• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Bupe not helping all the withdrawl symptoms.

cam1234

Greenlighter
So I tool roughly 12mg of bupe yesterday, thoughout the day, I'm really struggling with it helping with the withdrawls and I feel horrible. I can't sleep at all, like I was lying down for a good 8 or so hours and nothing and I don't function well on little sleep....Roughly how long will I be able to use again after so I can not feel these god damn withdrawl symptoms, or is there a way I can displace the bupe from the receptors....? (I don't shoot and I can't get fent where I am) it was a single dose. Tempted to try switch over to methadone or is that a bad idea.

Hang in there. I hope you're sticking with it. It'll be crap for a little, from time to time but it'll do it's job eventually. If you really wanna quit you're gonna have to suffer a little bit. Your 2nd dose will be more effective, so just try to stick with it and get a 2nd dose.

If you are withdrawing from fentanyl bupe may not work. I dislike methadone personally but at my old clinic they were adding morphine on top of methadone for fentanyl wd.
I came off both methadone and subs and it wasn't the best but i rushed. There's many people that get off methadone if they go slowly.

Just curious, how long did you wait before taking the bupe? My understanding, (could be wrong) is that you have to wait longer with fentanyl but wth do I know.

it takes a total of 16mg of bupe to completely block your opiate receptors. so if you took 12mg you would have been able to use but you wouldn't feel it like normal, so be very careful if you ever find yourself trying to overcompensate the blockers. i've tried to kick fetty a couple times this past year with suboxone(bupe) and the first attempt i kicked myself into precipitated withdrawals(pw) and i waited 48 hrs from last use to take one 8mg strip. those pws are no joke i wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy. the second time i waited 4 days literally and i took about 2 mg of suboxone and it was strange at first i felt like it was taking away the withdrawl symptoms but right as i was getting ready to take another piece of suboxone strip my withdrawal symptoms kicked up a notch. i waited two more days and took a whole strip on the night of the 6th day. barely did anything to help my withdrawals symptoms, still couldn't sleep, etc. the next day i took like a total of two strips still wasn't doing much for me and i carried on like that until day 10 still feeling like shit i went and copped. i went through that whole process a couple times and just never felt well. next go around I'm going to get back on methadone. good luck and stay safe

Street fent can stay in your system for days to a week

Street fent can stay in your system for days to a week

This. The average illicit fent user tests positive for fent for an average of 6.4-6.7 days. One case study showed a person testing hot for 16 days. Whether they were obese or just had an underperforming metabolism is unknown to me.

I’m a healthy, 5’10” 175lb individual, and I would wait over 96 hours to take just a piece of sub when I was trying to get clean and it would immediately put me into PW. I got so tired of it all I just cold turkey’d saying fuck it.

My thoughts are that the average person may actually have to wait 148-160 hours before they can safely induct onto the suboxone without precipitating withdrawal.

For most people this would be nearly impossible. Which has me thinking a quick taper methadone program may actually be the best harm reduction for anyone with a massive fentanyl or fentanylogue habit.

There needs more case studies done on fent and induction to suboxone because I don’t think the doctors clearly understand what is happening when they hand a heavy fent user suboxone and say, “take 2-4mgs first and re-dose later if necessary”

Sorry. Little late to the conversation. Thought I'd tell you what I did..
BTW, used over 20 years. Tar, then China, now fent. Fent is all I can get now. Either way...
For me, and others. Look up bernese method. It's the only way I could do it.
Made 14 months clean, covid hit, n I messed myself up again.
Just started bupes today.
I did this, n it worked. 99% pain free.
Only issue, I couldn't sleep and only slept 1,2 hours, every 2 or 3 days, if I was lucky. Went 14 months like that. Eventually, about 2 weeks in, I got used to it. Just played guitar all night, rested my body, and felt fine. Not sleeping sucks, but, I did get a lit done at home..
Anyways...

I took .5 MG bup. About 1/4 of 2mg pill..
As PW set in, slowly snorted my feet. Everyone's different, but for me, it takes 4 hrs or so, for bupe to kick in, and another 60,90 min, for that dose to level out.
I took .5mg, then used tiny bits, to get thru the minor PW..

After 3,4 days, double your bike to 1mg.
I use only what's necessary, to get thru the PW.
After weeks or so, there's 16mg, or whatever, bupe in you, and you can just stop using the fent...

You body builds up the buoe slowly, blocks the feet., a little at a time, and u get used to it.
After 3,4 days at 16mg, your brain is loaded, you won't get PW, and Wong go thru withdrawal from fent., because there's enough buoe in you to stop any withdrawal.

One warning..
When I had 14 months clean, I got myself down to 2mg bupe. Slowly decreased the dose.
I felt great.

But, once I tried tapering off the 2mg, all hell broke loose.
I wasn't sick at all.
But, terrible depression would hit me out of nowhere.
Could be happy, talking, n laughing...
Out of nowhere, I feel this darkness, and kike a heavy weight, coming over my body.
Start crying my eyes out, for no reason.
I could feel it start. I'd cry for 20,30 min. Then, it went away, as fast as it came on.
I had no control over it at all.
Couldn't work, go out, or do anything, without a friend there to explain what's happening to whoever was around me, and help me thru those 20,30 minutes of hell.

I never got off the bike. I ended up using feet again, when we were locked in during civid.
I just started taking tiny doses of bupe today .

Once I'm off the fent for 1 month, I'm gona taper down fast as I can, try stopping the bike. Pray the depression won't hit me, if I'm only on the bike for 2,3 months.

BTW
My Dr said major depression is common, when getting off bupe.
I spent almost 20 years, on n off, trying to quit.
I finally found the Dr I have now, and he is amazing. He won't load me up with just anything. But, he does listen to me, n knows that I myself, know what I'm talking about. And, believes me when I am really trying to quit. He works with me. Listens to what I have to say. What I have figured out over the years, and he knows I'm not just looking for more pills.

Try the Barnes method.
Start taking very low doses, then increase dose every 2,3 days. If needed, use a tiny bit, only what you need, to get you past the PW. Remember..
Everyone's body is different.
Don't go using 2,3 bags, if u feel PW coming on..
Wait until u can't stand it anymore, use a tiny bit of fent. Give it Tim to work.
You will be uncomfortable at times, but, you won't be sick, shaking on th floor.
That is the only way I can get on the busses.
Hope it helps you.
Please, read all you can about the drugs life cycle, half life, and how heroin, fentanyl, and bupe works. It will help you find a way to tailor the doses to your body.

Please don't go using huge amounts, the second you feel PW starting.
Use only tiny amounts, give it 15,20 for the fent to help the PW..otherwise you can overdose.
Again, everyone is different. It may take an hour or 2, for bupes to take full effect.
it takes a little while for bupes to hit you, and level off. Only use a tiny bit of feet, give it 20 min or so to help. If u need a little more, that's OK. But, doing a full bag, at the same time the bupe starting to hit your brain, won't do a thing. Other than maybe OD.

Go slowly with everything.
Work your way up to 16mg.
Then, you MUST trust the meds, stop using fent or heroin. Once your about 16mg, but will block everything anyways.
It's just your mind playing tricks on you, if you feel sick. Be strong, be careful, and u can do it.

I'll try to check back, see if u replied.
I'm starting induction now, and need to work 12 hr days, as I do this. So my time to chat may be limited.

Good luck.
You can do it.
Stay strong.
Life was so much better when I had that clean time. I'm taking my life back, again.
You can too

This thread is a good reason why shitboxone should become history.
It is an absolute mystery to me why in the god damn world a freaking opioid dualist was even approved by the authorities. Aside from most addicts I know in the maintenance clinic who end up periodically relapsing while on it (duh, dualists don't satiate the opioid hunger no matter how much you take you inept doctors, medicinal chemists, managers, alphabet agency bureaucrats and moronic politicians), this stuff doesn't even kill pain nearly as effectively as a full agonist and is the primary reason why no doctor in Germany prescribes shitboxone for pain even though it's approved for that purpose lol. It's the only opioid I'd consider to be truly bad. A frankenstein abomination of an opioid that was probably pushed on the market because the guy giving the nod was very likely a miserly bureaucrat or one of those pathologic profit maximizers who have no idea how a physical opioid dependency actually works. I mean who in the world thought it's a good idea to approve this shit for substitution when you have to wait reaching peak wd aka peak torture, until you can take it in order to not get kicked into the depths of hell that is precipitated wd.

I consider the case of bupe to be, not one of good drug design, but instead a marvelous feat of applied marketing psychology, because this has got to be the absolute worst product that was ever invented for the purpose of maintenance and still got approved for it. I applaud the guy who did the convincing. I'd hire him in an instant as the head of marketing if I was leading a pharma comp.

Last edited:
I think bupe is being marketed as this "no withdrawals / no more addiction / pain free" be-all, end-all drug.
Ever since it went generic, I've even being seeing ads on Facebook for it even, with literal phrases like "no withdrawal!" "instant relief".
It's criminal honestly.

When the reality is, no matter how much bupe you take, you're still gonna have to feel like shit for a few days on it while you wait for your tolerance to drop back down to a partial agonist level. Once hit you this spot though, it's pretty easy. But you're gonna feel like shit for prolly 3-5 days before you get there.

And Hexenstahl couldn't have said it any better. Buprenorphine is an abomination of an opioid. I even prefer tramadol over buprenorphine.
Bupe can be alright if you're opioid naive or have no tolerance, but it doesn't take long after a couple uses to become a completely useless opioid.

Methadone is a better option, but if you're in the US, be prepared to have to go to a damn clinic every single day just to take your medicine. Which I dunno about anyone else, but you won't find me going anywhere until AFTER I've taken my medicine. So this is just some stupid arbitrary bullshit to limit access to methadone. Fucking hate bureaucrats. I'm at my wits end with the bullshit drug war.

It's theorized that in lower doses of buprenorphine, it's full agonist metabolite is more active. And then it blocks it's own metabolite the higher you dose.

You should try taking lower doses OP, like 2mg every 6hrs or so. You'll probably need higher doses to get through withdrawal, but after a few days, it's pretty pointless to keep your doses that high. I think doctors just like to keep people on extremely high doses so that if they relapse, they won't feel shit from it.

Some of bupes metabolites also cause sedation on their own, but aren't opioids. I've been on bupe since 2017 & can attest that this drug makes me more tired/sedated than any other opioid. And not in the noddy/sedated way that we all love. Feels more like the sedation you'd get if you popped a couple antihistamines or antipsychotics really. It almost feels like you're on a really strong opioid some times, just without any of the fun/positive parts or the pain relief.

Over all, it's a bore of a chemical/drug. That also comes with the risk of stroke/aneurysm from increased intracranial pressure. Which is a side effect unique to partial agonists & not seen in full agonists. So basically they wanna "save us" from the "evil & deadly" full agonists, by giving us a shitty non-euphoric partial agonist that could give you a stroke. Wonderful!!!

Last edited:
When i microdosed from methadone and fent to subs the doctor tried to get me to take 16mg, i didn't and didn't stay on subs...feels like poison in my system. Thankfully i'm in Canada and weaned off subs with morphine and hydromorph. Rather be hooked on those then subs, i hate that drug

And i knew nothing of suboxone and they didn't tell me much but it made my anxiety awful and apparently it causes you to lose your teeth

And i knew nothing of suboxone and they didn't tell me much but it made my anxiety awful and apparently it causes you to lose your teeth
Im having dental problems myself. Part of the enamel on one of my teeth randomly fell off within the last 6 months.

But I dunno if that's from subs or not. I'd assume it's the citric acid & fillers in subs that are bad for your teeth, more so than the drug itself.
I also smoked nasty meth off & on for 20+ years, so there's no telling what could have caused my damage.