• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can I mix oxycodone and codeine

ss1879

Greenlighter
I have Hi-tech promethazine/codeine syrup and 5 mg oxycodone pills. Can I drink 50 ml of the promethazine ( a little less than two oz) and take a 5 mg oxycodone pill

You could. Have you used either before? Not huge doses by any means of codeine and oxy (enough maybe for a rookie) but 62.5mg promethazine is getting up there.

If you're opiate tolerant, combining them would be fine, there's no bad interactions between the two. I will say when you combine these two, the window for doses that cause respriatory depression increases. You should be fine, 5mg is a really low dose of oxycodone.

- Hopeless Soul

When taking two different opioids you can pretty much add the doses together. Check an opioid conversion chart and convert however many mg of codeine is in 50 mL Promethazine to oxycodone and add that to 5 mg oxycodone.

Need more info. What is a single dose of the syrup in ml's, and how much codeine and promethazine is in that dose? Promethazine is a strong antihistamine... I once drank 40mls of prometh/codeine (64mg prometh and 80mg codiene) and i knocked out. It wasnt because of the codeine either, as i have taken much more oxy in the past...