• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

buprenorphine for methadone withdrawal is it just as hard to get off short term?

mt076

Greenlighter
Hi, i've done 2 weeks off methadone, 12 days off heroin and crack, and 5 days on subutex. Was on methadone for 15 years and was supposed to be going in rehab last Monday 25th Oct but i tried doing it all too quick dropping from 50ml to 0 in 4 weeks and relapsed when i got down to 20ml, started injecting heroin and crack nearly every day for 2 weeks until i turned up to rehab already 6 days clear off meth so that shit had proper set in. I believed once i was at rehab i could handle the rattle but they turned me down because i had heroin, crack, benzo's etc in my pee. I was only able to handle 3 days without anything, it was agony so i went back to drug treatment and they put me on Espranor a subutex replacement that dissolves in seconds but has same ingredient. The plan with the doctor is to stabilize for a month on 12mg till early Jan, then reduce so i can go back to rehab mid-late Feb. Possible without being in agony?

Last time i did a withdrawal from methadone was 1996 in prison from 90ml, i was on a lot of heroin as well which would've made it worse but i'd only been on meth 7-8 months and i can remember still having symptoms 6 months later, aches and hot flushes. Did a lot of heroin rattles throughout the 90s and early 2000s in jail but none compared to the meth, only went back on it in 04 because i'd relapsed and had a choice of robbing or meth. A 12 step prison rehab 01-03 changed my thinking! Now at 43 i don't know how i believed i could handle an home detox from the meth after 15 years especially when i was using on top.

What i'm asking is there anyone that can tell me what the rattle from buprenorphine is like? When i say rattle i don't mean cold turkey i mean tapering off it down to 2mg. I'll only be on it long enough for the meth rattle to stop then start reducing by 2mg a week. I've got rehab funding and a bed but there's no inpatient detox funding. It was easy when younger i went to prison and didn't have a choice no medication was provided so had to do my rip but out here i'm getting about 30 texts a day from white n brown dealers, i'm surprised i've still got a laptop to type on to be honest!

Nearly 3 decades on opiates and life is miserable as shit, my life was better when i was on a prison merry go round all my old mates were there and after a month of recuperation it was like a youth club! After 15 years of methadone and frequent snowball life has dwindled into pure isolation, i hate other users now, got sick of the two faced backstabbin thieving bastards, so i need off this shite for sanity's sake. Just can't find any decent solid info, most say it's a lot easier to come off buprenorphine than methadone then i read a study saying it can be just as bad. I've not slept for 10 days the pain in my legs won't allow them to stay still, so tired that when i tried to stand up the pain eased for 2 seconds because of the movement and i passed out and smacked my head on the wall at the side of my bed lol. That's after 2 days on 12mg but i know over the next week it will start to subside i just don't want to go back to this at home, i'd rather go out commit a crime and get remanded so i don't have a choice!
I know i'm going to find out because i'm ticking on this path but I have to prepare myself better than just laying in bed all day after taking drugs, ignoring everything and thinking rehab is a cure all for addiction and crappy thinking/behaviour!

Feels like i've just been on a crack rant but i am straight headed just don't have anyone to talk to about this crap!

Thanks for any reply

Benzos work great for meth W/D
So does Seroquel
These are the 2 best drugs for withdrawal
Also why don't you go to the doctor n request an adderal or dexdrine script usually they arent hard to get

Thanks for replying. I end up in prison on benzos, i got 1 10ml a day for last 5 days of meth and burned my fingers on the hob the first night, not had them for 18 years. Every prison sentence i did i was either on tamazies or vallies when committing the crimes doing stupid shit like cooking meals in houses why the owners were in bed... dumb shit!
I've nearly done the worst of the meth rattle, hopefully next week the 12mg of bupe will be enough to overtake the symptoms. I used to do adderall and dexdrine in early 90s but they're uppers they'd send me psycho. Why would i want uppers for doing my rip lol? A couple weeks back i sat up all night whizzing and rattling after being talked into having a few hits and it was shit it felt like i was coming down off a trip for 18 hours! Doctors give fk all here any more anyway it's only inspire or cdt doctors that do scripts and they're on a tight budget hence the 5x10ml's!
I was just wondering about bupe rattle and if it's gonna be as bad as the meth because i won't handle it at home!

Where are you from btw that those scripts are easy to get? Can't be England!

I live in the United States here getting a script is like giving candy to a baby it's really easy and what is 5x10ml??

Hi, i've done 2 weeks off methadone, 12 days off heroin and crack, and 5 days on subutex. Was on methadone for 15 years and was supposed to be going in rehab last Monday 25th Oct but i tried doing it all too quick dropping from 50ml to 0 in 4 weeks and relapsed when i got down to 20ml, started injecting heroin and crack nearly every day for 2 weeks until i turned up to rehab already 6 days clear off meth so that shit had proper set in. I believed once i was at rehab i could handle the rattle but they turned me down because i had heroin, crack, benzo's etc in my pee. I was only able to handle 3 days without anything, it was agony so i went back to drug treatment and they put me on Espranor a subutex replacement that dissolves in seconds but has same ingredient. The plan with the doctor is to stabilize for a month on 12mg till early Jan, then reduce so i can go back to rehab mid-late Feb. Possible without being in agony?

Last time i did a withdrawal from methadone was 1996 in prison from 90ml, i was on a lot of heroin as well which would've made it worse but i'd only been on meth 7-8 months and i can remember still having symptoms 6 months later, aches and hot flushes. Did a lot of heroin rattles throughout the 90s and early 2000s in jail but none compared to the meth, only went back on it in 04 because i'd relapsed and had a choice of robbing or meth. A 12 step prison rehab 01-03 changed my thinking! Now at 43 i don't know how i believed i could handle an home detox from the meth after 15 years especially when i was using on top.

What i'm asking is there anyone that can tell me what the rattle from buprenorphine is like? When i say rattle i don't mean cold turkey i mean tapering off it down to 2mg. I'll only be on it long enough for the meth rattle to stop then start reducing by 2mg a week. I've got rehab funding and a bed but there's no inpatient detox funding. It was easy when younger i went to prison and didn't have a choice no medication was provided so had to do my rip but out here i'm getting about 30 texts a day from white n brown dealers, i'm surprised i've still got a laptop to type on to be honest!

Nearly 3 decades on opiates and life is miserable as shit, my life was better when i was on a prison merry go round all my old mates were there and after a month of recuperation it was like a youth club! After 15 years of methadone and frequent snowball life has dwindled into pure isolation, i hate other users now, got sick of the two faced backstabbin thieving bastards, so i need off this shite for sanity's sake. Just can't find any decent solid info, most say it's a lot easier to come off buprenorphine than methadone then i read a study saying it can be just as bad. I've not slept for 10 days the pain in my legs won't allow them to stay still, so tired that when i tried to stand up the pain eased for 2 seconds because of the movement and i passed out and smacked my head on the wall at the side of my bed lol. That's after 2 days on 12mg but i know over the next week it will start to subside i just don't want to go back to this at home, i'd rather go out commit a crime and get remanded so i don't have a choice!
I know i'm going to find out because i'm ticking on this path but I have to prepare myself better than just laying in bed all day after taking drugs, ignoring everything and thinking rehab is a cure all for addiction and crappy thinking/behaviour!

Feels like i've just been on a crack rant but i am straight headed just don't have anyone to talk to about this crap!

Thanks for any reply
Hi mate, similar situation for me , although not involving methadone, went from using (smoking) about 1/2 gram of brown a day to espranor 8mg daily, although you have to wait for mild withdrawal symptoms first before you start, its seems ok & now down to 4mg daily , but like you am after more info about coming off completely, been told it is much easier than methadone that's why I opted for it, let me know how you get on etc, best of luck