• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

calling meth crack

^ that's more than a little racist
no, it's because we are a long way from the smuggling routes of south america.
you know, south america - where cocaine comes from? there's like...oceans in the way and stuff. have a look at a map.
cocaine in australia is often of dubious quality, and extremely expensive.
any crack in australia is probably made by people for their own use out of their own cocaine.
it is not a cheap ghetto drug in australia because cocaine here is very, very expensive.

Small minded racist comments aren't welcome. If it was a joke it wasn't funny, we do have heaps of blacks here (and browns) and to a lesser extent mexicans. Who cares what colour a person is?

In an exclusive interview, Cousins opened up about his obsessive pursuit of hard drugs, including crack and ice, tracing back to his first game as a West Coast Eagle, aged 17.

Some people get some, but i'd imagine spacejunk is on the money, and it is made here from the powder form. I never hear of any busts relating to crack coming in from OS, or locally.

Mexicans seek sanctuary in Australia

There are about 3500 Mexicans living in Australia, more than 800 of whom arrived in the past four years.

here

the calling of meth crack here comes from people calling the glass pipe a crackpipe,which is pretty common, i hear it a bit and i dont smoke, i'm sure it's been said a bit in this thread already.

yea I've heard crack/crackhead.. we prefer to say shabu, cherry ripe and tweaker though ;)

yeah i've noticed aussies starting to throw the term around..
I put it down to the general confusion of the average street user, ice is remnant of what we see on tv of crackheads lol crack pipes, general malaise.

I got disappointed when I met some who said they were smoking 'crack' and I was curious as I've never seen real crack... don't know if I'd actually wanna try it anyway lol but turned out it was ice.

also,sorry,
what is shabu?! I've been told by 2 different people that it's some sort of ice mixed with a psychedelic substance, and others it's just ice with sum stuff in it.. lol
not my personal choice of drinks.. but I am still curious what it actually is.

yea I've heard crack/crackhead.. we prefer to say shabu, cherry ripe and tweaker though ;)

what the fuck?!?!.....cherry ripe?!?!? never heard of this before. Is it like the slang for crack pipe. kind of like calling tomato sauce 'deadhorse'. so cherry ripe is aussie battler slang for crack pipe?

^ rhyming slang i guess yeah.

mary jane, i believe shabu is the name for methamphetamine in a few south east asian countries.
i'm pretty sure it's japanese.
definitely not a drug cocktail, but sometimes meth can cause psychosis - the idea that it is "ice mixed with a psychedelic substance" could come from this.

"it's just ice with sum stuff in it.. lol" - it's really hard to follow what you are actually asking here. are you talking about adulterated drugs, impurities, or something else altogether?
i'm not sure whether you are actually talking about a drink, or if that is just an expression you are using...you might want to try and say things a bit more clearly if you want us to understand what you are talking about.

i'm sure plenty of people here are knowledgeable enough and willing to try and answer any queries you have, but i think you need to be bit more clear in what you type if you want an answer. i'm not meaning to have a go, just offering a suggestion. you have to be fairly specific in order to be understood.

Last edited:
The term annoys me as its very confusing. Im assuming they call it crack because of the paraphernalia used to smoke it. There is quite a bit of exceptional crack in Sydney (made from fairly high grade coke) so its not a correct term. It also shits me bad when people call speed base, there is no such thing unless we are talking about the early stages of the synth which I wont go into.
mate i think the term 'base' came into use cos it was the 'base' form of the meth referred to as 'speed'(snortable powdered stuff). During this time the it should also be noted that 'speed' was the most commonly used, so called 'base' form was more commonly purchased by peoples looking to make z profit and not use personally (well not all) than your average user and many still believed that 'speed' was amphetamine(unfortunity this is still the case). 'ice' was also just an evil sparkle in meths eye lol.

teh crack is also a motza and go real fuckin' fast..very fiendish .. prety good rush but
crack cocaine for me is cocaine without the slow buildup of edgieness when your last snort is wearing out, and cos it hits ya so hard so quickly i have never felt angry or edgie like the powdered stuff. Its got a real wierd taste. It would mzke me loose focus (much like meth can) ie would loose track of time.

oh yeh the first time i tried crack it felt like someone had punched me in the chest, bang. Your chest, heeart feels like its going light speed, lol its hard to explain

Alot of kids around my hood call it crack, like if they are smoking ice they would say smoke crack. When I say that they are using the wrong terminology and that its not smoking crack and that crack is cocaine being cooked up and turned into base they say that's the American crack and the Australian crack is ice/meth and it fkn annoys me hearing it.

I used to get upset about this when i was using the stuff. To me anyone using the term "crack" wasn't a serious smoker...Why bother with all this slang, if you're chasing "shards" then say shards and you will get shards. Prevents any fuck ups with the product when you go to pick up. No surprise glucose infested speed or actual crack rocks.

Now that i've quit using I do refer to people as Crackheads now and again. Has a better ring to it than meth-head, plus there is a hint of onomatopoeia because of the sound that crackhead's teeth are gonna make the next time he or she bites into a slightly stale SAO biscuit. Hope you got dental care crackkie. :)