• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Can heavily sweating make drugs like Kratom and Suboxone get out of your system quicker?

Dropperneck

Bluelighter
I’m sweating big league at my job needing to drink a pint of water every 20 minutes. Is this helping to clear some of these substances out of my system?

I don't think so.

Drugs are metabolized in two stages. The goal of drug metabolism is to make the drug hydrophillic enough to be excreted renally.

The first stage "oxidative metabolism" will oxidize certain sites on the molecule which do not enhance water solubility, but provide attachment sites for phase two metabolism.

Phase two metabolism "conjugation" is where water soluble molecules (sulfate, glucuronic acid, glutathione, UDP) are attached to the drug (either directly to an already chemically active site, or to sites produced by phase one metabolism). These drug conjugates are now more water soluble and are excreted by the kidneys when they filter your blood.

Metabolites are also excreted by sweat, but the volume of fluid moving through sweat glands is dwarfed by the volume of fluid excreted through your kidneys (180 L fluid/day). Excretion through sweat glands occurs passively and drugs/metabolites are not concentrated in sweat.

Your kidneys are still functioning when you are in the heat and not producing a lot of urine, the low urine volume is due to increased reabsorbtion of water from the collecting ducts (kidneys filter everything from your blood at first, and then selectively reabsorb things you want. Drugs need to be sufficiently hydrophillic to not diffuse through the kidney cell membranes, which is why metabolites are often the main compound in urine.

I’m sweating big league at my job needing to drink a pint of water every 20 minutes. Is this helping to clear some of these substances out of my system?
Probably not, no, but as someone who sweats his ass off 24/7 at work and any time it's even moderately warm, I can tell you that drugs like kratom, buprenorphine, methadone, etc. will certainly MAKE you sweat your balls off to an abnormal degree.

I don't think so.

Drugs are metabolized in two stages. The goal of drug metabolism is to make the drug hydrophillic enough to be excreted renally.

The first stage "oxidative metabolism" will oxidize certain sites on the molecule which do not enhance water solubility, but provide attachment sites for phase two metabolism.

Phase two metabolism "conjugation" is where water soluble molecules (sulfate, glucuronic acid, glutathione, UDP) are attached to the drug (either directly to an already chemically active site, or to sites produced by phase one metabolism). These drug conjugates are now more water soluble and are excreted by the kidneys when they filter your blood.

Metabolites are also excreted by sweat, but the volume of fluid moving through sweat glands is dwarfed by the volume of fluid excreted through your kidneys (180 L fluid/day). Excretion through sweat glands occurs passively and drugs/metabolites are not concentrated in sweat.

Your kidneys are still functioning when you are in the heat and not producing a lot of urine, the low urine volume is due to increased reabsorbtion of water from the collecting ducts (kidneys filter everything from your blood at first, and then selectively reabsorb things you want. Drugs need to be sufficiently hydrophillic to not diffuse through the kidney cell membranes, which is why metabolites are often the main compound in urine.
Solid answer, thank you

I could very well be talking out of my ass here, but I think the only drug you can actually sweat/drink out of your system is pot.

Years ago I was on probation and had weekly drug tests and weekly outpatient rehab that also drug tested, tuesdays and thursdays respectively. I smoked a pretty good amount of weed, and sometimes dabbled in some of the drugs I was in the rehab program for in the first place. Also drank like a fish

In the 3 years I was in rehab/probation I tested positive for weed once, and tested positive for the other substances(including alcohol) almost every single time I took them. My PO was mad as fuck but also loved me for some reason, threatened to throw me back in jail every damn week but never did. I working loading 53” trailers full of hay with an absolute slave driver of a boss so even in the dead of a NY winter I was sweating like a pig for 4-6 hours a day depending on how many loads we did. Pretty sure I was sweating and drinking the weed straight out of my system, but the other drugs don’t metabolize like that so I always popped for em.

i would think that water intake and would provide a vehicle that would aid in moving along toxins as we;ll as any other matter we may or may not be "created" from/of.
just my opinion and when i do kratom i will swear onna stack o' bibles that high that i get a better result as opposed to not drinking water.
we need water... good clean water optimally.

I could very well be talking out of my ass here, but I think the only drug you can actually sweat/drink out of your system is pot.

Years ago I was on probation and had weekly drug tests and weekly outpatient rehab that also drug tested, tuesdays and thursdays respectively. I smoked a pretty good amount of weed, and sometimes dabbled in some of the drugs I was in the rehab program for in the first place. Also drank like a fish

In the 3 years I was in rehab/probation I tested positive for weed once, and tested positive for the other substances(including alcohol) almost every single time I took them. My PO was mad as fuck but also loved me for some reason, threatened to throw me back in jail every damn week but never did. I working loading 53” trailers full of hay with an absolute slave driver of a boss so even in the dead of a NY winter I was sweating like a pig for 4-6 hours a day depending on how many loads we did. Pretty sure I was sweating and drinking the weed straight out of my system, but the other drugs don’t metabolize like that so I always popped for em.
I had the same experience. I pissed dirty like 4 times but she was a hot divorcee and she must have really liked me. She would sit and talk about her life to me for like an hour at a time and piss off EVERYONE waiting for their turn to see her. It was bizarre. Ended up violating and she let me off probation early and let me move across the country. LOL