Cycle Advice Can high estrogen contribute to high cholesterol / blood pressure ?

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
Hi guys I’m trying to get healthy recently got sober again stopped drinking and all.

Last year when I got my blood checked my cholesterol was terrible my HDL was 20 and my LDL I believe was 190. My estrogen was also 170 which is pretty damn high.

I think what really fucked my cholesterol besides test and Tren was Anavar. I was taking high doses for a month straight and then got my blood checked the following week

I can take care of the estrogen with Arimidex I’ve been trying to fix my diet basically just eating chicken rice and spinach as much as possible. I’m only 27 and to have my cholesterol that out of whack in an average blood pressure of 150/90 I need to try and figure out what’s wrong.

Thanks

What are you on now and what is your dosing schedule?
It may take several weeks for your lipids to come to a more reasonable level after Tren and Anavar.
Estrogen will make your cholesterol profile better AFAIK, while all androgens will make it worse.

Androgens tend to raise your BP too, and Estrogen can contribute to that if you're retaining too much water.

Doing cardio should help you get your lipids and BP under control.

What are you on now and what is your dosing schedule?
It may take several weeks for your lipids to come to a more reasonable level after Tren and Anavar.
Estrogen will make your cholesterol profile better AFAIK, while all androgens will make it worse.

Androgens tend to raise your BP too, and Estrogen can contribute to that if you're retaining too much water.

Doing cardio should help you get your lipids and BP under control.

Thank you for the info I've actually been running for the first time in a few years as well hopefully when I get rechecked it'll be better.

I've been just doing TRT doses honestly about 200-300 mg Sustanon a week the last few months

Thank you for the info I've actually been running for the first time in a few years as well hopefully when I get rechecked it'll be better.

I've been just doing TRT doses honestly about 200-300 mg Sustanon a week the last few months

Fingers crossed that everything comes back to normal range soon.
When you measure your BP, are you sure you're waiting long enough in the sitting position before measuring?
For me, waiting even 5 minutes is not ok, it takes longer for my BP to go down to resting values.
If I test too soon I'll easily get 140/85 or something like that, but if I sit down like 10 minutes doing literally nothing and mentally relaxing I'll get 120/80.
I think that for some people it takes more time than others to relax.

Also, 300mg will put you well beyond physiological range, it's a mini-cycle basically, so if BP and and lipids don't get better you should probably consider going down in dose, somewhere between 125 and 150mg per week will put you in the high physiological range or slightly above depending on how you respond.

As previously stated, 200-300mg is not TRT, and quite likely contributes to elevated BP, and estradiol..
Lower dose, maybe split dosing schedule to twice a week..

If wishing to improve LDL/HDL, lower carbs increase saturated fat intake..

Your diet is very poor, look at grass fed meat, try keto, with plenty healthy fresh vegetables, nuts and seeds..

As previously stated, 200-300mg is not TRT, and quite likely contributes to elevated BP, and estradiol..
Lower dose, maybe split dosing schedule to twice a week..

If wishing to improve LDL/HDL, lower carbs increase saturated fat intake..

Your diet is very poor, look at grass fed meat, try keto, with plenty healthy fresh vegetables, nuts and seeds..

Should I avoid dairy? Cause everyone I know drinks whey protein like it’s water. Dairy is high in cholesterol isn’t it?

Isn’t keto bad for cholesterol? I’m confused

Should I avoid dairy? Cause everyone I know drinks whey protein like it’s water. Dairy is high in cholesterol isn’t it?

Eating foods containing cholesterol does not cause bad lipid profiles, not doing enough cardio, eating too many carbs does and being overweight does.
Your body can produce enough cholesterol to get your lipids out of whack even if you don't eat any cholesterol.

Eating foods containing cholesterol does not cause bad lipid profiles, not doing enough cardio, eating too many carbs does and being overweight does.
Your body can produce enough cholesterol to get your lipids out of whack even if you don't eat any cholesterol.

That's so odd to me cause I grew up on pasta / spaghetti dinners, toast, oatmeals, rice, bagels, bread... Carbs are like 50% of my diet which explains why my cholesterol is so messed up. I honestly thought carbs were good for energy and working out at least that's what I've been lead to believe my whole life.

It's gonna be hard to cut them out but I will do my best

That's so odd to me cause I grew up on pasta / spaghetti dinners, toast, oatmeals, rice, bagels, bread... Carbs are like 50% of my diet which explains why my cholesterol is so messed up. I honestly thought carbs were good for energy and working out at least that's what I've been lead to believe my whole life.

It's gonna be hard to cut them out but I will do my best

Cut them out gradually, I'd switch to wholemeal cereals only and slowly cut the amount.
Get some in before and right after lifting and if you keep your calories the same you shouldn't loose strength.

50% sounds like a lot of carbs to me, try to stay at 25 to 30% for a few weeks and evaluate how you feel.
That being said, if I were to guess why your lipids are bad I'd blame the Tren more than anything else.
Other than being bad for your cholesterol and cardiovascular health it's literally neurotoxic and nephrotoxic and I think it's in your best interest to never use it.

Cut them out gradually, I'd switch to wholemeal cereals only and slowly cut the amount.
Get some in before and right after lifting and if you keep your calories the same you shouldn't loose strength.

50% sounds like a lot of carbs to me, try to stay at 25 to 30% for a few weeks and evaluate how you feel.
That being said, if I were to guess why your lipids are bad I'd blame the Tren more than anything else.
Other than being bad for your cholesterol and cardiovascular health it's literally neurotoxic and nephrotoxic and I think it's in your best interest to never use it.

I literally never knew that. You know you think your well informed and educated on a topic until you realize you're not. I feel stupid.

Thank you for all the good info it's much appreciated. I'll stay away from Tren and honestly part of me thinks I should take a few years off of AAS and let my body be natural. I've been running gear consistently for the past 5 years.

I literally never knew that. You know you think your well informed and educated on a topic until you realize you're not. I feel stupid.

Thank you for all the good info it's much appreciated. I'll stay away from Tren and honestly part of me thinks I should take a few years off of AAS and let my body be natural. I've been running gear consistently for the past 5 years.
Tren has long term metabolites that can stay in your body for 6 to 18 months and suppress the HPTA, so you should use TRT until that much time has passed before you attempt to come off.

Honestly taking 125 to 150mg of Test will hardly have a negative impact on your lipids and BP AFAIK.

Commercial dairy yes, avoid like the plague.. IE: barn raised, corn fed, antibiotic and glyphosate exposed A1 cows..

Organic, grass fed A2 cows is ok..

Cholesterol is essential to life, LDL, and HDL are unfortunately mislabeled as cholesterol, they are lipoproteins, each with a phospholipid mono layer, and apoB100, or apoA1 membrane protein, LDL transports Cholesterol and triglycerides in blood to where its needed, HDL removes it. (without going into too much detail)..

Triglycerides increase LDL, NOT cholesterol..!!!

Saturated fat increases HDL... Triglycerides make HDL non functional..

Don't believe what you read in mainstream media, regards saturated fat and cholesterol.. Just don't mix healthy fat with carbs, its not fat that is the issue, but the carbohydrates.. (sugars)..

Commercial dairy yes, avoid like the plague.. IE: barn raised, corn fed, antibiotic and glyphosate exposed A1 cows..

Organic, grass fed A2 cows is ok..

Cholesterol is essential to life, LDL, and HDL are unfortunately mislabeled as cholesterol, they are lipoproteins, each with a phospholipid mono layer, and apoB100, or apoA1 membrane protein, LDL transports Cholesterol and triglycerides in blood to where its needed, HDL removes it. (without going into too much detail)..

Triglycerides increase LDL, NOT cholesterol..!!!

Saturated fat increases HDL... Triglycerides make HDL non functional..

Don't believe what you read in mainstream media, regards saturated fat and cholesterol.. Just don't mix healthy fat with carbs, its not fat that is the issue, but the carbohydrates.. (sugars)..

Thanks for the info I’m gonna dive into this topic I got some free time.

Yes it will increase BP.

Cardarine is the best drug around for stabilizing cholesterol levels within a short amount of time. It is also a very powerful antioxidant. Plus it has its own performance enhancing effects. Yes there is the cancer risk, you either love the compound and deny the risks or you don't. Truth is studies are muddled. You can read entire books about how most modern studies are muddled. The ones on cardarine are especially muddled. It does stress the liver in a specific way and may cause cancer in some who knows. ive used it on and off for years and will continue to do so. I would run a low 5-10mg dose for 8 weeks and see how your bloods come back. If you aren't comfortable with that then just tweak your diet.

Do cardio. I spend 30 minutes on the stairmaster every day before my weight session. Im drenched in sweat like I jumped in a swimming pool. Im still bigger than ever, yet I'm skinnier than ever, and I'm in the best shape I've ever been in. Endurance is insane. Im hovering at 190lbs when normally im a beefy 215-220lbs(5" 8'). I used to train to be as big as possible and now I train for longevity, endurance, and practical strength. In the end im still always putting on muscle and love how I look more than I ever did at 220 or even when I hit 240. Cardarine is a god for endurance and cardio. The only thing beating it is EQ.

This is just my take on 'trt'. About half the year I run 200mg of test alone. The half of the year I run it with 100mg of mast e or primo e. Its enough to keep me slim and keep the water weight off, keep my e2 slightly down(or feel so, as in masterons case), and it gives me a great mood and energy boost. There aren't much anabolic effects at 100mg but im not using it for that. It should be noted i dont do real cycles much anymore, so that 200mg test and 100mg mast/primo is basically my cycle. Im still always growing. EQ does the same thing and I love EQ, but I'm way too sensitive to its AI effects to even run 100mg.

Don't cruise on 300mg year round, drop it 100mg max.[Mod Edit] Yes theres a lot of men that get 300mg from their doc but thats a mini cycle not trt.

It was very difficult but ive cut out dairy for the most part. I switched to organic soy milk, which has just as much protein and has fiber. I switched to vegan protein although it tastes like shit, if you mix some peanut butter and fruit with it tastes good.

If youre on a budget and just want to grow then I'd say pound the milk and whey protein. if you have the money then make the switch to vegan alternatives. We get food stamps so Its all paid for.

In my experience opioids and gear were like peanut butter and jelly. When on methadone and suboxone I hit the gear hard. it allowed me to train twice as hard for twice as long, never feeling any DOMS or fatigue. It allowed me to keep my appetite down so I could recomp and cut easily, and opioids gave me endless energy. When I got sober off methadone I realized how much the gear really affected me mentally and physically. I Stopped using it for a few months, then adopted a 200mg a week test e protocol(yes 125 would be ideal). Thats where ive been for awhile now. Like I said if I want a boost I'll throw in 100mg of mast or maybe 25mg of anavar or tbol someday. Truth is im already bigger and stronger than 99% of men and don't really care about it liked i used too. I would love to stop the gear completely as I'm just past that phase in life but I fear I'd have dire consequences and lifelong low T, so it is what it is.

Do the best you can and priority one stay sober. I remember your posts from 6 months ago and im really happy to see you're still doing good. Lower your test, tweak your diet, and your blood pressure may just be a result of thst heavy clonidine use in your recent past who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else have hypersensitivity to Arimidex? I mean fuck 1 mg crashes my estrogen so hard I feel like shit for a week every time I take it.

“The recommended daily dose, ARIMIDEX 1 mg, reduced estradiol by approximately 70% within 24 hours and by approximately 80% after 14 days of daily dosing.”

70% decrease in estrogen within 24 hours… next time I’m taking an 1/8 of a pill. My sexual side effects are way worse with low E than low T and high E …

Anyone else have hypersensitivity to Arimidex? I mean fuck 1 mg crashes my estrogen so hard I feel like shit for a week every time I take it.

“The recommended daily dose, ARIMIDEX 1 mg, reduced estradiol by approximately 70% within 24 hours and by approximately 80% after 14 days of daily dosing.”

70% decrease in estrogen within 24 hours… next time I’m taking an 1/8 of a pill. My sexual side effects are way worse with low E than low T and high E …

Remember arimidex reduces aromatase action, it has no effect upon estrogen in the body, which decreases with processes of metabolism over time, which can be much slower than testosterone..
1/2 a tab per week used to be enough for most bodybuilders, generally arimidex is NOT needed for most people..

Remember arimidex reduces aromatase action, it has no effect upon estrogen in the body, which decreases with processes of metabolism over time, which can be much slower than testosterone..
1/2 a tab per week used to be enough for most bodybuilders, generally arimidex is NOT needed for most people..

I never needed an AI until I introduced Tren and orals into the picture. Without them being in the picture hopefully I won't need to use them again. Really the only High E side effect besides mood swings I've noticed was gyno, but that was on high doses of Tren + Test. It's gone now.

Thanks, hopefully I don't even need to take it.

After I got stage lean, for whatever reason my body doesn't produce much estrogen anymore. Even the mildest shifts to favoring an androgenic balance (such as adding winstrol) gives me low estrogen sides. I feel just licking an adex pill would give me low estrogen

After I got stage lean, for whatever reason my body doesn't produce much estrogen anymore. Even the mildest shifts to favoring an androgenic balance (such as adding winstrol) gives me low estrogen sides. I feel just licking an adex pill would give me low estrogen

Yeah I don’t think I’ll be taking them anymore. For some reason in my head I always think it’s too high but every time I take one I feel substantially worse, my body reacts very poorly to the drastic hormone changes.

If I do use one again I probably will only take 1/8 a pill.

I lose my entire sex drive for a week every time I take one, and worse it causes pretty severe depression. At least I know the cause of it

As far as AIs go, I only ever tried Aromasin, one full pill (25mg) gives me fever like symptoms in about 18 hours from ingestion, the bad part will last about one day and gradually get better over 3 days.
By fever symptoms I mean my whole body feels inflamed and in pain just like I had a massive flu.
On top of that my mood is very depressed and I'll be somewhat cognitively impaired.
Given that the estrogenic sides I get from Test are just mild water retention, I just use a very small amount of Masteron (40 to 50mg per week), on top of my 150mg of Test.