• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Came off bupe 2-3 days ago & have smoked a very small amount of heroin since. Could I potentially start taking the bupe again, but earlier than usual?

Daddydopedick

Bluelighter
I don't inject heroin, I smoke it, I smoke it for a few weeks about once a year, then go onto bupe to then taper off. Anyway, not really relevant:

I recently came off a low dose of bupe about 2-3 days ago (I was on 2mg a day and then took 1mg on the final day), I smoked about half a point of pretty weak heroin last night and then at around 3-4:30PM today, I smoked around half a point of strong heroin, that's all though. Altogether, I didn't smoke much at all soon after stopping the bupe.

After smoking it in the past, waiting between 20-24 hours has always been enough for me to start taking bupe again. However, due to certain circumstances, I need to go back onto the buprenorphine I have for the time being.

Given the fact I recently stopped taking bupe and that it's likely still in my system to a degree (the heroin definitely didn't fully hit me + I have a slow-ass metabolism) and the fact I also didn't have that much heroin, does anybody think I could possibly start taking the bupe again but get away with waiting maybe 12-18 hours? Does anybody have any experience with similar circumstances?

I do believe I read a thread once detailing something along these lines and that it was true that you could take bupe sooner if you haven't been smoking heroin for an extended period of time and if the bupe isn't already fully out of your system. However, I wanted to make sure is all, I want to avoid PWD. If I do go ahead and take bupe at say, 16 hours after, I'd start by taking just 1mg.

I last smoked some today at 4:27PM, it is now 11:12PM and I'm feeling okay, another 5 hours and it'll be 16 hours. I had 8mg of Loperamine around ,1-2 hours ago and it took the edge right off, I also have some Kratom and pregabalin in case things get too dicey, but I don't think it will due to the low amount of buoe I was on and the low amount of heroin I smoked.

Any insight into this would be appreciated, thank you in advance for your time!👍🌞

Hi I think I can help you out with some knowledge about this as I'm currently on the bupe program. I see it as simple as before your dabble with heroin were you bupe (1-2mg) daily?
If you were then taking the bupe daily, if less then 1-2 weeks,2 weeks max you will be getting abit of a bupe habit that will be uncomfortable to stop but easily doable!
The fact that you felt the heroin says you don't have a big bulk amount of bupe that's accumulated over a long time. So if it was just a day out and you used about a point of H over a day that will not have you relying on H habitually. It may have even gave you a days rest off the bupe so you could maybe go back on bupe at 1 instead of 2 a day. WAAAAIIIIIT! Please wait as long as you can before starting up your bupe. Using heroin one day won't make you kick onto WDs however the bupe might seem wrong and lead you to need/want more. I'm hopping that helps I'm abit all over the shop tonight lol.
If your daily dose of Bupe is 1mg then you have got the under control. I jumped off 14mgs to zero and I lived and was surprised how much stronger I was then I'd been thinking I was.
That was such a happy time, no chemist,no taking anything and feeling amazing and stable day and night... It wasn't to last as I've started up on a higher dose and down to 14mg a day. I can get by with less and even take it every 2nd day that med lasts so much.

Msg me if you want to talk more details about Bupe or the injections and coming down on them ect. Happy to chat.
Lokeo