• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Caffeine = more pain??

Zonxx

Bluelighter
So I just recently started enjoying my coffee again after a long time of not drinking it because I didn't see a reason to drink it and do coke at the same time, but coffee alone seems to increase my pain levels by a decent amount which is odd since they say it's supposed to reduce them?

I'm not sure caffeine itself has an analgesic effect, I think it just boosts the painkilling effect when taken with an opiate.

How much coffee are we talking about about here? Is it possible its unrelated ?

idk lets say 2 cups of coffee - not much which is surprising to me, im thinking its making me more alert thus noticing my pain more but on a related note... cocaine tends to kill my pain so go figure im baffled, it would suck if i wouldn't be able to enjoy a cup o'joe just because it'd make me notice my pain more :/
i also don't remember this happening a few months ago when i just randomly stopped drinking coffee which is extremely weird
as i write this reply, im forced to take one of my opiate doses earlier than i would usually, 2-3 hours earlier as a matter a fact

An update - so I just enjoyed an iced coffee with some adderall in it ( nodded out /slept for a good 6 hours) and I'm not getting that pain from earlier I think you were spot on it was just worse, I'm not used to it being worse than usual because I tend to take my meds ahead of the pain to stay on top of it
But I didn't risk it with a normal coffee either, made a nice sweet beverage instead of a solid cup o Joe