thats a lot harder on the street.

I'm a bit of an exception to the rule but fentanyl is my problem drug, I actually prefer it to heroin... though I know if we only had heroin on the street that would be better for society as a whole.