• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Can I shoot kratom?

Allthewayalive

Greenlighter
Hey all. I ordered some Kratom online cause my friend told me it is so awesome and stuff. She’s not an IV user like me so she always just made it into a tea or whatever but like can I shoot it? And how much should I shoot for the first time?
and what are your favourite strains? What feels the most like heroin? I ordered like 8 different strains to try.

Absolutely not. Do not try this. You'll end up in a hospital.

Eat or drink only. Do not IV plant material!!

There are minor differences between the strains but the only real difference is the amount of stimulation they provide.

Bali is the most relaxing and closest to opioids. Maeng Da is the most stimulating.

If you have any opioid tolerance keep your expectations low. I suggest 6-12g your first time.

Last edited:
Absolutely not, under any circumstances. You will get very sick and/or die. NEVER EVER shoot plant matter. Even kratom extracts have too much plant material left in them for IV use.

Even if you could IV it, the dosage is at least a few grams of leaf so I don't see how you could make it concentrated enough to shoot. But again, do not even consider trying because you'll die.

Kratom doesn't feel like heroin at all. If you're expecting it to feel like classic opioids, you'll be disappointed. It's quite nice if you have very little opiate experience. It's decent if you have opiate experience, and if you have an opiate habit currently, you will not get you high, but it does keep away withdrawals.

If you get your hands on strong, good quality extracts, it can feel a good bit like oxy, but it's very expensive that way. It's really just not possible to get to that level with plain leaf, as you reach a ceiling effect where you start to get dizzy/nauseous before you can get higher.

And again, even with extracts, do not even think about injecting it because you will end up with life threatening infections in the best case scenario.