Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Burning Man 2012 - Who, What, Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoOkIeHeAd

Bluelighter
I went, I saw, I heard, and I burned. It was my first time and it was a damn cool experience minus the dust and the heat. I am surprised no one has posted on the event... What the fuck is up BL?

Quick highlights for me:

1) Riding your bike out to the playa that first time at night. Few things can compare to that feeling of looking out at the madness for as far as the eyes can see.
2) Exploring the pirate ship at night that included a stimulated sea and long dock walkway. Holy shit, talk about trippy!
3) The most emotional experience was visiting the temple. For the uninitiated, it is a place that people write messages and include photos to those that have passed on. There are a lot of people praying/meditating and just the sheer number of tributes was a little overwhelming not counting the fucking obscene intricacy of the whole damn structure.
4) Fucking the man burn was incredible and wallstreet burn was a close second.

To sum it up, I have been doing this thing for 15+ years and burning man is a place we use to dream about as kids when we would go to raves. It existed only in our imaginations but I assure you this place does exist and it is wilder than anything we ever imagined. It is place where imaginations have run wild and people do w/e the fuck they want and no one even thinks twice. To say it was a trip is well an understatement.

^^ rpob cuz there is a specific section in nsasdd for events and i think it already has a burning man thread

glad you had fun

would like to go n the future

I don't think the $390 ticket price is "radically inclusive." I still want to go but it's going to be a while before I have that kind of money. In the mean time, I go to local burns that are much, much, much more affordable, as in, the ticket cost is $43.

I never knew what burning man really was till about a week ago. I read a bunch of stories on their webpage and it sounded pretty cool. I don't know if I could spend a week in the desert with 50,000 people. Maybe 20 years ago I could or if it was in the forest. My fair skin would just fry.

Hello PoOkIeHeAd! My husband and I were virgins last year. Sadly this year we had to sell our tix to 2 long time burner friends. I agree that riding our bikes on The Playa at night, or even just walking, is the stuff that dreams are made of! Hope to see you out there next year!

Burning man has come and gone, I'm going to close this. If for some good reason you feel that it should be opened back up feel free to PM me and we can discuss it. If you're looking to talk about your experience at a festival that's more suited for your blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.