• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe buprenorphine patches

Morfiend1

Bluelighter
So again I got addicted to Heroin,

And I decided to quit, and I recall long time ago I used subutex, which threw me into instant withdrawal, but basically detoxed me from H and after few hours of hell I was fine.

I had some buprenorphine patches laying around, which is basically the ingredient in subutex. but it said on the patch it releases 52.5 micrograms per hour, the old sub pills i used were 2 or so mg instant. So after 1 day I would get a dose of some 1.2 mg. I put it on while high on H without waiting for withdrawal.

I Thought it would still throw me into precipitated withdrawal and didnt ccare I just wanted to detox quick. It didnt. Instead I felt some very very mild withdrawal, noww I am not using any H for 6 days without any withdrawal whatsoever. It's weird. I actually feel not need to take any H . And am, about to take the patch off and see what happens.

I assume the slow release basically allows the bupe to replace the H in the receptors slowly without the shock.

Just thought I'd share as this may be useful to anyone trying to quit, and wonder if anyone else has similar experiences?

BTW those patches are ,meant to be worn 3 days, but say they contain 30mg of bupe total, so I didnt know if they are still releasing any, and maybe im clean?????

Last edited: