Can admiting to hard drugs disqualify me from being a Marine ?

shahab6

Bluelighter
Can admiting to hard drugs disqualify me from being a Marine ?

Today I was in school and these two marine came up to me and ask me if they can ask me questions to see if i can be qualify for the marine, (btw I don't want join, I just wanted to know what kind of questions they ask) One of the questions they ask was if I have ever used any drugs, if yes, which ones, how many times and when. I said yes, only weed and less than 20 times and it was 2 years ago. I wanted to know, if I would of said I have done most drugs over 100 times, and last time it was 4 months ago, would that disqualify me?

they probly have limits for # of times for certain drugs and certain drugs you can never of used, at least thats how it is with police/sheriffs

Generally the military will disqualify applicants who admit to anything beyond MINOR (less than twenty times if memory serves) marijuana use. (Exceptions can be made, but it's more hoops to jump through with no promises.) Generally, if you want to join the military but have used drugs, just don't admit to anything and stay clean while you're in. People in the military are randomly drug tested.

One of those things you just go along with and don't give the truth, such as homosexuality. They ask just for procedure, and don't really want to hear a bad answer. Play along.

On a side note, many agencies are becoming more lenient on this sort of thing. The FBI recently stated that minor marijuana use years back is okay. Before, any drug use at all would disqualify you.

They still give you the polygraph about it though.

I was accepted into marines, did testing and all that shit but back out. I told them i was (relapsed last night) a recovering heroin addict, and i smoke weed still. It didn't really bother them but that might be because my question test was in like the top 2% and i coulda done anything there i wanted to, (my physical was above average aswell but no where near as high as my written test).