• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Can I use Benzos on the weekends to relax and intoxicate?

My goal is to relax during weekends (which are friday night, saturday night) so two days. I have difficulty unwinding and relaxing (like watching a movie or something like that), and I found depressant drugs help me do exactly that - they take away the anxiety and help me unwind (making me think about stuff in a “calm” way or not think about them at all). I don’t drink alcohol and don’t have a plan to touch them, so I’m looking for another depressant I can do during weekends. I’ll try weed, strains with low THC or no THC (because THC gives me hangovers for a day or two). Effects of regular THC use in developing brain is also my concern when it comes to weed. I had tried weed many times in the past but discontinued them due to these concerns.
Two days is worrisome. More worrisome is you not seeming to completely absorb the danger. (sorry if I put that poorly) You would have to be like someone chippying heroin or something. (You really like the high but realize that it can be a trap and are constantly mindful of falling into it)

I had a Valium addiction years ago. I was kinda saved by the fact that I did not do them all day. Did them every night to get wasted but didn't do them at work or anything ever. I think that does help. I was moreso saved by the fact that I got religion when I quit and was quitting all downers including (mostly) alcohol. Anyway, at least 50mg a day with 100mg being common along with the booze. It took me a year to be less twitchy with some twitchiness being permanent, just like everybody is saying.

Try a heavy Indica as an edible. What everybody is telling you is that a benzo will also give you a hangover for a day or two at the least, but that the hangover (while feeling more subtle) goes to you very roots physically and chemically. It feels less than a pot hangover in a way, but goes to the roots of your soul.

Thank you all for the input, I value it a lot.

Currently, my main use of benzos (only alprazolam) is to cope episodic high stress situation. Sometimes (these days happen once a month or two), I get very stressed out about something going in my life (be it something in collage, personal problems, etc.), and I feel impending doom, as if I’m about get a seizure or panic attack (I have ADHD and take Vyvanse but my ADHD definitely contributes to this feeling of “overwhelming” and episodic high stress), and that’s when I immediately take 0.5mg alprazolam (which btw, I keep a few in my purse and a pack always on my table). I take it I feel relief and then I think through the stressor in a more calm way and I will figure out some way. Next day I’ll be okay. Do you think this is okay way to take immediate action benzo (alprazolam) in situations of high stress? Or, do you recommend some other more safer medication? I saw someone recommend Hydroxyzine. Is the efficacy of this drug similar to alprazolam especially for my situation? I need something that's fast-acting acting like alprazolam.