• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Buying IV Equipment.

Thanks Footscrazy,

Im after some 25g Butterfly clips (winged infusion sets) I did the ring around last night with no luck. Will try those. thanks.

Ask for a "Sharps Kit" from your local pharmacy...or go and visit a Needle Exchange Service in your city.

I have been to 5 local pharmacy with no luck, aswell as calling another 6 or so. knox hospital pharmacy atleast had the lure lock syringes. maybe they didnt know what i was talking about,
need to ask for a "Sharps kit" perhaps? Ill give that a try tomorrow. Thanks Kazza!

Sharps kit don't have butterfly clips'.
As per the earlier posts, you want a butterfly kit (you should just ask for butterfly clips)
I'm sure you can find some butterfly clips in melb, good luck.

I gave up, just ordered some on line, $30 for 50 seemed OK. I got 27g, but think 25g might have been a better size.

Only just saw this. You can buy butterflies from Inner Space in Johnson St Collingwood and Health Works in Buckley St Footscray. About 70-80c each I think and 25g or 23g available with 30cm tubes.

^ What are you looking for in particular? The last time I went to Turning Point in Fitzroy they had a wide selection of different gauge needles and other injecting equipment. This was awhile ago I admit but I know the needle exchange is still there and I really doubt they'd have changed their range. It's at 54/62 Gertrude St Fitzroy. (03) 8413 8413. Also, I reckon you could call directline on 1800 888 236, it's a drug and alcohol counselling line, but I've found them helpful for locating drug related services, like this. I don't know why those numbers are coming up as skype numbers :\
The NSP worker at TP is awesome - however if you're in that neck of the woods you'll get far more stuff from Inner Space - on Johnston St near the corner of Smith St down the hill in Collingwood.

Question: Bacteriostatic water or just sterile water? i intend to buy from medical supply source? Thanks!

lol. where does your kettle get its supply from?

Last edited:
LOL

If you think your tap water is unsafe for IV after being boiled you have little concept of safe injection practice.

Bacteriostatic water is overkill, even sterile water or saline is unless you have AIDS or something.

I mean come on, if you don't even know what to mix your drugs with I doubt you know what size micron filter to be using..
Watching cunts butcher their veins is worse than banging toilet water.

Priorities, guys.

You can't be too safe, though. Better get some bacteriostatic water. Use a new syringe each time, no changing needles no way your whole rig could be infected by now.
Have you used that tourniquet twice? Look how close it is to the IV site man, do you want an infection? Go buy a new one!
You already put that cotton over the wound! What are you thinking? Go get some new cotton!
Make sure to dip it in isopropyl alcohol to get rid of all the bacteria!

LOL

If you think your tap water is unsafe for IV after being boiled you have little concept of safe injection practice.

Bacteriostatic water is overkill, even sterile water or saline is unless you have AIDS or something.

I mean come on, if you don't even know what to mix your drugs with I doubt you know what size micron filter to be using..
Watching cunts butcher their veins is worse than banging toilet water.

Priorities, guys.

You can't be too safe, though. Better get some bacteriostatic water. Use a new syringe each time, no changing needles no way your whole rig could be infected by now.
Have you used that tourniquet twice? Look how close it is to the IV site man, do you want an infection? Go buy a new one!
You already put that cotton over the wound! What are you thinking? Go get some new cotton!
Make sure to dip it in isopropyl alcohol to get rid of all the bacteria!

Better safe than sorry.

NSP doesn't provide bacteriostatic water, and sterile water 10ml ampoules are only 50c from what I can remember. Also a tip: the butterflies are free at NSPs in Queensland. They come with a pink cap which can be screwed onto the opened ampoules of sterile water, so you can recap the ampoules for later use.

Bacteriostatic water makes sense if you intend to make up your drugs and then keep them for a few days before actually injecting them. Otherwise sterile is fine. Tap water in Melbourne is actually pretty good so if that's all you've got you should be ok. Freshly boiled then cooled is a good step if you are concerned or outside metro Melbourne in Victoria.

Huummmm.... How much drugs are we talking about taking grams?? Hell yeah, strap me in! Grab 1 liter normal saline bag's, they last a while... attach a burette to the bag and the line to the butterfly. Mix the dose of drug with x amount of H20 for injection. Draw up using 18 gauge needle into 20-50 ml syringe, depending on DOC and solubility etc, add to the liter of N/S via 18 gauge cannula. Prime that bad boy and set up your butterfly rig subcut is good but you will need to take drip rate and ml per hour into consideration or you will end up with edema. IM better but still not to fast or the same problem. IV good but fluid overload is a bitch bring the piss pot near your IV stand. Run that fucker over 4-6 hours. Get thoroughly fucked off your head William Leonard Pickard on DMT infusion style!!! NOW YOUR FUCKING TALKING! ;)

Last edited:
well, gee whiz...i just want to slam .5 of ice once a week or so....i have been using bottled water, new everything every time. What is a butterfly??

You have no need for a butterfly. They are often used in a hosptial setting when the needle needs to be attached for a long peroid of time. They're handy if you need to inject a lot of liquid into you, you can switch barrels without removing the needle.

122.jpg

bottled water is worse than tap water.
please don't iv with bottled water.

all right, thank you, i won't. i have not found water for injection at the pharmacy. i will order it online.

It depends if you live with tank water that comes out of a tap, who knows how much shit is in that or worse still, bore water that comes out of a tap you'd be probably getting less bacteria from your toilet (which has "tap water"). Just because it comes out of a tap, the tap is not some magical item that removes all bacteria. It depends greatly with what city/country you live in. You can't just say that "tap water is better than bottled water". If you have nothing better, bottled water is not going to be worse than spitting into your spoon, even if you put it through a tap first! Sucking water out of the toilet you just pissed in, then putting that through a tap is still not the best idea, taps are not the pinnacle of harm reduction. Your words make no sense Abject. Tap water is not better than bottled water in a lot of cases.

Edit: I can see your response: "But bottled water is just tap water anyway, you ignorant moron". Yes, bottled water usually is tap water. They also have regulations, and I know from reading studies that contaminants vary wildly from each brand and to each batch. But to suggest that they are more dangerous than "tap water" is very dangerous. What tap? Where? How long has it been sitting there after being "filtered" through this special "tap" device? What temp? What conditions? Fuck it, you can tell I've had too many gaba's. I'll have to apologize tomorrow but that's just ignorant, saying that tap water is better than bottled water.

Last edited:
If you live in the suburbs of any capital city in Australia the water from your kitchen tap is relatively safe (save for the intentionally added toxic chems in low doses)
When I say relatively safe, in relation to bottled water your tap water will have a considerably lower bacteria count.
On top of that, boiling the tap water will kill enough germs to make it completely safe (the water that is, not injecting) (...so long as you aren't banging hot water)

This is AusDD, and given that, everything you're saying about tap water only applies to people with rural water lines or people running off bore water which they would be aware of, or lines with recycled water which evidently still have a normal line going into the kitchen. I'm not here to talk about common sense and go into circumstances that apply to very few.
You can talk your bullshit variables, but if my words make no sense to you then I'd feel safe saying it's you and not what I'm saying.

If you need it explicitly explained, the order would be: unopened bacteriostatic, unopened sterile, boiled water, kitchen tap water (for metropolitan australians), bottled water (which almost always has a higher bacteria count than first world tap water), hot tap water (doesn't get hot enough to kill bacteria, so the constant heating and cooling in the tank facilitates bacterial growth), toilet water, spit piss puddles and fruit juice, shared water sources.

Once again, your variables on taps does not apply to AusDD as I would bet $1000 any bottle of water you find at the shops will have more bacteria than any tap kitchen tap you use in the city (again pH can be an issue for some, but it goes against HR to use bottled water unless you're rural or running on bore/rain, or live in a country that isn't Australia, in which case you should know the water referred to in Australian specific forums would vary from your own.

I can't believe I had to explain this.

Last edited: