• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe question

LonglostJbird

Greenlighter
I have a question about bupe use.
Ive been on subutex for 1 month, clean off all other pills (roxis mainly).
I took 6mg when I woke up, someone brought some roxis around me, and I caved. I took 120mgs and regret it A LOT.
I just want to get back on track with my Subs ASAP and stay away from anything else. I was doing so good! :*(
My question (finally) is: if my brain/body is now accustomed to my subs but I had a 10 hour slip, how soon can I take my subs again?
When I first inducted, my Dr actually told me 12 hours is plenty, but you hear all the horror stories... I guess I'm wondering if I completely fucked myself by relapsing after I had already taken my subutex dose, THEN taking roxis. Will it make a difference? Can i start my subs again tomorrow late morning?
I'm scared, and super ashamed of myself. Any help or advice, please!!

-safe answer-

18-36 hours or until you feel WD symptoms - you're not fucked - if you continue to cycle the drugs the subs might become less effective and your opioid tolerance can get quite high.

Yeah try to stop cycling back and forth.

And to answer your question, theoretically, if your receptors were already bupe-saturated (and at your dosage, they should have been), and if you've been taking bupe for a while (leaving a constant amount building up in your body faster than it can metabolize and eliminate), then AGAIN, THEORETICALLY you should be able to taken the sub at any time despite having taken roxis x hours prior.

The lynchpin really lies here: did you feel the effects of the roxis you took? If so, was it the "FULL" effect, or just a mild buzz (you should have a bupe blockade going on at your receptor binding sites)?

I'm going to say you don't have to worry about anything, the chance that you would experience PW after using a weaker opiate (which was probably mostly blocked by the bupe) is so slim I'd bet my life on it that you won't suffer a thing. AT MOST, you might feel a cold/hot flash or two for 15 minutes while the buprenorphine kicks back in, but probably not.

When you're switching back and forth between sub maintenance and full agonists, you really don't have to worry about PW's until you've been taking the full agonist for multiple days in a row and most of the suboxone is out of your system-that or if you take a agonist with a much higher binding affinity (or one that can compete with a high enough dosage).