• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Buphedrone (alpha-methylamino-butyrophenone) megathread - spread your knowledge!

This seems a bit contadictory to some of the reports in stimulants of the future.

This is just a stimulant it has not modification on the benzene ring like mephedone which would make it an entactogen.

What are you trying compare it against? I was hoping this would be somewhere between cocaine and amphetamine? I wouldn't expect it to have the same euphoria as MDMA or Mephedrone.

^^^
exactly. drugs need to be reviewed like movies, that is, compared against other works in their (pharmacological) genera. the jerk is one of the best comedies ever made, but you wouldn't rate it against 2001 because thats a great movie of a different genera. thusly rate buphedrone against MPH, AMP, MCAT, MDPV, MDPPP, Desoxypipradrol etc.

I think the main reason for people drawing comparisons to Mephedrone is the naming, which is very illogical and was probably done simply to cash in on Mephedrone's popularity.

The xdrone naming actually follows a pattern, and that is specifically 4-substituted methcathinones.

Mephedrone is 4-Methylmethcathinone
Methadrone is 4-Methoxymethcathinone
Flephedrone is 4-Fluoromethcathinone
Brephedrone is 4-Bromomethcathinone

Yet

Buphedrone is alpha-Ethylmethcathinone

Spot the odd one out ;)

^ Yes, and all of those names come from ephedrone the synonym for methcathinone

To be honest the naming conventions for these Cathinones are a bit useless as there is nothing in the to suggest they are para-substituted. 4MMC and alpha-EMC would make more sense.

^^^
exactly. drugs need to be reviewed like movies, that is, compared against other works in their (pharmacological) genera. the jerk is one of the best comedies ever made, but you wouldn't rate it against 2001 because thats a great movie of a different genera. thusly rate buphedrone against MPH, AMP, MCAT, MDPV, MDPPP, Desoxypipradrol etc.

I agree. If its better then MDPV its damn wort it to me.

To be honest the naming conventions for these Cathinones are a bit useless as there is nothing in the to suggest they are para-substituted. 4MMC and alpha-EMC would make more sense.

No, but the word "methcathinone" (or "methamphetamine") in no way suggests that the methyl is in the N- position, for example. People make these names because they are easier to remember than an alphabet soup.

I agree. If its better then MDPV its damn wort it to me.

Less jittery than MDPV, double dosage, lasts 2-3 hours, little crash, little hypersexuality, redose works fine without problems (just dosage rises ~25%), less euphoria and energy than MDPV.

You decide. I found MDPV not to my taste, I chased the euphoria that wasnt there. Same with this.

Less jittery than MDPV, double dosage, lasts 2-3 hours, little crash, little hypersexuality, redose works fine without problems (just dosage rises ~25%), less euphoria and energy than MDPV.

You decide. I found MDPV not to my taste, I chased the euphoria that wasnt there. Same with this.

Well, MDPV made me extremely paranoid for some reason, if this stuff isnt as bad i would like it.
May go well with MDAI. A gram would also last a long time with this chemical.

will post a report later today, im on selegiline so im going to start low (although it barely potentiates stimulants the way it used to - now it does not even make MPH 10% stronger) a friend insufflated 20mg and said that it was painless and produced a nice effect, she also said it made her have to shit. she was not very articulate in describing the effects.

more later...

I been researching methcathinone and have seen reports of people taking up to 200mg and getting good results, not that I'm recommemding this, but it may be that buphedrone full effects will be felt at higher dosage, someone suggested the 30-50mg mark in another thread. Best to start off low though.

I also have a friend who has the same effect from coke. GHB does that for me.

I've got some on the way, primarily interested in using it as a study aid. I hate the comedown from MPH, hoping this will be better.

Well I'll soon be obtaining 500mg Buphedrone and 1g MDAI, if the above reports are correct then the combination of these two could actually be MDMA-esque territory!

Reasoning behind this many seem to feel MDAI is euphoric and quite MDMA-like but lacks the push or stimulation of it (even to the point of being sedating). So if Buphedrone is more of a stimulant but with not many negative effects (?) then they could work very nicely together. Can't wait to try the combo! ;)

ok, quick summery of effects i find it less vanilla than expected - it has a euphoric component which is stronger than MPH without question, although i have not attempted to work on it yet i would imagine the euphoria could get in the way as it is causing a bit of "spacyness" (MCAT is notoriously ineffective for ADHD) it also seems to have a surprising lack of anorexic effects - i ate and enjoyed a large slice of pizza during the peak effects. 20mg is comfortable on the body and heart, no tachycardia, no anxiety, mild sweating. in no way is it comparable to MDPV other than it is a stimulant. it is more like amphetamine than anything else, probably could not distinguish the two - im not sure how it will effect a night of socializing - will find out soon.

thus far i give it good marks, up with MDPPP and Desoxypipradrol in terms of side effect free euphoric stimulants. more trials must be made before i can really judge it accurately though, caffeine would also have many of the qualities i described ;)

I wonder how much of an effect the selegiline played in your experience ^

ok, quick summery of effects i find it less vanilla than expected - it has a euphoric component which is stronger than MPH without question, although i have not attempted to work on it yet i would imagine the euphoria could get in the way as it is causing a bit of "spacyness" (MCAT is notoriously ineffective for ADHD) it also seems to have a surprising lack of anorexic effects - i ate and enjoyed a large slice of pizza during the peak effects. 20mg is comfortable on the body and heart, no tachycardia, no anxiety, mild sweating. in no way is it comparable to MDPV other than it is a stimulant. it is more like amphetamine than anything else, probably could not distinguish the two - im not sure how it will effect a night of socializing - will find out soon.

thus far i give it good marks, up with MDPPP and Desoxypipradrol in terms of side effect free euphoric stimulants. more trials must be made before i can really judge it accurately though, caffeine would also have many of the qualities i described ;)
Awesome! thx for this report. This sparkeled my intrest in it again.

Welp, I divided 18 mg into four piles and insufflated them over the course of 20 minutes. Will report back.

Well, after about 45 minutes I wasn't feeling much off baseline. Weighed out another 20 mg, dissolved it in a small amount of saline, and shot it up my nose w/ a (needle-less) syringe.

I was previously very tired.. I slept very fitfully last night. Now I feel reasonably awake. Very little peripheral stimulation -- much smoother than d-amp. My experience with methylphenidate is limited, but to me this feels closer to MPH than d-amp.

I am merely feel more wakeful and lucid. No particular desire to talk or clean or do any of the other things that I do when I'm all spun. Maybe a slight mood-lift.

*shrug* I suspect it will feel different taken when I'm already wakeful. Start low -- I might be something of an anomaly.

Last edited: