• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Buprenorphine & dilaudid

polyboss

Bluelighter
Hello,
I'm getting a surgery soon and thought to share about it before and after. I've been on 300mg sublocade for two months now, both lumps still in my belly. Since I'll need painkillers post surgery, they offered me a couple options last sub appointment for the shot. Either I agree to dispose of 100mg of the 300 mg bupe subq shot and take oxy or go ahead with the full shot and take Dilaudid. Of course I don't think oxy would have broken through anyways, and I don't want to mess with the bupe course of treatment, so I went for the full shot and Dilaudid. I'm told by him no other opioid will be strong enough. If anyone else wants to take sublocade ask me all about it, truly has enabled me to get my shit together. Pro tip, your doc will gladly grab some lidocaine real quick so the shot doesn't hurt much. Atleast the pain of the shot pails in comparison to every time I use the restroom after a history of abscess from fistulas, fissures, IBS-C and opioid dependence. Anyways, the addiction doc told me he'd communicate with my colo-rectal surgeon to ensure I have breakthrough pain relief. He said the right dosage of hydromorphone does indeed displace large amounts of buprenorphine without needing to taper down beforehand. I suppose I will learn if this is true. I will report after the surgery. I'm going to experiment with pain relief most likely, I have lots of pure ketamine and nasal spray bottles. Will probably mix up a ketamine/micron filtered hydromorphone cocktail in one. I also plan on IVing using a .22micron filter, cotton, distilled water mixed with 0.9% kosher salt, and a 1cc insulin syringe (using a 3cc for filtering and measuring). I will do a first and second wash of the pills and cotton with 0.5ml saline each run, then combine for the 1ml shot. I guess I'd have to tie off and inject at 45 degrees toward my heart, I've never really IVed before so let me know if I'm at fault. I've IMed ketamine lots and ik that atleast will help with pain if all else is to no avail. Yes I know of the harmful bladder issues involving ketamine abuse, but that is long term and an IM dose of 120-150mg once a week shouldn't cause that. If I increase to 75mg once a day for a whole week maybe that changes? Plugging dilaudid is obviously not an option due to the nature of my surgery (a sphincterotomy). I'm worried about being under medicated tbh. I've read lots of studies lately on binding affinity and acute pain treatment on MAT and most say to reschedule the surgery if still on buprenorphine, that bupe is 1.7x the binding affinity of hydromorphone. I guess the equivalent dose of daily bupe I get is (300mg from fresh shot+100mg from last shot)/30days or ~13mg, both depot bumps are still visible on my belly. It is a prestigious medical group so I ought to trust my doctor, but I'm seeing signs that my recovery will be difficult.

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, I'm new here. Please push to right thread if need be. Thought the info from my doc is helpful for people who need this cleared up. Been lurking on Blue light for ages, nice to be able to contribute.

HR tip: endoverdose.net is a wonderful site. There is a 15-20minute naloxone training course on when/how to administer and afterwards they send a free reversal kit including cpr mask, two narcan sprays (or an injection if outside of California) for a 7.99$ flat rate on shipping (only for USA residents). I also picked up some fent test strips from them while I was at it.

Last edited:
are you concerned about the subcutaneous lumps left over after the buprenorphine is exhausted? Tissue necrosis and surgical removal leaving quite a large scar has been reported by patients on forums like the user reviews section of drugs.com

are you concerned about the subcutaneous lumps left over after the buprenorphine is exhausted? Tissue necrosis and surgical removal leaving quite a large scar has been reported by patients on forums like the user reviews section of drugs.com
My doc tells me that if they're there, the bupe is still releasing. They go away in time. The 300mg shots stick around a couple months, but will dwindle away, as the first shot already has to a large extent (Abt 2/3 of the way). I've also heard from a friend at an AA meeting that someone she knows on sublocade had necrosis from the shot being rejected by the body, as if it was an implant. Scary stuff, but with a good doctor that has lots of experience it's not too much of a worry. I asked and he has never experienced that in a patient.