• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Can I Skip A Day?

StalinsLipstick

Greenlighter
I've been taking 3mgs a day of klonopin for the past 2 months (prescribed) but my tolerance is so high now I feel like it doesn't work anymore. So, is it safe to skip a day without having a seizure or any life threatening WD symptoms? and if so will it reduce my tolerance? It's for my type 2 bipolar disorder so I understand I'll be more irritable/anxious, I just don't want to have a seizure because I drive a lot and have work.

You can. Skip like ,3 days until you start noticing withdrawal however I'm sure during those skips days your tolerance may go down just a little bit

Your tolerance won't go down from skipping a day. I'm much more familiar with Xanax than Klonopin, but they have similar principles. Nobody can say that if you do skip a day you won't have a seizure. Your body is your body. If your only objective to skipping a day is to lower your tolerance it's not worth it; and if it is not effective anymore just tell your doctor or PMHNP.

I've been taking 3mgs a day of klonopin for the past 2 months (prescribed) but my tolerance is so high now I feel like it doesn't work anymore. So, is it safe to skip a day without having a seizure or any life threatening WD symptoms? and if so will it reduce my tolerance? It's for my type 2 bipolar disorder so I understand I'll be more irritable/anxious, I just don't want to have a seizure because I drive a lot and have work.

Klonopin's half-life is long enough that you'd be able to skip a day without any kind of serious consequences. But as was said, that won't put a dent in a tolerance and so if that's the only reason you're doing it, why bother?

klonopin is a highly addictive medicine and is not even close to being for bipolar disorder. It is for anxiety and panic attacks. You won't have a seizure from missing one day, but eventually when you do try to quit you will definitely notice. I've had a seizure from these, and all I could think of was, "why the hell did I take that?"

a simple google would tell you benzos are prescribed for bipolar disorder, considering part of being bipolar are racing thoughts, irritability etc. but as far as lowering my tolerance, that's not the only reason, I just want a day or two without feeling sedated. Because klonopin on top of the 2 antipsychotics is a real bummer feeling.

and I've already had the thought "fuck, I'm in a hole I dug myself". I thought benzos would really help me out but now its dependency. I used to take them recreationally but after months of being on them all of the "high" is gone and it's just a maintenance thing now, it fucking sucks.