• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can DXM prolong opiate withdrawal?

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
Just out of curiosity, if someone is going through opiate withdrawal and they decide to take a small dose of DXM, would that prolong the WD symptoms or make them worse?

Likely the opposite. Dxm lessened my w/ds by at least 70%. My dosages were 120mg and 60mg, respectively (over the course of 2 days).

I found it helps with withdrawal symptoms temporarily.

^^ Nail polish guy,lol. I remember that. For real though, low dose DXM can help. You have to really dial in the dosage for yourself. I suggest you look into other things mentioned. In detox, it is more then one thing to help you get through the detox.

thank you all so much for responses. I had a few oral surgeries in a row for which I was taking pain meds, i let my scripts build up, and ever since I've been having some mild WD symptoms. Nothing major, just RLS, mild discomfort and trouble sleeping.

The answer is no.

damn man you are one of the OD OGs you are the last of a dying breed im a huge fan. to the OP dxm can prevent tolerance from building if taken 30-60min prior to ingestion. see 45min ago i took 60mg of robogels and in 15min i will be dosing 20mg oxy ir.