View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can I control what I say on DXM

Crazysk11

Greenlighter
will I tell secrets and embarrassing stories I wouldnt tell sober I am very good at controlling what I say when under the influence but will I tell a deep secret or anything

Uh.... probably not? DXM isn't a truth serum or something. In general if you're hiding something really deep that's always on your mind, the more intosicated you get the more likely you will be to talk about it. But things like alcohol and benzos are more likely to make that happen than dissociatives like DXM.

True ^ truth serum type stuff are disinhibiting substances like some barbs.. on DXM you are far more likely to just get robotic movement and maybe have more trouble speaking intelligibly.

There's always a chance, like xorkoth indicates, because if it's something that on some level you really want to talk about, then the intoxication necessary to undermine your self-control are relatively lower since you have an urge to tell... but no, DXM is not particularly the kind of drug that would cause it.

(Also, it varies a lot between people whether you are sensitive to losing control over your behavior - but usually you would learn that about yourself for example by having been drunk etc)