• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Buying syringes in VA- no needle exchanges here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinnedprincess14

Greenlighter
Buying syringes in Virginia
Buying syringes In Virginia
Okay so I am new here, this is my first post and I do apologize if I do anything wrong. But you have all helped me in many ways. I have a question in terms of harm reduction,

I need new syringes, I know generally from reading on here that most pharmacies make you show proof of diabetes. Especially in VA. I used to get syringes ( before I was an addict ) from an injectable drug called methotrexate ( form of chemo ) for rheumatoid arthritis. Now I am not on this drug anymore but I have prior history being on the drug and Im sure it should be on my records that the pharmacist could look up.

My main question here is, what should I say using this knowledge I have? Should I say I need more because I am planning on starting again? ( I actually really am ) or should I say I need more because I had some methotrexate that has not expired and was advised to take it by doctor?

Also will the pharmacist notify my doctor that I asked for these syringes? Because if so that is a red flag for me.

- by the way they were insulin syringes with the orange top 30 gauge, should I mention this as well? Do I need to be more specific about the syringes besides gauge size ?

* previous post was closed due to mod thinking this isn?t harm reduction, yet this is he exact definition of harm reduction. VA does Not currently have any needle exchanges and the mod said otherwise, also telling me not to IV drugs. I?m not sure why, because there are tons of threads dedicated to IV drug use, and also threads dedicated to getting syringes in states without needle exchanges- I would appreciate it if I could get some answers without this thread being closed, as all I am trying to do is reduce harm, and not use dirty needles, thank you.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/showthread.php?t=441015

We don't allow discussion on how to fool a doctor/ pharmacist into getting drugs/paraphernalia. In Virginia you need a written reason from a doctor to receive syringes, last year a law was passed which allowed for needle exchanges in virginia. I'm sorry I have to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.