• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Buprenorph liquid dosing? Recreational?

MIRyuhurd

Greenlighter
So this is suboxone everyone says. It is several years old, from a vet, originally prescribed for a cat.

Bottle says: "Buprenorph 0.3MG/ML dropper"

Will using this give me any effects? Been using tramadol past week, but no more left. If so, how many ML do I need to use? I would squirt it from dropper into my mouth, swallow?
Anything to note about this stuff, have never used before...

If it is buprenorphine and you have a tramadol dependency it will throw you into pwd if you take it to soon, wait till your in moderate wd before taking it…depending on how much tram you take you might be able to get some recreational value from it, most bupe is sublingual so under the tongue it goes

Las Veghost grower is giving excellent advise here, my pal who was not on opiates user generally use to get 6mg of Bupe and have a nice effect, I did 16mg a day and got nothing, start pretty low see how you go if you are gonna do it, never heard of it in the form you have though,have a good one​

It's not the dependency or tolerance to tramadol which will induce precipitated withdrawal but when you still have some in your system. When your last use of tramadol was last week, then buprenorphine won't induce PWS. In the end this substance is used to treat/substitute opioid dependence. But starting low is always a good advice.

Also when the bottle lists buprenorphine as the only active ingredient without naloxone then it's equal to subutex, not subuxone, which afaik is bupe + naloxone, the latter added to deter recreational use trough ROAs other than oral/sublingual and/or to induce more powerful precipitation.

It's not the dependency or tolerance to tramadol which will induce precipitated withdrawal but when you still have some in your system. When your last use of tramadol was last week, then buprenorphine won't induce PWS. In the end this substance is used to treat/substitute opioid dependence. But starting low is always a good advice.

Also when the bottle lists buprenorphine as the only active ingredient without naloxone then it's equal to subutex, not subuxone, which afaik is bupe + naloxone, the latter added to deter recreational use trough ROAs other than oral/sublingual and/or to induce more powerful precipitation.

That's not entirely true. It is true that once other opioids are out of your system, buprenorphine will not produce PWD anymore. It produces PWD by kicking the other opioids out of your receptors suddenly since it has a much higher affinity, and since it is a partial agonist, it will not fully substitute for those opioids and you will go into full withdrawal suddenly, all at once. It will not produce PWD when taken after other partial agonists though, provided those are weaker partial agonists than buprenorphine. The only one I know for sure it can be taken after safely is kratom.

However, the reason what you said isn't exactly correct is because it also requires dependence to the drug to cause PWD. It will kick it out of your receptors either way, but if you're not dependent, it won't cause PWD, because you won't experience withdrawal when the drug is out of your receptors, you will just not be high anymore. If you were not dependent on any opioids, and you were on heroin, and then you took the bupe while still on the heroin, you would suddenly stop feeling high on heroin and you'd feel high on buprenorphine instead.