• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

California Cops Gun Down Unarmed Meth Dealer

Bluelight Crew
http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2013/sep/08/california_cops_gun_down_unarmed

Undercover police in Sunnyvale, California, shot and killed an unarmed alleged methamphetamine dealer last Wednesday afternoon. Juan Ruelas, 34, becomes the 27th person to die in US domestic drug law enforcement operations so far this year.

According to NBC Bay Area News, citing police spokesmen, Ruelas was being investigated by the Santa Clara County Specialized Crimes Action Team (SCAT) and members of a DEA drug task force, whose undercover officers had purchased meth from him several times over the past month. Police set up another buy Wednesday afternoon at a Hobee's restaurant in Sunnyvale, and an undercover officer had just purchased a pound of meth from him when the shooting occurred.

Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety Captain Dave Pitts said that after the deal went down, Ruelas suddenly threatened the officer and said he had a gun. Then, Pitts said, Ruelas "made a movement that led the officer to believe he was reaching for a gun." No fewer than six officers on the scene then opened on fire on Ruelas, mortally wounding him. He died later the same day in a local hospital.

No gun was found.

In an earlier NBC Bay Area News report, a manager at the Motel 6 next door to the restaurant provided a different account. He told reporters that it looked like a driver had been pulled over for a traffic violation. The manager, John Carroll, said officers were shouting at a person in the vehicle to get out of the car. When that person began to comply, police gunfire broke out, he said.

Ruelas' family wants to know what happened, members told ABC News 7. "Our question was, you know, 'Was he armed?'" said Ruelas' sister, Maria Bunker. "And he just told my brother, 'no, we never found a weapon.'"

Bunker also questioned the police narrative of events. "The pictures that we see all over the media, they show his truck being boxed in," Bunker said. "He had a stroke recently so it's like, he wasn't going to run from them."

Police spokesman Pitts said the shooters were five Santa Clara police detectives and a sheriff's detective. The shooting is being investigated by Sunnyvale public safety investigators, who will forward their findings to the county district attorney's office for review.

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2013/sep/08/california_cops_gun_down_unarmed

Since meth is a killer, it is just like having a gun.
Therefore, anyone who has meth should be killed. Simple, right? :|

im not even mad anymore at this shit, too much of it lately. Karma will get them. People need to stop being blind sheep. If it were up to me id throw all the officers involved in shootings were a non police person was killed in jail for eternity and let them rot.

im not even mad anymore at this shit, too much of it lately. Karma will get them. People need to stop being blind sheep. If it were up to me id throw all the officers involved in shootings were a non police person was killed in jail for eternity and let them rot.

Depends on the crime, and most importantly - depends on whether the perpetrator was armed. If the perp was indeed armed, then frankly he deserved it. BUT he wasn't! If the crime involved a definable victim then yes, the perp deserves to have the cops jumping them, something like mugging, robbery, assault, rape, homicide, etc deserves a lethal response from LEOs. But if it's something benign like a small-time dealing or minor theft then no, shooting the perp is definitely unacceptable - unless the perp is armed and likely to open fire. Being a cop is brutal work at times, so I'd give the cops some credit, but taking down a dealer who was not armed and who was not threatening anyone is going too far.

Depends on the crime, and most importantly - depends on whether the perpetrator was armed. If the perp was indeed armed, then frankly he deserved it. BUT he wasn't! If the crime involved a definable victim then yes, the perp deserves to have the cops jumping them, something like mugging, robbery, assault, rape, homicide, etc deserves a lethal response from LEOs. But if it's something benign like a small-time dealing or minor theft then no, shooting the perp is definitely unacceptable - unless the perp is armed and likely to open fire. Being a cop is brutal work at times, so I'd give the cops some credit, but taking down a dealer who was not armed and who was not threatening anyone is going too far.
5-10 % of the people shot down by the douchebags we call cops were rmed. Most of them were too scarry for the cops or something, or made a strange movement, they will justify anyways and a their bitch friends willl back them and they will continue to shoot down uneramed people

5-10 % of the people shot down by the douchebags we call cops were rmed.

83% of statistics on the internet are completely made up

Man, you really ARE Riley from the Boondocks... "Fuck the cops! Fuck the snitches! NUKE EM ALL!"

It sure is going to be funny when you get your house robbed, though

Man, you really ARE Riley from the Boondocks... "Fuck the cops! Fuck the snitches! NUKE EM ALL!"

How do you think the cops are going to help him if he gets his house robbed?

LOL you think its statistics? I never care to read statistics its just a fact. Its just knowledge. Most of the people kiled by cops werent armed at the time of the shootings. Its jsut a fact. Im not Elven Warrior diggin up statistics everytime i try to make a point.

And yes fuck all snitches and fuck most of the cops. Ive met some very cool cops but they are extremely rare. Most of them are sociopaths,narcissits, bullies,etc.

Its funny you mention this ''It sure is going to be funny when you get your house robbed, though''. When i was 9 i heard some footsteps very clearly in my house where i was alone at the time, and i called my mom who called the cops. I didnt know what to do. Well the dickhead came 30 minutes later. But when neighbors called in loud music and ''drug use'' they were there in a matter of 5-10 minutes. So no, i dont give a fuck about cops. Id feel safer at home with a Mad Pitbull than a telephone with 911 on it.

Stop being pissed because somebody actually isnt following the ''sheep'' model fo society.

LOL you think its statistics? I never care to read statistics its just a fact. Its just knowledge. Most of the people kiled by cops werent armed at the time of the shootings. Its jsut a fact. Im not Elven Warrior diggin up statistics everytime i try to make a point.

And yes fuck all snitches and fuck most of the cops. Ive met some very cool cops but they are extremely rare. Most of them are sociopaths,narcissits, bullies,etc.

Its funny you mention this ''It sure is going to be funny when you get your house robbed, though''. When i was 9 i heard some footsteps very clearly in my house where i was alone at the time, and i called my mom who called the cops. I didnt know what to do. Well the dickhead came 30 minutes later. But when neighbors called in loud music and ''drug use'' they were there in a matter of 5-10 minutes. So no, i dont give a fuck about cops. Id feel safer at home with a Mad Pitbull than a telephone with 911 on it.

Stop being pissed because somebody actually isnt following the ''sheep'' model fo society.

I agree whole heartedly.

Cops are most interested in drugs and partying. Almost as if they were me and are such a lazy ass that they're more in it for the highs and $ than saving someone's kids or family members from imminent danger.

Cops are like waiters. If they sense one table is going to tip well, they will attend to that table better. If they see a lot of colored faces, they're more likely to neglect that table.

I really don't feel safe with cops around. I gotta agree with kush. Ever since they passed the no knock home entrance policy ( ie armed home invasion that was designated to keep people from flushing drugs) there have been a substantial rise in civilian deaths at police hands. The saddest part is they are usually on tips from informants that are either paid or trying to escape jail time. If a number of people kick in your door unannounced before sunrise of course your going to protect yourself. Oftentimes they get the wrong address.

I agree whole heartedly.

Cops are most interested in drugs and partying. Almost as if they were me and are such a lazy ass that they're more in it for the highs and $ than saving someone's kids or family members from imminent danger.

Cops are like waiters. If they sense one table is going to tip well, they will attend to that table better. If they see a lot of colored faces, they're more likely to neglect that table.
Haha very good comparison its exactly like that, lets go bust some teenagers smoking weed and drinking beer instead of going to catch that robber and shit. They are hypocrites. I love how they go all ''one less drug dealer on the street'' when they bust a corner guy seeling a few dimebags of weed and a few rocks. Why dont you pull that shit on store that sell liquor and smokes? I mean dont ge me wrong, i drink everyday and i smoke a pack a day, but i think the way society is is fucked up. And cops love following that shit.
I really don't feel safe with cops around. I gotta agree with kush. Ever since they passed the no knock home entrance policy ( ie armed home invasion that was designated to keep people from flushing drugs) there have been a substantial rise in civilian deaths at police hands. The saddest part is they are usually on tips from informants that are either paid or trying to escape jail time. If a number of people kick in your door unannounced before sunrise of course your going to protect yourself. Oftentimes they get the wrong address.
I dont feel safe with cops round either. They are selected for their sociopathic tendencies. Because,you know, its makes perfect sense beating 20 on a 140 pound guy to ''control his ass'' instead of just restraining him, putting on the handcuffs and shit. THey like to cause pain, to kill even sometimes, and they use ''police work'' to justify it. Its fucking sad man.

And the no knock policy is such horse shit. And whenever they kiill somebody in the process oh anyways he was a drug user/dealer so who cares right?

And also thats another reason i hate fucking snitches. Especially those who do it for money. Rotten scum.

Damn right. I mean, when you think about it what are the police? Are they our protectors of justice, sworn to protect us from the evils of the world? Not IMO to me, they're societies designated psychopaths, the people sanctioned to do violence on our behalf; we don't have that right. I read that a society can only have order if the state has a "monopoly on the justified use of force", and I suppose that's fair; I mean it wouldn't be a good thing if we could blow away anybody we don't like the look of, after all. But the state isn't always picky when it's recruiting our designated psychopaths for us. Some of these cops really enjoy blowing people away, I mean these people are seriously trigger happy. It happens a lot over here; people armed with plastic replica guns or even no guns at all have a nasty habit of "death by sub-machine gun fire". And the police of course get commendations and promotions.
And this is just the armed police; possibly every normal police officer I've ever spoken to has been pushy, obnoxious, and hostile. So I'll say it again: to me, the police are psychopaths.

Damn right. I mean, when you think about it what are the police? Are they our protectors of justice, sworn to protect us from the evils of the world? Not IMO to me, they're societies designated psychopaths, the people sanctioned to do violence on our behalf; we don't have that right. I read that a society can only have order if the state has a "monopoly on the justified use of force", and I suppose that's fair; I mean it wouldn't be a good thing if we could blow away anybody we don't like the look of, after all. But the state isn't always picky when it's recruiting our designated psychopaths for us. Some of these cops really enjoy blowing people away, I mean these people are seriously trigger happy. It happens a lot over here; people armed with plastic replica guns or even no guns at all have a nasty habit of "death by sub-machine gun fire". And the police of course get commendations and promotions.
And this is just the armed police; possibly every normal police officer I've ever spoken to has been pushy, obnoxious, and hostile. So I'll say it again: to me, the police are psychopaths.
Xcept for one time, same here with the cops. I especially hate female cops. Like so much. Theyre even worst because they are trying to prove themselves and shit. LIke you said, they are psychopats with a gun and a badge, it would be great if people would realise that
Little known fact: police applicants in the US are given IQ tests, and applicants that score high are refused employment!

No really:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2012/01/too-smart-to-be-a-good-cop/#.UjHFpMZwo3U

Yeah i heard about that they purposely pick up violent idiots lol

5-10 % of the people shot down by the douchebags we call cops were rmed.
i'd love to hear some substantiation of these claims. if it's just a fact, just knowledge, you should have absolutely no trouble finding a couple of references which back up what you're saying here.

thanks.

alasdair

i'd love to hear some substantiation of these claims. if it's just a fact, just knowledge, you should have absolutely no trouble finding a couple of references which back up what you're saying here.

thanks.

alasdair
You want to go get you some statistics? I could, if you reall want to i will, i just dont care and dont base my opnion on stats. Its just over the last coule of years, everytime almost every second day ''police kill a man they though was armed''. This is whitout saying how many times they pull the ''hes armed shoot his ass'' trick and in the news its get reported as '' Armed suspect''.

If you really want to i will go and digg up statistics, i just odnt see the point

Dead people can't defend themselves.

Ruelas suddenly threatened the officer and said he had a gun. Then, Pitts said, Ruelas "made a movement that led the officer to believe he was reaching for a gun."

Sounds pretty made up to me.. if an average person shot an unarmed person and said that? Fail=prison.

Just a bunch of thugs above the law that are free to murder and pillage.