• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Can you make liquid suspension to taper off ativan?

duppydoo

Greenlighter
Hi, my long standing psych nurse left the practice and this new one I got is adamantly against controlled substances. I've been wanting to get off ativan for a while anyway since LDN seems to be helping me with sleep, which is what I take ativan for ( 0.5mg @Night for PTSD nightmares ) . I am terrified this new lady is going to abruptly stop my script and I will withdraw unsafely. She basically threatened me with it during my first visit with her, for no reason, as I have no history of SA. Anyway, is it possible to crush it up and mix with water in a vile that I could use a dropper to gradually decrease the dose? I don't understand the "0.8mg water soluability" listed here.

If this would work, how slowly should I taper it down to nothing? It's my understanding 0.5mg is a very low dose anyway. The pills are so small and thin it doesn't seem practical to cut them in halves and quarters etc. My motor coordination isn't the best either..

Not water. Propylene glycol would be ideal and is what is used to make lorazepam solutions for injection. it's easy to buy (food-grade), and cheap. Alcohol works, but not as well. Vodka is probably not good enough, you'd want something substantially stronger. The larger the volume of the solution, the better in that case. With PG it wouldn't be a concern.

Not water. Propylene glycol would be ideal and is what is used to make lorazepam solutions for injection. it's easy to buy (food-grade), and cheap. Alcohol works, but not as well. Vodka is probably not good enough, you'd want something substantially stronger. The larger the volume of the solution, the better in that case. With PG it wouldn't be a concern.
Why not water? Will it not dissolve all the way? I don't want to inject it. Just ingest it. I'm leery of PG as I have MCAS and seem to be irritated by it in vapes. When you say "larger the volume the better" what do you mean? I should use a higher ratio of solution to powder? Like 1:5 instead of 1:1?

Why not water? Will it not dissolve all the way? I don't want to inject it. Just ingest it. I'm leery of PG as I have MCAS and seem to be irritated by it in vapes. When you say "larger the volume the better" what do you mean? I should use a higher ratio of solution to powder? Like 1:5 instead of 1:1?
It doesn't dissolve in water. PG is absolutely safe to ingest orally. Vaping is a different sort of problems. By larger volume I mean more solvent. Like at the very least 1mL per mg of drug. More probably, maybe per 0.25mg. This is good for it to evenly dissolve as well as as making it more convenient to dose.

It doesn't dissolve in water. PG is absolutely safe to ingest orally. Vaping is a different sort of problems. By larger volume I mean more solvent. Like at the very least 1mL per mg of drug. More probably, maybe per 0.25mg. This is good for it to evenly dissolve as well as as making it more convenient to dose.
Ohh ok, thanks so much!