View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

can I trip two nights in a row?

anotherdivision

Greenlighter
so I took half a tab of acid for the first first time last night at 9pm. I went to bed around 3am, woke up at 1-2pm.
I was wondering if I'd still trip if I took a full tab tonight? seeing as I only took half last night?

also my apologies in advance if I posted this in the wrong place or something, first time posting ever

First - doing this shouldn't cause you any harm whatsoever (not that it's of particular concern heh)

You can give it a shot, yes. I assume you're new to psychedelics in general, so any kind of long term tolerance shouldn't be of immediate concern, however you will still notice (potentially greatly diminished effects) if you took a similar dose. I see you plan to double your dose to a full tab, which while I can't comment on how comparable the potency will be to last night's trip, I don't believe you'll be too far off.

Some more experienced users may have more to offer on what to expect though :)

Closest I did was within 4 days, with a higher dose, and while we had effects & fun, it still felt like a waste, not nearly as profound. YMMV

Better question - SHOULD you try to trip two nights in a row? Absolutely not, having time to integrate your last experience before dosing again is of the utmost importance...psychedelics can be your greatest ally, or they can destroy you, depending on how wisely you use them.

When I was younger & didn't understand this yet, tripping all the time (several times a week often) actually slowed down the learning process & left me unable to apply anything useful to my day to day life, until I took a break for a couple months & resumed tripping with at least two weeks, if not a month, inbetween trips always (that was a few years ago now & currently I'm feeling better than ever & my trips are more satisfying than ever)

I'm also someone who's exceptionally good at handling my psychedelics, so imagining what could have happened to your average user dosing all the time is somewhat terrifying, really

IME the shorter you wait the more likely the second trip is to be a disappointment. And if it isn't a disappointment but a fairly strong trip like the first one, then it's very likely this means you don't get enough time to process and integrate the first trip, so you stir things up inside yourself and complicate it even more when you don't address it properly. This can obscure the learning process as was said, getting interesting or fun experiences is nice of course... but it's not worth messing a whole lot with this process, something which may take a while to become apparent - so don't expect it to be immediately clear that it is a bad plan, but later on it may feel regretful.

I've read about plenty of trippers who were in fact able to trip a second time without waiting that long, concluding that sometimes it does work (other times they compensate for tolerance, which is unpredictable)... but by far I have read of many more trippers who discovered it is not worthwile at all, sooner or later.

You simply need time sober, living normally, to give parts of such experiences meaning and a place.

Not doing this is mostly harmful long-term and it may not always be easy to see a causal link at that point... so yeah trying this once or twice is not really a huge problem, but it's pretty bad practice and my experiences pretty much tell me one shouldn't.

The short answer is "no." LSD tolerance develops rapidly after one dose and lasts for a few days. If you took a low dose the first day and took 2-3 times as much the second day you might get a couple of mild trips in, but in general trying to do this is just an easy way to waste some LSD.

I once passed a 14g of mushrooms in 3 days in a row, took it in the morning redosed before 12am and went to bed at 8pm or 9pm every of those day. It was like a big trip, I was not tolerant when I took it the 1rst day as my last one was 8-9 months before. I did felt a difference on day 3 but on day 2 I only double dosed and had an even bigger trip than day 1. So my guess is that tolerance do form but if you redose the closest to your 1rst dose your body will feel it like 1 big trip, not 2, or 3 in my case. I didnt do it again since I thought I lost money due to day 3 but day 2 was like no tolerance. Now I trip once every 4-5 days when I have either LSD or shrooms and do not feel any tolerance at all. But every body reacts differently to drugs also we have to take in account that I use alot of Noopept which reduce the ability of your body to get tolerant to psychedelics while increasing their potency.

So basically no I dont think you will feel tolerance, I think that your double dosage will feel like x1.5 instead of x2 but you will not really recognise the difference and have a good trip too if you can handle the dosage of course.

In my 50+ mushroom trips I came to handle 6g one shot in lemon tek without having a single bad thought. But it took 4 years and lots of experimentations, also I have a will of understanding myself stronger than my need to hide my weakness so I guess that can be taken in account too.

I dont recommend it. I once tripped on mescaline with only one day in between and the second trip was really unpleasant.

Through my experiences of shroom tolerance, it developes no where near as quickly as lsd tolerance. So idk if the shrooms comment above should be taken into account :/

I went through my phase of acid 2 times a weekend for like 4-6 months, i still trip atleast once a month roughly. But as others said it will be more disapointing.

A half tab to a full tab in one day isnt a big jump i wouldnt be suprised if you get very slight visuals but a fairly psychedelic mindstate.
As others have said you need time to intergrate, unless you learnt nothing in the first place.

What i can say with utmost certainty is it wont have the same magic, you wont feel as "special" so to speak, you will just be semi tripping.
After doing over 100 tabs of acid in less than 25 trips i can truly tell you it takes the magic away doing it often. I did so much that even after i take a 2-3 month break its still not as mystical as it could be.

After moving out of my abuse phase into research and intergration, i learnt that less is more, i havent done more than 2 tabs at once in probably a year. But ive had 6 tabs in one go and dosed another like 2 hours later.
Trust me less is more, strive to learn what you can from lsd, then integrate if you can :) please tread wisely too.

Like someone said above, i also handle psychedelics stupidly well. It scares me the troubles you could get yourself into doing the dosing i did(at 18 years old xD i know dont even start on stupidity)

So look i'll try wrap it up, the more you do it the less you can learn(partly considering you take in more info than your brain can handle anyhow on any given lsd trip)
So yea you can try trip 2 nights in a row, but the gains will start to diminish quickly.

This is all from my experience but i feel its relevant considering ive done 4 tabs both nights of the weekend once and went to work missing two nights sleep that week, maybe you can learn from my mishaps.
Lsd saved my life but i came close to throwing it all away too. :)

Last edited:
It's something I've done in the past and will occasionally still do.

Of course it isn't recommended, but is possible. In my own case, I rarely get the chance to trip due to family and work commitments so when I get the time I sometimes trip on successive nights or maybe a couple of days later.

Yes, it's not the same, but it can be almost as good (although doses have to be increased).