• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Can benzos increase performance?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
May seem like a counter intuitive question but you never know.

They've historically been used for insomnia so they're unlikely what you'd take if you were going to a rave and wanted to get fired up.

If you wanted a cognition study aid type drug, a small dose of valium would behoove matters at all?

I know it seems opposite but what are people experiences and rationale on this topic?

if i didnt have anxiety i could focus more , so for me xanax would help me have higher function. better focus on paperwork, seems rational enough for my experience, i retained more information

If you wanted a cognition study aid type drug, a small dose of valium would behoove matters at all?
Anybody that uses the word 'behoove" correctly in a sentence doesn't need to study anymore. :ROFLMAO: That's fucking highbrow stuff right there.

As for benzodiaepines increasing performance: I don't see it happening. Maybe it's an individual thing. but me on Alprazolam (even at low and therapeutically prescribed doses) you'd need to dangle some really big carrot to get me to want to get in a car to go to a party or rave let alone get all with it and in the mood to carry on like a wild animal at the party or rave. They're downers. Some around here say that in large enough quantities and doses they have the opposite effect. I still cannot fathom that one. You'r more likely to end up on the floor with gob running out of the one side of your mouth (due to gravity) than you are to want to get up and dance your ass off (best case scenario dance your ass off in slow motion and which may or may not be fun under flashing lights and fog and strobes) (yes: I'm a child of the '80's unshamedly and obviously). And mix with alcohol: and you're more likely to spew or fall onto the person of interest that you're trying to entice into buying a drink (does that even happen nowadays). The good news is that if you fuck up and make a total idiot of yourself you're likely to not remember having done so so you CAN go back to the same place twice! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited: