• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can you dissolve benzo pills in propylene glycol?

psychnauticmage

Bluelighter
Hey guys I'm new to BlueLight so please excuse me if this is in the wrong place, I wasn't sure where to put it.

I have a 3mg Bromazolam bar/pill that I am trying to dissolve in 2mg of PG (as a test run). I crushed up the bar/pill and put it in a small glass vial with the propylene glycol. Then I put that container in a boiling water bath, stirring every 5 to 20 minutes. It's been about 6 hours and much of the bar/pill seems to have dissolved but there are still bits left over. And if I let it sit without shaking it a layer of powder falls to the bottom of the vial.

Is the layer at the bottom filler or Bromazolam?

And what went wrong? Did I not crush the pill enough? Or does it just take longer to dissolve?

Any help would be appreciated. If you've had success with Bromazolam in PG, how long did it take you to dissolve everything? And was there anything left over at the end that was undissolved?

If you "cooked" it long enough the brom should be solved and what you see are the binders and additives.
Next time try 190 proof ethanol as brom disloves very quickly in that with little to no heating.
Also 90% or more ISO alcohol works great but ya have to drop product on crackers, paper (blotter) or the like and when alcohol is evapped ya good to go.
My only experience with bromazolam is powder so YMMV.
Peace and be safe, please.
<3
Also iirc getting 3mg in 2ml PG solution is gonna be tough.

If you "cooked" it long enough the brom should be solved and what you see are the binders and additives.
Next time try 190 proof ethanol as brom disloves very quickly in that with little to no heating.
Also 90% or more ISO alcohol works great but ya have to drop product on crackers, paper (blotter) or the like and when alcohol is evapped ya good to go.
My only experience with bromazolam is powder so YMMV.
Peace and be safe, please.
<3
Also iirc getting 3mg in 2ml PG solution is gonna be tough.

I see. I hope it is just the binders that are left over, I will try part of the solution and see if it works. I've had it cooking in the oven overnight too at like 60c.

I have 99% isopropyl alcohol so I may try that. The province of Canada that I live in (British Columbia) does not sell 190 proof alcohol. Closest you can get is 151 proof, would that work?

Thank you for responding and for advice. I always stay safe. I hope you do too

3mg is a small amount, most of the pill will be binder and filler. I would expect a lot will be leftover and remain undissolved.
I have more Bromazolam I just wanted to make sure I 100% had a way to get it dissolved before I crushed up the rest of the pills.

Yes it is.
Why not just pop it in half or quarters and eat it with a cup of whole milk or other fatty food?

I've done that but the point of volumetric dosing is to avoid hotspots and dose more precisely. There pills are from the black market so they may not be completely uniform. I do not know for certain that if I split a pill in half, that each half contains half the dose.

I've done that but the point of volumetric dosing is to avoid hotspots and dose more precisely
The problem here as I see it is the binder/junk used to press the pills. No telling what they are and what will dissolve them.
All I could reccomend is crushing all the pills and using alcohol to solve what ya have and use it to dose volumetrically. :shrug:
Why not just get pure bromazolam powder it is so much easier and carries the same risks of importing?

The problem here as I see it is the binder/junk used to press the pills. No telling what they are and what will dissolve them.
All I could reccomend is crushing all the pills and using alcohol to solve what ya have and use it to dose volumetrically. :shrug:
Why not just get pure bromazolam powder it is so much easier and carries the same risks of importing?
Yes that makes sense about the binders. I will try my 2ml PG/binder/bromaz solution today and report back to let you know if it worked.

My plug is local, they ship all over Canada though. They're awesome, I get the shipment within a day, no importation required. They do not offer Bromazolam powder, only pills of Bromazolam and Flualprazolam.

Yep. Will do nicely. ;)

Sweet! I will try that today. Thank you!

Also edit: How long did it take you to dissolve your Bromazolam in Alcohol? And how did you do it? Water baths?

Last edited:
How long did it take you to dissolve your Bromazolam in Alcohol?
I use 50ml 94 proof spiced rum and pop it in the microwave for a few seconds (maybe 5) just to warm it fairly well. Then dump 50mg bromazolam innit. Shake well. Heat in microwave another 3 seconds and bam it is solved. :)
I always shake the bottle well before dosing anyway.
As long as I keep the bottle sealed after solving it stays solved... it seems that over time opening for dosing may absorb water from air and after about a month the brom seems to "crash" a little, though.
Just my experience.
With the 94% ISO alcohol there is no heat needed just a little shaky shaky.

I use 50ml 94 proof spiced rum and pop it in the microwave for a few seconds (maybe 5) just to warm it fairly well. Then dump 50mg bromazolam innit. Shake well. Heat in microwave another 3 seconds and bam it is solved. :)
I always shake the bottle well before dosing anyway.
As long as I keep the bottle sealed after solving it stays solved... it seems that over time opening for dosing may absorb water from air and after about a month the brom seems to "crash" a little, though.
Just my experience.
With the 94% ISO alcohol there is no heat needed just a little shaky shaky.

I see. It sounds so easy with the powder. Thank you for sharing your experience with this. Much appreciated.

Unfortunately the 151 proof alcohol solution yielded similar results. Most of the powder dissolved with a layer forming on the bottom when left undisturbed. It did dissolve faster than in the PG though.

I assume that the Bromazolam has been dissolved in it but I will only know after I test it.

I will allow the layer at the bottom to form then test the solution above it. Then at the end I will eat the powder at the bottom and see if that has any effect.

Hey guys I'm new to BlueLight so please excuse me if this is in the wrong place, I wasn't sure where to put it.

I have a 3mg Bromazolam bar/pill that I am trying to dissolve in 2mg of PG (as a test run). I crushed up the bar/pill and put it in a small glass vial with the propylene glycol. Then I put that container in a boiling water bath, stirring every 5 to 20 minutes. It's been about 6 hours and much of the bar/pill seems to have dissolved but there are still bits left over. And if I let it sit without shaking it a layer of powder falls to the bottom of the vial.

Is the layer at the bottom filler or Bromazolam?

And what went wrong? Did I not crush the pill enough? Or does it just take longer to dissolve?

Any help would be appreciated. If you've had success with Bromazolam in PG, how long did it take you to dissolve everything? And was there anything left over at the end that was undissolved?
I haven't had experience with dissolving pills, but have with powders. Since they are pressed, a lot is binder and filler: so I feel anything that isn't the Bromazolam would not dissolve and form a layer like you said it did. If you want to volumetrically dose or make solutions, I suggest just getting some powder next time and dissolving it in PG or something like Everclear. Sometimes bromazolam powder can be more stubborn when dissolving in PG, but can be faster in ethanol (Everclear) in my personal experience making solutions. It also is very helpful to use a magnetic stirrer, it saves a lot of time and stress on the wrist if you were to shake.
But yeah, trying to crush and dissolve the pill would leave a lot of filler that goes undissolved.

The majority of the contents of the pill is going to be fillers and or binders, and those are probably not going to dissolve. The bromazolam should definitely be dissolved, though.

I haven't had experience with dissolving pills, but have with powders. Since they are pressed, a lot is binder and filler: so I feel anything that isn't the Bromazolam would not dissolve and form a layer like you said it did. If you want to volumetrically dose or make solutions, I suggest just getting some powder next time and dissolving it in PG or something like Everclear. Sometimes bromazolam powder can be more stubborn when dissolving in PG, but can be faster in ethanol (Everclear) in my personal experience making solutions. It also is very helpful to use a magnetic stirrer, it saves a lot of time and stress on the wrist if you were to shake.
But yeah, trying to crush and dissolve the pill would leave a lot of filler that goes undissolved.

I see. Thank you for sharing your experience.

The majority of the contents of the pill is going to be fillers and or binders, and those are probably not going to dissolve. The bromazolam should definitely be dissolved, though.

That makes sense. I do believe most of it has dissolved.

I tried the Bromazolam solution today and it seems to work. Not sure if it's at full potency but I definitely feel a bit of anxiolysis

How much (about) "leftovers" is/was left? say a gram maybe?
Not sure, I didn't weigh it. Maybe a 1/2 inch layer. It was sizable in proportion to the 2ml, the powder took up maybe 1/4th of the size of the liquid.

people usually (myself included) shake our mixtures before consuming. habit? not sure....
Good call. It's hard to shake with propylene glycol because it moves so slow but it was easier to do with the everclear. I may try that next time.

However next time I will be using Flualprazolam instead. I'll be trying to dissolve 0.5mg/ml which will hopefully be easier. I consider that to be equal to 1mg clonazepam which is what I'm going for.

My thinking is that:

Bromazolam is 1.5x weaker than clonazepam
Flualprazolam is 2.4x stronger than clonazepam

I'm comparing it to clonazepam b/c that's the benzo I'm most familiar with. Typically take 0.25 - 0.75mg clonazepam for anxiety pro re nata