• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can I use alcohol to get through pregabalin/Lyrica withdrawal

I can’t take one more day of being so numb to everything what’s the point of living numb? I just wanna feel the pain again then I’ll at least know this is all real. I flushed it all last night I smashed my phone no more dealer fuck him im done I just wanna be me again where are my parents I need them and they’re not here and I really fucking need them now more than I ever have I’m so lost I’m only 22 I mean I’ve been fighting and surviving by myself for a long time but this is too much I don’t know the right thing to do anymore

I would like to just chime in quickly and say firstly welcome to Bluelight @CarolinaStrong <3 I would DEFINITELY recommend some kind of inpatient medically-supervised detox for this. Is that going to be feasible at all??

If it's not feasible, you will absolutely need to taper off. The gabapentin will help, sure. But you absolutely should not go off this amount of pregabalin cold turkey. The risk of seizure is very real, not to mention how awful you'll feel from withdrawals. Would you feel comfortable talking to your doctor about this??

I really don’t wanna go back to rehab. All the rehabs in my area are twelve steps and to be preached at I’m gonna die if i use and I need to go to meetings everyday and this and that it’s too much for me. I quit benzos and never went to a single meeting when I left and that was like 2 years ago I’ve never touched a Xanax since.

They told me it couldn’t be done, it was impossible, if I was a real addict I’d use my drug of choice and die. Well I never did. I’m very resentful at that mindset

I really don’t wanna go back to rehab. All the rehabs in my area are twelve steps and to be preached at I’m gonna die if i use and I need to go to meetings everyday and this and that it’s too much for me. I quit benzos and never went to a single meeting when I left and that was like 2 years ago I’ve never touched a Xanax since.

They told me it couldn’t be done, it was impossible, if I was a real addict I’d use my drug of choice and die. Well I never did. I’m very resentful at that mindset
Everyone has their own path to sobriety.

12 steps isn't the only way

But you do need a plan. What kind of support do you have set up?

Everyone has their own path to sobriety.

12 steps isn't the only way

But you do need a plan. What kind of support do you have set up?

I have no support all my friends left are drug addicts and dealers, I told my entire adopted extended family to burn in hell on Xanax and have yet to mend those relationships and I have no positive influences left in even the remotest vicinity of my life.

I have no support all my friends left are drug addicts and dealers, I told my entire adopted extended family to burn in hell on Xanax and have yet to mend those relationships and I have no positive influences left in even the remotest vicinity of my life.
gotta get some support or positive influences in there too

you know, I have mixed feelings about AA, but the best thing I ever got out of it was meeting some really cool people, positive people

not saying you should do that, but, maybe get a positive hobby or something

you definitely need more people in your life other than druggies and dealers, something I'm working on myself

I love the natural aspect of the suburbs and outward away from the cities. I came to realize this after coming back from florida; where any natural aspects (other than palms, occasional fruit trees and shrubbery) is planned and engineered to death.
We moved to PA a little over a year ago. Other than the snow that fell last year I find little that provides any joy. All is well, though, as doors are opening after a spell of misfortune and I feel good about it.
Use the substance against itself. Taper and if inclined find a new drug...?

:rolleyes:
:ROFLMAO:

It’s been 12 hours since my last dose of pregabalin and I’m starting to hallucinate should I go to the hospital my skin feels like it’s on fire and I feel like I ate a 10 strip of acid I hardly could even login to this website

It’s been 12 hours since my last dose of pregabalin and I’m starting to hallucinate should I go to the hospital my skin feels like it’s on fire and I feel like I ate a 10 strip of acid I hardly could even login to this website
If you have Pregabalin available take a dose immediately.
Are you alone?

please take a dose of pregablin, thats a very high dose of daily pregablin you will need a medically structured program to take you off it. I once started taking lots of diazepam at one point and realised id fucked up so went to my gp/drs and said please can you help me get off them i wont take them again and they tapered me off over the course of 2-3 months then i never took them again. If you feel in danger of a massive seizure or withdrawal reaction please consider a hospital visit, you only get One life.

Sounds like youve been through a lot hence why you enjoy benzos so much , i dont think people in general 'enjoy' benzos they are just a holiday or a numbness from our troubles , but they are only a short term temporary fix and actually only make it worse in the long run. The body is an incredible thing and you can regain control and reset your tolerance over time and determination

Welcome to bluelight and no i would highly recommend against using alcohol to get through withdrawel not only does it increase your chance of a seizure (as others have said too) even if it didnt then you are just swapping one drug out for another

Damn sounds like your deep in it at 10g a day…I have no advice for getting off the shit other then it should be in a medical setting, however you are in good hands here, for better or worse these are some elite drug users to help you out..but just try to remember how much your parents loved you and wanted the best for you, they wouldn’t want to see you digging this hole

Last edited:

Yes, I would say that MOST rehabs are like this unfortunately. However, fuck 'em. I've been in rehabs and detoxes so many times, I just took whatever I needed from it at the time and left the rest. If they wanted to shove the 12 step stuff down my throat I'd just be like "yes sir, no sir, 12 steps rahhhh!", then whenever I relapsed and needed help again, I'd go back.

Hey let us know how you're doing when you can okay? I'm a bit worried about you.

absolutely not ok. take pregab immediately. as we have been trying to say, this is a medically dangerous situation. not just because of the withdrawal from the dose, but because there is a risk of seizure activity just from the dosage of pregabalin itself. they aren't allowed to prescribe people more than 600 - 900mg a day for this reason. you're 10 times over the risky seizure area dosage, and i hate to say it but it's dangerous to take, dangerous not to take. this kind of detox is particularly hard to deal with, and in that way it kinda reminds me of really advanced alcoholism where the amount of ethanol required to not be in DTs is physically dangerous. really sorry you are in this situation, and i second what others have said -- AA/rehab type folks may be preachy, but at least there are some stable and good influences. I 100% urge getting medical attention over this matter.

Last edited:
Yes I now agree with y’all. I had a terrible day and night yesterday thankfully I was able to get in touch with my dealer and he brought me some pregabalin. I didn’t have a seizure but I had the worst anxiety, brain zaps, I was drenched in sweat and I was literally hallucinating like I was on acid. Ugh why do I do this to myself. Pregabalin has made me very unstable and suicidal (not that I wasn’t already suicidal but now it’s worse).

Has anyone successfully gotten off of this drug? I’m starting to think if I’m gonna do this at home I’m gonna need to use Valium or klonopin and break my promise to myself to taper off safely but I just don’t know if I break that promise that I can actually stop using them when the time comes

I have come off very high doses of pregabalin at one point was taking 45 to 60 300 mg a day dont come of your high dose all at once . You can cut your dose by a lot at first drop it to 8 straight away you still be taking such a high dose that you will n ot feel it much stabalise foir 4 days and drop again keep doing that until you get to the 1000s of mgs then start doing lower drops . It should not be done at that a high dose straight of it will be torture . I have gone from a high of 60 300 mg to what im doing now which is 200 mg will drop more next few weeks then jump of will still feel it but much m,ore bearable

If you was on 10 grams a day please dont just jump off just try dropping by 1 gram at first you still have such a high amount in you that you will not feel it much at very high doses you can drop a lot at first . My advice just try it i can only tell you how i did it and the first drops are the easiest

This thread has me worried now please you are jumping off at 10 g a day unless you are running out of pregabs you dont need to do this to yourself .Trust me you are on 10 grams a day it might seem like u fucked but the first drops are not that hard because you still have lots of the stuff in you. Just drop it by 1 gram you wont notice it much stabalise 4 days later drop 1 gram again keep doing that soon you will be in the 1000s of mg then it gets harder but you start dropping less i was on 60 300 mg capsules now i am doing 200 mg will jump of at 50 mg and have phenibut to help the 6 days i get pregabalin wds for. From 60 300 mg i had got it down 1200 mg in a month i halved my usage straight away and it was not that bad because still had 30 300 mg capsules in me then u can do big drops from high doses at first. Just experiment drop where you just feel it a little if to big a drop take extra so it bearable trust me it feels bad when u think 10 fucking grams this take to long but it not something that cant be done

Yes I now agree with y’all. I had a terrible day and night yesterday thankfully I was able to get in touch with my dealer and he brought me some pregabalin. I didn’t have a seizure but I had the worst anxiety, brain zaps, I was drenched in sweat and I was literally hallucinating like I was on acid. Ugh why do I do this to myself. Pregabalin has made me very unstable and suicidal (not that I wasn’t already suicidal but now it’s worse).

Has anyone successfully gotten off of this drug? I’m starting to think if I’m gonna do this at home I’m gonna need to use Valium or klonopin and break my promise to myself to taper off safely but I just don’t know if I break that promise that I can actually stop using them when the time comes
I have like I was exxplaining i was doing a higher dose than you and am now only on 200 mg a day which i will drop again on Monday . My advice to you is get as much pregabalin as you can then let me know how much you got you can then work out how much to cut and how much you got to play with. The first drops are the easiest because if you on 10 grams a day a big drop possible because you still got so much in your system how much are you actually on . You want to drop where you are still comfortable after a few days you will get used to your new dose then cut again i was on such a high dose i cut by half straight away and id not feel it much . Valium helps settles down the anxiety heroin don't do shit for it the one pill i found helped cant explain why was tramadol ont know why it helped but it did something . Good thing about pregabalin is that after day 6 which is the same as day one the fog just lifts like someone has flicked a switch . Keep a hot water bottle on the go be prepered to have no sleep and mental torture but the lower the amount you jump of at the better you will be. One thing you don't want to do is swap addictions there is a site I'm not allowed to mention here that sells phenibut which can .help when you eventually jump of pregabs if you o use valium use just enough to get by the first 6 or 7 days is the worse the sweating feeling cold and unlike heroin, it does not ease after day 3 it stays around the same level take time off work stock up on sports drinks eating won't really happen a few crackers some fruit maybe basically I just lay in be only getting up to shower loud noises startled me but then all of a sudden its over like a switch. Dont panic you will get through its worse wd i been through harder than heroin or pods and definitely don't drive you ont feel connected to your body and those brain zaps are horrible an a pain in the legs

Last edited:
ive done several really intense benzo and ethanol tapers - and generally what I have found is that a 5-10% drop is a good place to start from the high dose, which as @yubacity said is 500-1000mg range. And the method described is what i would do as well - drop 10%, stabilize 4 days, drop another 10%, then maybe move to 5% drops, but rinse and repeat until you are, as the esteemed last poster mentioned - down below the 1g range. from there you will have options - baclofen, gabapentin etc. for a crossover titration, or just the ability to get off the pregab itself by titrating it out. Also, you will be out of the seizure from dosing range, and out of the seizure from withdrawal range. it won't be easy, in fact it will probably suck the whole time, but it beats the hell out of the dead end that is a daily 10g pregab habit. Let me go out on a limb here -- I suffer from long term trauma / cPTSD issues. from the history/instability you have mentioned, to the xanax addiction - id wager you have some serious trauma and/or obsessive thought type issues to contend with. so do i. ethanol, sodium channel agents (pregab, gabap, phenibut), benzos, barbs -- sure they "fix" the problem while you are on them, BUT they do SERIOUS PROGRESSIVE damage to the same systems that you already have problems with (namely the GABA and glutamate axis in your brain).
Not only will damaging this more make all of the underlying anxiety problems MUCH WORSE, seizure thresshold will be lowered and eventually you will end up like me, w twitches/tics/spasms and any time i drink even a beer or two i get straight DTs. do not pass go. --- im saying this because if i had heard this at your age, i would have been spared some of the worst hells I have ever had to traverse (to put in perspective, im a 3rd degree burn survivor. I would take 10 more burns to not go through one more unmanaged damaging benzo DT).

GABA/glutamate/sodium channel agents are NOT suitable medication for cPTSD or related trauma conditions. It makes it all worse outside of the fleeting moment the drug is in effect, and eventually will become a physically crippling habit (as you have found w the pregabalin). Life is hard. anxiety is extremely hard, and finding your way to homeostasis, safety and calm in a crazy world is probably the hardest thing, but I would strongly urge you to explore: exercise, meditation, therapy, EMDR and ANY route to manage the overwhelming sensations that are not from those specific chemical groups. I didnt have a choice in the matter, all those doors were closed to me by the damage i have done to my brain, so I got thrown out in the cold with the same disorders, much older, with no coping mechanisms (I had used chemicals all through 20's and 30's to deal with it). it has been harrowing. don't be me. learn coping skills now, because eventually it will be : die on/from the medications you are using to treat it, or - deal with a horrible wd/reorganization of your brain decades on. it's rough to know, but I have been observing the effects of these drugs in trauma cases my whole life. my mother is on 30+ year bzd prescription for long term PTSD and she is absolutely unable to function. A point will come where she gets dementia (she's already showing signs..) and the doctor will pull her bzds. I am terrified for what that is gonna do to her. I also have another friend in the same boat at 65 - dementia presented and her GP deserted her as FDA will not allow continued prescription of bzd agents to people w dementia.

:( there need to be better/less damaging anti-anxiety agents.

I'm bumping this thread as I want to know how she is doing. Please stay tuned with us and let us know how to help you. You shouldn't at any way make this cold turkey, as the risks for seizures are tremendous. You can taper fast at the beginning, like 1g at 4 days to a week. But as I said, you can feel if it's too fast and take a dose if necessary. And please consider a medical supervise, you don't need to go to rehab if you get a doctor willing to help you. Otherwise, been on rehab sometimes is needed, sadly.

I know it’s a huge dose. It’s terrible I have no idea how it got that high but it did. My dealer said it’s over 90% pure. It comes in the mail I think.

I used to weigh out my doses, now I just scoop it with a 1/2 tablespoon scooper. To be honest I have no accurate way of knowing what I’m dosing. But it’s a lot. 100 grams used to last me 3 months now it lasts be 10-12 days. I usually have to get more every 2 weeks.

The side effect I’m talking about besides all the other ones, is glaucoma. I haven’t been able to see a eye doctor because my insurance doesn’t cover it but I’m having vision changes. I’m hoping it’s not permanent but I can’t afford to go see a doctor.

That’s why I can’t taper and need to flush it all