• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can anyone give tips on how to sleep during opiate/opioid withdrawal?

Haven't tried it, but I'm open to whatever may help.
It seems to be one of the less commonly prescribed benzos for some reason. I actually thought it was an RC, but apparently it's scheduled and prescribable.

At the end of the day, I've found combining long acting and short acting benzos to be the absolute best method for sedation during acute WD. Clonazepam/Diazepam and Lorazepam/Alprazolam are my preffered combinations along with a 12.5 mg ER Ambien or 2.

Keep in mind I'm extremely benzo tolerant, and in no way do I recommend someone who isn't combine these drugs while also in the very vulnerable position of kicking cold turkey unless they have a great deal of resolve or naltrexone on hand and in their system while doing so. All ot would take is "one more bag" in the middle of your detox and your life could be over. Better safe than sorry. Those receptors are already empty, might as well block them with an antagonist and play it safe unless you are in a clinical setting where you're under the care of doctors and can't call the plug.

I've kicked literally every opioid I can think of CT at one point or another and I'd be more than happy to share my methods. I basically just consider what I do to be similar to the new method of rapid detox in which you're In a coma for 4 days, except I don't do the full coma. The physical part is the easy part to get through really. Its the depression and boredom that last for months-years due to PAWS that become the real conscern once you're at about day 7 as the physical symptoms should be subsiding by then.

Hope you keep posting. Interested to see how both of our current detox attempts turn out.

I was finally able to re-induct on suboxone tonight after 3 days of agony due to a run on the "purple dope" I went on the last couple weeks. That shit SUCKED. First 2 times I tried I was thrown onto horrible Bupe induced PWs even though I was scoring a 15 or higher on the COWS test. I wasn't sure I was gonna be able to do it. I was trying to find a methadone clinic instead because I was so afraid of that happening again I didn't wanna even look at a suboxone but luckily I have parents who save their old unused meds, and I was able to use legit Oxy in order to bridge the gap I needed to get back on the subs. Basically I did a form of the bernese method that I'd modified to suit my situation. Luckily it seems to have worked as I'm now up and walking around and actually able to talk to someone without wanting to throw a brick at them. Today has been the best day I've had pretty much all week now that I'm able to take sub again. Fuck fentanyl analogs dude.... pure evil.. only get you high for a few hours and prevent you from taking subs for 3 days while simultaneously causing horrible WD within 12-24 hrs. Fucking so glad this shit is over... for now anyway.

I can vouch for the kratom statement. I was able to kick oxy with a combination of benzos, kratom, and weed--but in that same breath, tha was only after rationing my oxy dose as low as I could go. I'm talking 1.25mg low. This next time around my jump off is gonna be higher at 10mg, so the kratom might be useless this next time around. :(
The kratom will still help, however you might require larger doses, in which case I highly recommend at least trying it.

If you weren't tapering, what is your tolerance like? Back when I was mainly an oxy user, I would use kratom as a wothdrawal prevention tool, however my tolerance had gotten so bad I'd basically have to take 60 capsules of 500mg of my chosen strain to get the desired effects. However most people claim as little as 1-2 grams a day helped them kick the oxy.

It's very much a case by case thing.

It seems to be one of the less commonly prescribed benzos for some reason. I actually thought it was an RC, but apparently it's scheduled and prescribable.

At the end of the day, I've found combining long acting and short acting benzos to be the absolute best method for sedation during acute WD. Clonazepam/Diazepam and Lorazepam/Alprazolam are my preffered combinations along with a 12.5 mg ER Ambien or 2.

Keep in mind I'm extremely benzo tolerant, and in no way do I recommend someone who isn't combine these drugs while also in the very vulnerable position of kicking cold turkey unless they have a great deal of resolve or naltrexone on hand and in their system while doing so. All ot would take is "one more bag" in the middle of your detox and your life could be over. Better safe than sorry. Those receptors are already empty, might as well block them with an antagonist and play it safe unless you are in a clinical setting where you're under the care of doctors and can't call the plug.

I've kicked literally every opioid I can think of CT at one point or another and I'd be more than happy to share my methods. I basically just consider what I do to be similar to the new method of rapid detox in which you're In a coma for 4 days, except I don't do the full coma. The physical part is the easy part to get through really. Its the depression and boredom that last for months-years due to PAWS that become the real conscern once you're at about day 7 as the physical symptoms should be subsiding by then.

Hope you keep posting. Interested to see how both of our current detox attempts turn out.

I was finally able to re-induct on suboxone tonight after 3 days of agony due to a run on the "purple dope" I went on the last couple weeks. That shit SUCKED. First 2 times I tried I was thrown onto horrible Bupe induced PWs even though I was scoring a 15 or higher on the COWS test. I wasn't sure I was gonna be able to do it. I was trying to find a methadone clinic instead because I was so afraid of that happening again I didn't wanna even look at a suboxone but luckily I have parents who save their old unused meds, and I was able to use legit Oxy in order to bridge the gap I needed to get back on the subs. Basically I did a form of the bernese method that I'd modified to suit my situation. Luckily it seems to have worked as I'm now up and walking around and actually able to talk to someone without wanting to throw a brick at them. Today has been the best day I've had pretty much all week now that I'm able to take sub again. Fuck fentanyl analogs dude.... pure evil.. only get you high for a few hours and prevent you from taking subs for 3 days while simultaneously causing horrible WD within 12-24 hrs. Fucking so glad this shit is over... for now anyway.
I've always wondered how effective a medically induced coma would be for withdrawals. It would be nice to sleep or black out through the worst of it. And I can totally see fentanyl giving a nasty withdrawal compared to other opiates. I haven't had withdrawals from fentanyl (yet), but I've noticed that when it wears off, the jones is more aggressive than say oxy or morphine. Weird, because i prefer morphine and oxy, but the cravings aren't as intense as fentanyl. I always assumed that synthetic opioids had worse side effects than natural opiates.

The kratom will still help, however you might require larger doses, in which case I highly recommend at least trying it.

If you weren't tapering, what is your tolerance like? Back when I was mainly an oxy user, I would use kratom as a wothdrawal prevention tool, however my tolerance had gotten so bad I'd basically have to take 60 capsules of 500mg of my chosen strain to get the desired effects. However most people claim as little as 1-2 grams a day helped them kick the oxy.

It's very much a case by case thing.
When I'm not tapering, my tolerance to oxy is 200mg, morphine is 300mg, and fentanyl is 100mcg. As of now, I try to only take 10mg of oxy before bed. When I'm in pain or really stressed out, I can still handle the high doses I mentioned.

I'm tempted to try methadone or suboxone treatment, but I know in the long run it'll just prolonged the recovery process or worse--become another addiction. Kratom and various benzos helped me the last time I had withdrawals (granted at the time I was also able to ration my dose of oxy down to practically nothing before the big jump off), but I eventually ran out of benzos and kratom became expensive...so in other words, I said fuck it and relapsed. I felt like a failure, but I'll give it another try eventually.
You're not a failure of you're still trying, eh?
Relapse is part of recovery. It happens and it's okay as long as you don't use that as a crutch to constantly relapse. Which most do...

That being said most of the substances we are talking about are rather addictive in their own right, particularly the benzos.

Due to covid, the federal government has allowed telehealth service for MAT exclusively for suboxone while methadone keeps you shackled to a clinic. You can literally schedule a telehealth appointment right now, and talk to a doctor in the morning and get a script for suboxone by the end of tomorrow afternoon. Of you wanna get on methadone it take like a week to get in to see the doctor and by then you'll be through the worst of it anyway and methadone as a full agonist has no blocking effect, another shortcoming if you truly want to stay "clean." Wanna go on vacation? Can't. Wanna sleep in? Better not..... they stop dosing at 9 am at the latest at most places and start at 5 am. The lines are long as shit, the clinics are crowded, and they are typically cash pay only and for profit businesses.

I think of suboxone as an antidepressant and studies have shown its actually rather effective when used for such purposes. You can get a script, use only what you need, do a very short taper (I'm talking 2-3 days of Buperenorphine) and then discontinue using them just like at a medical detox, except the catch is now you'll have a script of suboxone on the cabinet for those days you're having really bad cravings because of PAWS. Then, you can just take like 2mg of sub either SL or IN, feel pretty nice, and the craving will be gone. It's a much better method than simply switching to a different opioid that the government gives us permission to be addicted to. You're not "addicted" in the physical sense using this method of MAT, but because opioid abuse disorder is a chronic mental illness and you'll be going through a lot of mental shit for the first few months it's REALLY nice to know you have thay safety net sitting in your medicine cabinet right where the oxy used to be.

Methadone is a good option if you are gonna start at the standard 20-30mg and titrate down very quickly, but neither of them should really be used on a daily basis for extended periods or you'll be doing exactly what you said. Trading one addiction for another.

I hope all that makes sense? It does to me because I've been through all this shit and done all of it already but trying to figure it out isn't easy and everybody has dofferent needs when it comes to recovery. Take care of yourself and do what you have to in order to stay alive
That's whats most important. You living. I've found I'm much more functional on subs than I ever was on methadone btw. On t
he Done I'd be at the clinic first thing in the morning at 4:30 sharp to get in the front of the line, od get my dose and the rest of the day I'm a zombie. The subs are a much more functional substance due to being a partial agonist woth reduced sedative properties. Non-tolerant me would compare a sub buzz to something like hydrocodone which is more of an upbeat kinda opiate, oddly enough. While methadone is much more like traditional oxy in the sense thay it's very sedating and hard hitting. Subs are practically not even noticeable and they can be combined with benzos safely. Idc what the label says. It's perfectly safe despite what many claim. Bupe doesn't possess the ability to cause enough respiratory depression for combined overdose with other drugs like benzos unless you're literally trying to kill yourself and have no tolerance to either class of drug.

Be safe, hang in there dude. You got this.

I've always wondered how effective a medically induced coma would be for withdrawals. It would be nice to sleep or black out through the worst of it. And I can totally see fentanyl giving a nasty withdrawal compared to other opiates. I haven't had withdrawals from fentanyl (yet), but I've noticed that when it wears off, the jones is more aggressive than say oxy or morphine. Weird, because i prefer morphine and oxy, but the cravings aren't as intense as fentanyl. I always assumed that synthetic opioids had worse side effects than natural opiates.
It honestly depends on the fentanyl analogues that you get sold to you as "dope." There are so many now doctors don't even know how to properly detox fentanyl dependent users and often cause them to go into horrible precipitated withdrawal.

In terms of side effects. That's all somewhat subjective. I personally find the depression that comes with semi-synthetic opioid WD to be much more difficult to manage than the severe physical symptoms caused by full synthetics like fentanyl and its many analogues.

Again, this is just anecdotal. I'm not a doctor, just a dude who likes to study pharmacology and has been trying to get clean for too many years...

I hope what ive been saying has been somewhat helpful btw, I wanna help.

As for the Jonesing being more aggressive. That would be because the initial physical WD are MUCH worse and come on faster than with semi synthetics. Fent dependants are often very sick like 6 hours into abstinence and can't take a sub for at least 48 hours. This is when methadone becomes a key player in getting clean. Way better than sub. But for stuff like oxy, heroin, hydro, and morphine I find sub to be the better detox drug of detox is truly your intention. If you just wanna hold yourself over until you can re-up then methadone is the way to go regardless of your DOC, if you wanna do a fast taper off less potent prescription opioids, bupe Is vastly superior to methadone in the sense that you simply feel just not sick rather than methadone which honestly gets me fucked up pretty good.

Thays not a suggestion to do so, just speaking truths.

When I'm not tapering, my tolerance to oxy is 200mg, morphine is 300mg, and fentanyl is 100mcg. As of now, I try to only take 10mg of oxy before bed. When I'm in pain or really stressed out, I can still handle the high doses I mentioned.
Have you noticed that your tolerance is dropping despite the fact you can still handle those doses?

Are those daily dosages or how you dose multiple times daily? What is ot like when you completely discontinue your use? Do you have intense physical withdrawals or are they kinda just aches and pains with lots of mental symptoms like depression, cravings, and anxiety? Clearly sleep is an issue as you've said.

Both are very important in determining whether or not kratom would even be worth trying. I'd honestly say using the modified Bernese method like I did with Bupe will be your best bet with your tolerance/habit. Your tolerance sounds similar to mine, and if I had to take kratom for the withdrawal I'd probably be shitting Kratom tree branches. Trust me. Get a script for subs from a telehealth doctor before you run out and your bones feel like they're shattering from the inside out. It will NOT be fun. Right now youre technically "warm turkey" and still using full agonists. So it's kinda like you're using methadone except you don't have a long enough half life with the short acting drugs to not go into withdrawals by the time your next dose is due.

Wait as close to 24 hrs after your last dose of oxy before dosing the first dose of Bupe. If you have one more left for tomorrow, then its the perfect time to get a script.

Immodium (loperamide), diazepam or clonazepam (I prefer diazepam cos I find it relaxes sore muscles more), Xanax for times you're wanting to run out and score, zopiclone for help sleeping, and most importantly pregabalin. It takes away a lot of the withdrawal.
Don't do this for more than 2 weeks maximum as the benzos and pregabalin withdrawal is worse than H etc. although never done fent.
Hot baths, walks in quiet places, beautiful music (which sounds even better I'm withdraws emotions as heightened a lot). Get a good book and some good movies. I remember reading Skagboys during a rattle and it was quite good for distracting me, and it shows the horrible life opioid addiction brings.
Best way to sleep is have a hot bath, read in bath, pop some zopiclone or temazepam or whatever, get out of bath and read in bed.
There are times where sleep will simply be impossible, but hang in there and you'll drop eventually. Sleep will get better gradually. For me I'll have 15 mins, then half an hour, then an hour, and so on.

I agree, also the imagery of somebody taking sleeping pills while in a bathtub is hilarious to me for some reason.

I've taken a lot of sleeping pills and benzos, but never during the bathing process; it's kind of next level.

I agree, also the imagery of somebody taking sleeping pills while in a bathtub is hilarious to me for some reason.

I've taken a lot of sleeping pills and benzos, but never during the bathing process; it's kind of next level.
Lol no please folks don't take large amounts of sleeping pills in the bath. I mean just before getting out!!

You're not a failure of you're still trying, eh?
Relapse is part of recovery. It happens and it's okay as long as you don't use that as a crutch to constantly relapse. Which most do...

That being said most of the substances we are talking about are rather addictive in their own right, particularly the benzos.

Due to covid, the federal government has allowed telehealth service for MAT exclusively for suboxone while methadone keeps you shackled to a clinic. You can literally schedule a telehealth appointment right now, and talk to a doctor in the morning and get a script for suboxone by the end of tomorrow afternoon. Of you wanna get on methadone it take like a week to get in to see the doctor and by then you'll be through the worst of it anyway and methadone as a full agonist has no blocking effect, another shortcoming if you truly want to stay "clean." Wanna go on vacation? Can't. Wanna sleep in? Better not..... they stop dosing at 9 am at the latest at most places and start at 5 am. The lines are long as shit, the clinics are crowded, and they are typically cash pay only and for profit businesses.

I think of suboxone as an antidepressant and studies have shown its actually rather effective when used for such purposes. You can get a script, use only what you need, do a very short taper (I'm talking 2-3 days of Buperenorphine) and then discontinue using them just like at a medical detox, except the catch is now you'll have a script of suboxone on the cabinet for those days you're having really bad cravings because of PAWS. Then, you can just take like 2mg of sub either SL or IN, feel pretty nice, and the craving will be gone. It's a much better method than simply switching to a different opioid that the government gives us permission to be addicted to. You're not "addicted" in the physical sense using this method of MAT, but because opioid abuse disorder is a chronic mental illness and you'll be going through a lot of mental shit for the first few months it's REALLY nice to know you have thay safety net sitting in your medicine cabinet right where the oxy used to be.

Methadone is a good option if you are gonna start at the standard 20-30mg and titrate down very quickly, but neither of them should really be used on a daily basis for extended periods or you'll be doing exactly what you said. Trading one addiction for another.

I hope all that makes sense? It does to me because I've been through all this shit and done all of it already but trying to figure it out isn't easy and everybody has dofferent needs when it comes to recovery. Take care of yourself and do what you have to in order to stay alive
That's whats most important. You living. I've found I'm much more functional on subs than I ever was on methadone btw. On t
he Done I'd be at the clinic first thing in the morning at 4:30 sharp to get in the front of the line, od get my dose and the rest of the day I'm a zombie. The subs are a much more functional substance due to being a partial agonist woth reduced sedative properties. Non-tolerant me would compare a sub buzz to something like hydrocodone which is more of an upbeat kinda opiate, oddly enough. While methadone is much more like traditional oxy in the sense thay it's very sedating and hard hitting. Subs are practically not even noticeable and they can be combined with benzos safely. Idc what the label says. It's perfectly safe despite what many claim. Bupe doesn't possess the ability to cause enough respiratory depression for combined overdose with other drugs like benzos unless you're literally trying to kill yourself and have no tolerance to either class of drug.

Be safe, hang in there dude. You got this.
Yeah, there's a methadone clinic here in town that's open Monday - Friday or Saturday, but like you said, it's only for a morning dosage. I heard good things about subs, but I also heard you need to wait til you're 2 days into withdrawal to avoid triggering severe withdrawals if you take it too soon from your last dose. I suppose it would be a better option than methadone though, but I've never taken subs before. I have some experience with methadone and know it has a long half-life. I appreciate the advice and support. I'm still struggling with addiction, unfortunately.

Last edited:
It honestly depends on the fentanyl analogues that you get sold to you as "dope." There are so many now doctors don't even know how to properly detox fentanyl dependent users and often cause them to go into horrible precipitated withdrawal.

In terms of side effects. That's all somewhat subjective. I personally find the depression that comes with semi-synthetic opioid WD to be much more difficult to manage than the severe physical symptoms caused by full synthetics like fentanyl and its many analogues.

Again, this is just anecdotal. I'm not a doctor, just a dude who likes to study pharmacology and has been trying to get clean for too many years...

I hope what ive been saying has been somewhat helpful btw, I wanna help.

As for the Jonesing being more aggressive. That would be because the initial physical WD are MUCH worse and come on faster than with semi synthetics. Fent dependants are often very sick like 6 hours into abstinence and can't take a sub for at least 48 hours. This is when methadone becomes a key player in getting clean. Way better than sub. But for stuff like oxy, heroin, hydro, and morphine I find sub to be the better detox drug of detox is truly your intention. If you just wanna hold yourself over until you can re-up then methadone is the way to go regardless of your DOC, if you wanna do a fast taper off less potent prescription opioids, bupe Is vastly superior to methadone in the sense that you simply feel just not sick rather than methadone which honestly gets me fucked up pretty good.

Thays not a suggestion to do so, just speaking truths.
Yeah, the withdrawal with fully synthetic opiates have been far more severe in my experience. Oxy was much easier to quit after tapering than (surprisingly) tramadol, which made me want to kill myself. I couldn't taper low enough from tramadol to avoid withdrawal, oddly enough with it being such a weak opioid. Lately I've been wearing 75mcg fentanyl patches on weekends and I gotta say when I take that patch off, I'm extremely restless, crawling out of my skin, and feeling the intensity of the withdrawal within half a day. Oxy withdrawal was far easier to manage, so I'm trying not to wear the patches everyday. Unfortunately, I think the damage is done though. If I'm gonna taper from patches I gotta take more than 10mg of oxy just so I'm not miserable. Ugh. I hate that I keep fucking up my progress.

Have you noticed that your tolerance is dropping despite the fact you can still handle those doses?

Are those daily dosages or how you dose multiple times daily? What is ot like when you completely discontinue your use? Do you have intense physical withdrawals or are they kinda just aches and pains with lots of mental symptoms like depression, cravings, and anxiety? Clearly sleep is an issue as you've said.

Both are very important in determining whether or not kratom would even be worth trying. I'd honestly say using the modified Bernese method like I did with Bupe will be your best bet with your tolerance/habit. Your tolerance sounds similar to mine, and if I had to take kratom for the withdrawal I'd probably be shitting Kratom tree branches. Trust me. Get a script for subs from a telehealth doctor before you run out and your bones feel like they're shattering from the inside out. It will NOT be fun. Right now youre technically "warm turkey" and still using full agonists. So it's kinda like you're using methadone except you don't have a long enough half life with the short acting drugs to not go into withdrawals by the time your next dose is due.

Wait as close to 24 hrs after your last dose of oxy before dosing the first dose of Bupe. If you have one more left for tomorrow, then its the perfect time to get a script.
The larger doses are doses I would take once monthly. Daily, I was only taking 10mg of oxy once before bed. When I quit for 2 weeks before I relapsed, the withdrawals were easily managed with the help of kratom and whatever benzo was lying around the house from my fiance's emergency stash (he's a drinker/pothead who rarely takes pills). The worst of it was sneezing, nasal sinus issues, insomnia, anxiety, depression, and restlessness. The kratom helped, but it was getting expensive to keep a lid on the cravings for real opiates. After a while, I caved under the stresses from my personal life. It sucks that other problems don't go away to make tackling 1 easier. I might've fucked myself over by wearing fentanyl patches again. When they wear off, the cravings and restlessness are downright unbearable and I either have to take oxy or reapply another patch. I'm trying not to wear them outside of weekends. I already know it's going to be much harder to kick than oxy or morphine. :(

Last edited:
Godsend, btw are u still using opiates?
Yeah, unfortunately. I relapsed after being clean for 2 weeks. I don't have the best will-power under stress and sadly, life always comes with a lot stress regardless of how much you already have on your plate. Somehow, I need to learn how to cope with stress without drugs. That's a big part of the problem aside from withdrawals.

Yeah, unfortunately. I relapsed after being clean for 2 weeks. I don't have the best will-power under stress and sadly, life always comes with a lot stress regardless of how much you already have on your plate. Somehow, I need to learn how to cope with stress without drugs. That's a big part of the problem aside from withdrawals.
I did an odd shot today because my friend offered but I'm not hooked. Staying away from JUNK is something I keep ruminating about how I'm not productive at all when I'm shooting dope.

Yeah, there's a methadone clinic here in town that's open Monday - Friday or Saturday, but like you said, it's only for a morning dosage. I heard good things about subs, but I also heard you need to wait til you're 2 days into withdrawal to avoid triggering severe withdrawals if you take it too soon from your last dose. I suppose it would be a better option than methadone though, but I've never taken subs before. I have some experience with methadone and know it has a long half-life. I appreciate the advice and support. I'm still struggling with addiction, unfortunately.
It's the better option than methadone if you can manage the cravings to take more oxy somehow, at least long enough to not induce the "severe sickness" you're referring to.
With short acting drugs like oxy the best window is between 12-24 hrs. Basically, just wait til your actually physically withdrawing, not just craving a fix, so when your legs are cramping and you cant sit still and you're starting to sweat and have the chills and or stomach issues, on top of all the mental symptoms. Those start at around 8-12 hrs for oxy withdrawals in my experience.

It's called Buperenorphine induced precipitated withdrawal and it sucks balls. I plan on doing a full write up about using the bernese method with oxy/percs specifically for people using street fent that isnmore liphillic and has konger half life than standard fent analogues who experience precipitated wothdrawal despite being medocally observed in full blown withdrawal and sometimes as long as 72 hrs after their last fix. I actually already started a seperate thread about this exact thing and have been adding findings there. I can link if you want.

Your body has to completely metabolize and process the opioids and their metabolites from your last dose before you touch a sub or you risk getting sick ans its a delicate balance between exactly how sixk you actually meed to be before taking one, and every person as well as every specofoc opioid has their own little differences.
That's key. With oxy the window is much smaller than 48-72, which is for long acting drugs, so if you take 80mg OxyContin/oxy ER or methadone then yes, get closer to 48-72 hrs but only if you're taking them orally as directed and not just turning them into IR formulations like most addicts..

Get a script for subs from a telehealth doctor dude, you'll be set and it takes 10 minutes tops and you don't even have to piss test for em anymore. Once you pickup the script, dump your stash and wait as close to 24 hrs after your last oxy as you can; if thats only 20 hours, thats totally fine.. use the COWS scale as a general guideline to gauge how bad your withdrawal is.

Start dosing low at 1mg for the dose. This is a crucial dose. If after 60 mins you slightly improve instead of getting worse, you increase the dose by 1-2mg every 30 mins until you "stabilise" aka "arent sick anymore" then note how much you had to take and taper down from that dose. Only take what you NEED for a taper or you'll quickly become a maintenance patient which really isnt that serious; they fill the scripts like candy since covid gave them the ability to give sub through telehealth. - This is a very standard bupe based induction method and you need only worry about making it to 72 hrs if you are on methadone or other opioids with similar half lives.

Thats also kinda what subs are for.

It's your life. Personally I always found life much easier to deal with when I was on the dope, but I wasn't functional. Even when I was on roxis, that's pretty much what my whole life revolved around. I basically had 3 "modes," thinking about opioids; getting the opioids; being high. Even when I thought i was functional and not shooting up 15-20 times a day, the fact that it takes like 6 months to a year clean before the depression and anxiety start to go away makes its extremely difficult for people who don't go into a controlled treatment environment the most vulnerable to relapse even if they do a proper taper.

GETTING OFF DRUGS IS THE EASY PART; STAYING OFF EM, THATS THE BITCH.

Everybody has to deal with life and responsibilities. Its no excuse not to take care of yourself. We always have a reason not to get help, we don't need to make excuses. We're addicted. That's reason enough to relapse. It's 2023 and we're figuring out more amd more that opioids aren't just effective painkillers for physical pain, they're also phenomenal at regulating emotional pain. You may very well have started on them with good cause but even you know at this point what you're doing to yourself isn't helping. If anything, being actively addicted just adds to the stress we already deal with daily of you truly are a functional addict.

Still wishing you well. Hoping I can be in sublocade by next Friday.

:ROFLMAO:welll take another dose and sleep...or some powerful antypsochotic...as they do it in med.rehab....benzos doesn"t work for me in such case.Alcohol intake is error and would bring even more nausea