• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe BUPE

Matty70

Greenlighter
Hi Everyone,

My Dr has tried me on Suboxone 8MG for the past week, to see this would help my chronic arthritis in the knee which requires a knee replacement. I did take them for the past 3 day, but it has not done much for the pain at all, so I am going back on the 5MG Oxycodone meds (Endone) is the brand in Australia.
How long after my last does of Suboxone can I start taking my Oxycodone. I want to make sure that I don't have an adverse effect and start nodding off at my desk whilst I'm at work.
Oxycodone never makes me sleepy or noddy usually, but I just want to double check what issues may raise their head.
Thanks in advance to everyone who responds to my question.

Well going back on Oxy from the Bupe won't have any adverse effect other than making the Oxycodone not work well. It will take a few days for it to be fully effective because Buprenorphine had a stronger binding affinity and long half-life. The way you could of ran into trouble was taking the Bupe while you still had Oxy in your system cuz it can cause precipitated withdrawal syndrome.

But like I said the reverse dosing schedule doesn't pose the same risk besides wasting your Oxy. I'd try and give it at least 36-48hrs hrs before you take any, you are gonna notice the Oxy not working as well after that Bupe cuz it's very powerful and you jacked up you tolerance, 8mgs is actually a pretty high dose especially comparable to 5mgs Oxycodone.

8mgs is actually a pretty high dose especially comparable to 5mgs Oxycodone.
Yeah 8mg would land me in the hospital with suboxone, but 5mg oxy and I'd be having a mellow buzz. I'm shocked a doctor would switch a patient from 5mg oxy to 8mg bupre.

At worst the effects of your oxy will be very diminished for a day or two. No real danger in taking it earlier than that though.

Hi Everyone,

My Dr has tried me on Suboxone 8MG for the past week, to see this would help my chronic arthritis in the knee which requires a knee replacement. I did take them for the past 3 day, but it has not done much for the pain at all, so I am going back on the 5MG Oxycodone meds (Endone) is the brand in Australia.
How long after my last does of Suboxone can I start taking my Oxycodone. I want to make sure that I don't have an adverse effect and start nodding off at my desk whilst I'm at work.
Oxycodone never makes me sleepy or noddy usually, but I just want to double check what issues may raise their head.
Thanks in advance to everyone who responds to my question.
Hi, I need some advice just start Bupe and the medication is not working...it's almost like it's not going into my skin...I have purchased Tegaderm Tape...still nothing. Any ideas my doctor is absolutely no help