• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Buprenorphine first time yesterday - safe to drink today?

U

Unregisteration

It was very euphoric, but little overwhelming and takes you on the back seat too much. Don't want to do it again today, but would really like to get blasted if it's safe only a day after subutex. I didn't took that much, probably 0.3-0.4 ?g at most, but it was still really powerful. Half-life is supposedly very long, so it still dangerous to get blasted 24 hours after taking? Effects have mostly vanished, only some little warmth left.

Hmmm, this is a difficult one. I might be too late anyway, considering you posted this a minute ago. If you are totally Opioid naive, as I feel that you are, I really wouldn't recommend drinking Alcohol at this point. I think that you should give it a few more hours, if we're approaching this with an extremely conservative attitude, however, my personal opinion is that it would probably be fine, but you need to try your best to monitor your level of intoxication. If you have a few drinks and notice that you are significantly more intoxicated than what you are used to, put the brakes on.

If you want to have some drinks, I think that's fine, but if you want to get completely drunk, I really can't recommend that.

Yeah I'd mirror what Keif' Richards said: basically you shouldn't but if your going to them limit yourself.

Bupe always made drinking less pleasurable for me. While on bupe alcohol didn't taste right and I noticed side effects greater than desired effects. I never liked drinking while on bupe, otherwise I normally enjoy drinking.

I was taking bupe everyday at the time, though. Perhaps the perceived effects with alcohol wouldn't be there with a one time dose like in your case.

Bupe lasts in the body for several days, even from a single dosing. It's unlikely but possible that if you got really wasted on alcohol on top of the bupe remaining in your system, you could overdose your respiratory system and quit breathing. I'd be aware of how my body was feeling and if I got more sedated than usual from the drinking, quit until the bupe's really gone. This is a really common way to overdose on methadone and booze or benzoes, but bupe is much safer. Just my opinion...