• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can I see a psychiatrist and my regular dr. at the same time?

chronich

Greenlighter
So I'm already prescribed adderall 10mg ir every month. I just called to make an appointment with a psychiatrist because I have general anxiety and panic attacks where I can barely breathe sometimes. Anyways my main doc is usually a real stickler and I doubt he'll help me at all so is it legal for me to get prescriptions like kpins or xanax or whatever from a psychiatrist while getting adderall from my reg dr? Just don't want to get into any trouble. Thanks

Like any other doctor, the psych will have you fill out new patient paperwork. They will want to know who is your primary physician and what meds you are currently prescribed. Lots of people see different doctors but you should be honest and keep them both on the same page.

Lots of people see a psychiatrist in addition to their primary care provider . You'll probably be asked to sign a release of information request so that both doctors can communicate with each other. If you aren't honest, you run the risk of getting caught "doctor shopping" or however you want to say it, and that could be bad. My state has a prescription drug monitoring program where the pharmacy registers all controlled substance Rx's and all the doctors here can access that information. your area may not have this type of system..

Not only ok, but advised. They got different jobs.
You got Addy from a GP? I'm impressed, never had any luck talking one into helping me out with those.
Anyway yeah, as said when the shrink asks what you take, at least tell him about the scripts your GP has you on, and if it comes up with your GP tell him about the shrink.
All of this isn't sketchy in the least as long as you're not caught lying.

You got Addy from a GP? I'm impressed, never had any luck talking one into helping me out with those.
Anyway yeah, as said when the shrink asks what you take, at least tell him about the scripts your GP has you on, and if it comes up with your GP tell him about the shrink.

GolemGolem is absolutely right. You don't want to get caught up in a lie. Try to be as honest as possible, as medical providers have ways of finding things out... good luck friend :)

It doesn't sound like you have any contracts signed..I don't really see a large issue coming up here.

Yeah I was diagnosed as a kid and sent him a record of like one piece of paper because apparently they were shitty about keeping records and thankfully kept one of my old adderall bottles from like 3 years ago and got a new script just like that and only have to see him every 6 months and he lets me pick up 3 scripts at a time.:)

Also thanks for a all the replies and clearing that up I didn't want to lose my adderall script or anything I just want to get some kpins or xanz for my panic attacks and my ptsd from my asshole father as a child. He's not abusive anymore just verbally now occasionally and living with him and seeing hims just makes me anxious. So I'm sure I'll have no problems getting something from my psych coming up real soon.