Busted by feds in controlled delivery -- now what?

internet delivery...

You really have to love sentationalism under the guise of investigative journalism.Selling various substances online is old news to many people.
Unfortunately that fact does not help the people caught up in this paticular sting.When will people learn that there is nothing anonymous about the internet.

wow, yea...read a bunch of articles as early as last week

and knew it was this guy...crazy thing--and, wow, they sure try to sensationalize in that video...especially considering the small number of people (and small quantities in question). Unreal. Well, there is always a risk, but, then again, there are always precautions ;>. Bottom line, if you don't know the person and you choose to buy drugs over the Internet, you are taking more of a risk than buying off the streets--but more importantly, you give the local law enforcement (and equally greedy press) a chance to be in the limelight. Now, I know that some people absolutely have to do such things, but, just remember, this is a feather in any local police department's hokey hat.

swybs

uh huh...

Look what happened with that kid Williams in California...Trying to use bulletin boards and forums to sell alpha-methyl fentanyl...Busted with a coupl of gallons of pure in liquid form as well as something like 4 kilos in adulterated powder...Always have to be cautious with online biz...

Though this thread is obviously no longer active, I'm curious about further information involving controlled delivery protocol. Why was this package registered mail? Did you expect ahead of time that you'd need to sign for it? Is this a clear indicator that the shipping company was USPS? Does anybody have any information regarding third-party carriers (DHL, UPS, FedEx)?

Private, or "third party" carriers are generally very cooperative with law enforcement. A while back, the local police here were doing random canine searches at the main UPS hub. Anything that was found was delivered by police officers dressed in UPS uniforms, driving a UPS truck.

Freight forwarding terminals are also very common spots to have random canine searches. Freight carriers (i.e. Landstar, Estes, AAA Cooper, etc.) are also cooperative with law enforcement when it comes to doing controlled deliveries.

Freight Carriers...

They do not actually do random searches, only if they have prior notice or something tickles their fancy. It is actually one of the safest ways to ship something.

Freight carriers might not do random searches, but they will allow law enforcement access forwarding terminals to conduct a random search if they are asked, although it doesn't happen all that often.

There are other reasons why freight is safer, but I don't think it would be propper to get into that here.