Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Buying IV Equipment.

8L4YN3

Bluelighter
Howdy all.
Sorry if this is a dumb question but i'm going to shoot anyways..

Do chemists in Australia sell butterfly clips and other IV equipment other than your standard sharps kit(the 5 fits, saline, filter, you know the deal).

Pretty much i want to obtain a few butterfly clips and some big barrels. I'm not quite sure exactly what size syringe i'd want but pretty big as i'll have a fair bit of liquid to pump into my arm per "high" so to speak.

I also may even need to use a couple syringes, thus the butterfly clip so i can just tape it down so i'm secure in the vein and can switch rigs and continue dosing, and it would just be pretty fucking hard/silly to register and inject with just a needle directly on the end of a fucking huge barrel lol.

If chemists do have them where exactly can i find this type of medical equipment, can i legally even buy butterfly clips? Obviously the big barrels have other uses.

Before anyone inquires i want this equipment for IV administration of methadone solution, note it is literally a solution containing methadone 5mg per mL, tiny bit of ethanol, another preservative, food colouring and some other chemical i forget, but it is much more watery and safe for injecting than the old Methadone syrup. I also do have a booklet that says clearly exactly what chemicals are dissolved into the purified water.

I also 100% realise what i'm doing by injecting that much liquid into a vein and the nature of the solution i'm using. I have no plans for frequent injecting of methadone, i just want to experience it for myself to determine if it is even worth a shot every few weeks for the fun of it, or if people are purely doing it for the sake of injecting it and oral use proves to be just as effective.

In the case of oral use being just as effective as IV use i will not bother damaging myself just so i can inject my methadone, i'm not that silly. Just really itching for a shot of some opiate, and cant go slamming heroin right now because i'm expecting to be piss tested any day now. I like to have a shot of morphine or heroin every month or two, nothing remotely close to an IV fetish but it does play on my mind a little bit. But easily ignorable.

Cheers guys.%)

Last edited:
Id try evaporating the solution down if possible. Also im not sure how much "liquid" per hour u can inject safely. probably 100ml per hour. Probably Online might be a good source or if you know anyone who works in a hospital. Im sure chemists would sell these to a patient whom requires them but may need to order them in.

What state are you in? In many Australian states, butterflies are available at your local NSP. NSW have restricted access to butterflies through NSPs that are funded by the government, but private pharmacies are still free to sell them.

I was told by the Pharmacy Guild branch in QLD that they do sell butterfly kits, not sure how many pharmacies stock them though.

Incidentally, I was surprised to see QLD has the highest rate of pharmacies carrying sharps kits in Australia, if I remember correctly it was up near 80-90%... the state has a low rate of methadone program pharmacies though, I think only a third take part.

Ok, I know for sure that SAVIVE at Norwood, Noarlunga, Angle Park, Salisbury and Port Adelaide stock butterflies for free. http://www.acsa.org.au/savive.html You can get a box of 50. I use 10 ml syringes as the 20 mls don't jack or push in as easily. I'm not sure about evaporating it as you could lose some of the drug during the heating.

I've been whacking my methadone on an almost daily basis for approx 9 years. Put it this way, I don't drink it unless I am fully supervised. If it's the brown methadone, I wouldn't suggest injecting it. If it's the red stuff (biodone forte) then that's safer as long as you keep your process sterile, as follows.

What I do is get a micron/wheel filter (blue 0.2 - you get them from the exchange too - $1 each, one filters as much as you're going to whack right then), open up your ten mls but leave them in the pack. Fill up a ten ml with methadone then attach a micron wheel filter to the end of the barrel then attach a needle (anything from a drawing up needle to a 19 or 21 gauge - you can get these free from the NSP.)

Now open up a fresh syringe all the way so its full of air and put the needle into the the empty barrel where you usually would attach the needle. Push the methadone through the filter and needle into the empty barrel. Have all your barrels opened up so you can smoothly pull the needle out of one barrel and into the next (so as to avoid contamination with air or any surface.) Then take the original barrel off and fill up with 10 more mls and push that through the filter. Repeat until filtered. It's definitely worth using wheel filters as the 0.2s get rid of all/most bacteria. It makes a huge difference believe me!

You can filter it in the opposite direction, i.e - suck up the methadone through the filter but I find that it filters quicker by pushing through rather than sucking up.

Keep it in mind that the drawing up syringe and that side of the filter is "non sterile" and the needle, other side of the filter, and syringe you're filling are "sterile" so try and maintain that separation. So don't let the needle or the end of the 'filtered methadone' syringe come in contact with anything. If you need to put the syringe filter combo down, put the cap on the end and each filtered syringe should go straight into the packaging. And if you push through the methadone, you cannot then filter by drawing up methadone as that side of the filter has all the bacteria on it. (This is probably obvious but just pointing these things out cos u don't want a dirty hit.) I did everything real clean and I still used to get dirties using 0.45 wheel filters until I used the 0.2s.

I usually filter a 10 ml of water before I filter the methadone. This does two things a) it wets the filter, if you use methadone, you'll lose about 0.8 of a ml in the filter.
b) you can use the water to prime the line and only change it over to the methadone syringe once you are sure you have the vein. I might inject a couple of mls of water so I know the vein is not going to fuck out on me. This way, if you get blood in the syringe, you haven't clotted up your methadone. If it gets too bloody you can just filter another water syringe.
c) Also, if you need several goes to find a vein, each time you change butterflies, you need to prime the line again. This can add up to a lot of lost fluid. I could end up with half a 10 ml syringe left by the time I get the vein!

In order to keep the chances high that you get the vein and keep your veins in better shape, it's better to use each butterfly once only. Some NSPs sell them for 80c or $1 each. Goto a SAVIVE NSP as you can get a box of 50 free there and that way u can use a new one each try.

I find that if you want to tape the fly, it's better to tape the tubing than to tape the wing. Taping the wing pushes the needle up against the vein wall. You can also use a folded up tissue or a couple of swabs or a packaged butterfly under the wings just to lift it up to the right angle so blood can jack. This is once you have the vein and are securing it. Once you are in the vein, you can also turn the fly 180 degrees so the hole is facing down. Sometimes this will help, sometimes not. But when the hole is upside down, you can push it very gently in without piercing through the other side. This can also put the tubing in a better position to tape down. You can tape it even half way up the tubing.

I usually set my area up with some snacks, newspaper/magazines, foxtel remote etc as I sit there leisurely and push it in at my own pace. You will know how fast to push it as if you go too fast, it will sting or you could lose the vein. So, depending on how big the vein is or where it is, combined with resistance and whether it is stinging, you will figure out the pace to push it in at. I find that if you close your eyes you get a better buzz. Maybe if you recline a bit. <----(You might realise from this that the buzz is not as strong as with other drugs, but if you encourage it, it's there.) You might want to put a pillow on your lap to support the arm or hand if applicable.

Sometimes a bar heater infront of you can give a bit of extra light to find a vein and heat to open up the veins. Have a shower and some water or juice to bring up the veins. And that's my recipe for whacking methadone!

I used to use just syringes with a separate needle 'tip' on the end and actually change syringes with just the tip in my arm, oh i thought i was so skillful, lol. But trust me, it's so much easier with butterflies!

Any questions, please ask.

Last edited:
^Cheers heaps man yeah i get Biodone Forte, it's just as you described super watery, red, very bitter, there is obviously no sweetening agent in it hah.

... Are you in the adelaide area i want to talk to you further your expertise may come in handy haha. Cheers dude.

I'm assuming you're obviously on MMT in South Australia somewhere, i'm the same i go to that warinilla place to dose atm, i've only been on the program for 3 months and i started on bupe initially so i've been dosing at the main clinic longer than usual because i swapped drugs and what not, but within a week i'll be out at a chemist close to home with the initial 6 take home doses a month that you can grab whenever you want, just no more than 2 days doses can be obtained at once.

Also dude if you shoot your shit on a daily basis, how do you do this on mmt, and if you're not on mmt but on methadone for pain how did you get biodone for pain i thought they only used that for mmt folk. Do you get like 31 takehomes a month or something lol, i've been lead to beleive that i would only be able to get like maximum of 4 or 5 takehomes a week after 8 months or something, so yeah wouldn't mind talking to you on a personal basis about all of this, as ive just started and you've been at it for nearly a decade, abit i could learn from you. Thanks heaps man.

Last edited by a moderator:
--Tried to reply yesterday but I didn't have enough 'tokens'(?!)--

Also dude if you shoot your shit on a daily basis, how do you do this on mmt, and if you're not on mmt but on methadone for pain how did you get biodone for pain i thought they only used that for mmt folk. Do you get like 31 takehomes a month or something lol

Haha, that's why I said on an almost daily basis. And yeah, I'm on it for pain, emotional pain, lol.

Yeah I get 4 TAs a week. You should look into finding a private prescriber. The public program sucks! OMG it sucks. They have no respect!

If you pick up there, do you know the needle exchange near the corner of Fullarton rd and The Parade? Cos that's the headquarters of SAVIVE, run by users for users, and you can get boxes of anything there for free (1mls, butterflies, syringes up to 10 or 20 ml, needle tips, swabs). They only charge for wheel filters, torniquets, 50 ml syringes (20 mls used to cost, not sure if they still do.) It's out the back of the big Aids council building on fullarton rd.

Maybe drop me a pm, I can't pm as I just found out, is the email on ur profle current?

Last edited:
^ you need to reach bluelighter status (post count of 50 iirc) before you can send and receive private messages to anyone other than mods and admin. Thanks for all of the helpful info though AuraLee :)

Last edited:
--Tried to reply yesterday but I didn't have enough 'tokens'(?!)--

Haha, that's why I said on an almost daily basis. And yeah, I'm on it for pain, emotional pain, lol.

Yeah I get 4 TAs a week. You should look into finding a private prescriber. The public program sucks! OMG it sucks. They have no respect!

If you pick up there, do you know the needle exchange near the corner of Fullarton rd and The Parade? Cos that's the headquarters of SAVIVE, run by users for users, and you can get boxes of anything there for free (1mls, butterflies, syringes up to 10 or 20 ml, needle tips, swabs). They only charge for wheel filters, torniquets, 50 ml syringes (20 mls used to cost, not sure if they still do.) It's out the back of the big Aids council building on fullarton rd.

Maybe drop me a pm, I can't pm as I just found out, is the email on ur profle current?

Nah i didn't know of an exchange there hey, but obviously i know exactly where you mean, pretty close to where i dose.

Also yeah man that email is current.

Also yo belarki what did you edit out of my post above there so i know to avoid doing that again, if it was an illegal price my apologies lol, promise wasn't intentional, but nah seriously dude just curious as i didn't recall breaking any rules thats all.

Needle exchanges sell butterfly kits in vic for $30

$30??? Is that for a box of 50? Typical price 70c each in most Melb NSPs that I know of..

I haven't injected methadone but I had a long conversation with someone who does recently. This person starts off with a 3ml for the first load - says easier to control and ensure in the vein etc. Then switches to a number of preloaded 5ml. Says 5ml easier to control flow - lost a lot of veins injecting too fast with 10ml and says this is why switched to 5ml.

Not the normal procedure for methadone injection but interesting and worth putting out there for people to consider...

^advertising email addresses. it's best to take care of that through PM's:) - directed to blayne

Also yo belarki what did you edit out of my post above there so i know to avoid doing that again, if it was an illegal price my apologies lol, promise wasn't intentional, but nah seriously dude just curious as i didn't recall breaking any rules thats all.

Sorry mate, you just asked for him to email you (see guidelines: Don't number 6). I didn't really want to draw attention to it or make a big fuss in case you thought I was singling you out after removing the prices in the other thread :) Nothing personal.

Sorry to hijack a thread, Im having trouble finding anywhere in melbourne that provide them.
Anyone know of a chemist or any other place they may be available ?

Thanks

^ What are you looking for in particular? The last time I went to Turning Point in Fitzroy they had a wide selection of different gauge needles and other injecting equipment. This was awhile ago I admit but I know the needle exchange is still there and I really doubt they'd have changed their range. It's at 54/62 Gertrude St Fitzroy. (03) 8413 8413. Also, I reckon you could call directline on 1800 888 236, it's a drug and alcohol counselling line, but I've found them helpful for locating drug related services, like this. I don't know why those numbers are coming up as skype numbers :\