• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Bupe no longer hold me on 0.8 - options before I relapse big time

FatBellyWhipSlay

Bluelighter
Hi All

So not been on here for a while as been getting on with life and trying to avoid triggers.

I am now down to 0.8mg of Bupe daily (snorting of course) and the past 2 weeks have been pure hell (i reduce 0.4 every 4 weeks) .

so all my cravings have come back big stylie, anxiety through the roof with rapid heartbeat (my galaxy watch alerts me every hour saying oh oh something aint right) and sleep less nights with restless legs, I fall alseep about 11pm and wake up EVERY MORNING at 2am without fail.

after 2 weeks of this shit I thought I would stabilize, but no not me! seems I take my bupe and by 4pm it starts wearing off, hence the shit above.

So started to think about using again, as you do, but I am damned if I am going to let this beat me.

Got some options from my "Drug Counsellor". Either go back up to 2mg a day for 3 months OR get some Zopiclone 7.5mg (x 14) and Diazepam 2mg (3 x daily for 14 days) to help me get through it and and strongly advised not to take these every day (so they run out and I am up shit creek again)

Not sure what to do, 2mg of Diazzy doesnt seem shit, will that sort out my anxiety ?? I know Zopi's will probably make me sleep but for how long ? or should I forget that crap and go back on 2mg Bupe for 3 months and start reduction again ?

I am really sick of this shit, didn't think it would be like this as Bupe is a "wonder drug" and has a half life of 36 hours and the "lower you get" the easier it becomes... absolute bollocks. But I really want off it now had enough. Just want to wake up for a day and not feel like absolute hammered dogshit... This is why I am thinking of banging some DHC which I can get my hands on in minutes....

any advice cos after a year and a half I am at a crossroads with my recovery.... left = continue and take the pain I deserve as I have hurt the ones I love and that love me so much with this addiction crap OR right = back to addictville... I am sure most of you on here have been at the same crossroads before...

Sounds like you should go to 2mg a day and stabilize.
Agree. No point in relapsing when one is able to up their dose and be okay. No point in adding all those " comfort meds " when you have the bupe at your disposal. Staying on one drug beats being on 4...especially when benzos and Z drugs are so addictive in and of themselves. Just go with the increased bupe and good luck. Hope you feel better.

thanks for the replies guys,

Just had a long chat with my worker and they have actually done both scripts for me, so going back on 2mg tomorrow and also got the comfort meds

Didnt realise , I thought they were giving me 2 options but in fact it was both they wanted to do, I do need a few nights of decent sleep so will give the Z a go, they are only giving me 7 of them anyway so no chance of getting hooked I think, ill just space them out and keep them for dire needs

as for the diazzy I'll only take them in the morning (or when Im just really anxious) when I think I need one... I have had them before (the 5 mgs) and don't really like how they make you a zombie for a day

feel a bit happier now I know I am going back upto 2mg, so so tried, but dont want to sleep as it will make the 0.8 wear off faster and will then have a really shit night AGAIN !

i think. with my experience with the bupe, I am now thinking why the hell didnt i take the blue pill ! (and just cold turkey)....

Is there any reason in particular that you are trying to get off of bupe?

If you want to wake up just once mot feeling like hammered dog doo then relapsing is DEFINITELY not the answer!!! Also, if your inclination is to use when detoxing from bupe, you're not ready to detox off the bupe! Sorry bud, but that's the cold hard truth. I have friends who got clean using bupe and eventually got off the bupe and are still.clean years later....their mindset was I hate this shit and I'm powering thru it, relapse wasnt a consideration. Stick it out a while longer. Good luck!

Yep - I have had enough of getting to the late evening and it slowly starts wearing off and I feel crappy, even on 2mg I wake up the next day in withdrawals

so for that I have had enough and would rather just try and get off it, I know once i drop from 0.4 to 0 i will feel like shit for a while but surely that waking up in withdrawal feeling will slowly fade away

anyhow I am back up 2mg now so now I gotta start all over again.... vicious circle

it sucks that you're back up. i'm surprised they haven't offered you a split dose if you're pissing clean, have you asked to try that? its known that some people are fast metabolisers and won't be held for 24 hours. also 2mg to 0.8 seems like a bg drop so when you try to cut see if you can go slower.

Yep - I have had enough of getting to the late evening and it slowly starts wearing off and I feel crappy, even on 2mg I wake up the next day in withdrawals

so for that I have had enough and would rather just try and get off it, I know once i drop from 0.4 to 0 i will feel like shit for a while but surely that waking up in withdrawal feeling will slowly fade away

anyhow I am back up 2mg now so now I gotta start all over again.... vicious circle
You can't relapse now. Not an option. You have tried so hard, and endured so much withdrawal symptoms. We can't let all of it go to waste now, can we? No.

I wish i could help you, but i have zero first-hand experience so i leave the helping for others to do.

However, i am pleased to read that you snort, and not inject. Many inject bupe in Finland. Just not cool.

it sucks that you're back up. i'm surprised they haven't offered you a split dose if you're pissing clean, have you asked to try that? its known that some people are fast metabolisers and won't be held for 24 hours. also 2mg to 0.8 seems like a bg drop so when you try to cut see if you can go slower.

If it would be possible to increase your dose by a small increment like 0.4 and see if that gives you relief, you could use the vals to get you through the adjustment period.

Another thing that came to mind reading this, I'm curious what the duration of action difference is between sublingual and nasal. Taking it as intended might get you more mileage in between doses.

So after all that fannying around, I decided to stay on 0.8 and intermittently take the Diazee's and Zopi's (the Diazees do jack shit at 2mg tbh) The Zopi works on helping me stay asleep but I still wake up at 5am :-(

I just want this done now

anyone had experience dropping from 0.4 to ZERO ? What should I expect ? length ?

I find it works quicker, better and longer if i snort it.... SL'ing it now doesnt seem to do to much and I feel it wearing off quicker (in my experience)

So I dropped to 0.4 today - gotta get off this bupe, I have made it a mission now - dont feel too bad but can feel the back of my throat going as if im gonna yawn ;-) also mild leg aches and goosebumps - vaping some 3000mg CBD isolate to see if it helps at all, takes me around 5 days to stabilize on my new dose, great!

4 weeks of this and then its 0 - may ask them to go to 0.2mg though will see... so very tired and got no Zopi left. Hope the CBD helps!

So I dropped to 0.4 today - gotta get off this bupe, I have made it a mission now - dont feel too bad but can feel the back of my throat going as if im gonna yawn ;-) also mild leg aches and goosebumps - vaping some 3000mg CBD isolate to see if it helps at all, takes me around 5 days to stabilize on my new dose, great!

4 weeks of this and then its 0 - may ask them to go to 0.2mg though will see... so very tired and got no Zopi left. Hope the CBD helps!
Glad you are making progress to your goal

Yea if your about to relapse, choose the increase in dosage again.

I don’t think they’re tapering you properly to be honest. I’ve tapered on bupe a lot and am right now..

One can make major drops, as much as 1-2mg per drop, when above 2-4mg. But once you get below that threshold the reductions need to be much smaller in size.

For me, around 1mg I need to reduce by .0625mg every 2 weeks or so to stay semi comfortable. Reducing by .4mg would be hell.

-GC

Yea if your about to relapse, choose the increase in dosage again.

I don’t think they’re tapering you properly to be honest. I’ve tapered on bupe a lot and am right now..

One can make major drops, as much as 1-2mg per drop, when above 2-4mg. But once you get below that threshold the reductions need to be much smaller in size.

For me, around 1mg I need to reduce by .0625mg every 2 weeks or so to stay semi comfortable. Reducing by .4mg would be hell.

-GC

Yeah i do think dropping 0.4mg every 4 weeks is a bit too much, but my "worker" states that's how they do it. Then 0.4mg to 0

I know you can get 0.2mg tabs (temegesic i think) in the UK so I am going to ask to speak to their doctor (normally get a callback from him the day after) and ask if there's any chance of going to 0.2mg instead of 0 (but I don't think that's gonna happen)

I would go back to 2mg but I have been on it for around 18 months and so sick of it I was just want to get off it as soon as possible. My mates been on 16mg for years and don't think he will ever come off it, I don't want to be like that, its sad (but hes in a good place so good on him, plus he hasn't touched the skag for years either)

For me to wake up at 6am not in WD is like some sort of dream that's just out of my reach at the moment....

has anyone had any experience of going from 0.4 to 0? If so please share your experiences with me... I kinda know what's coming but is it really as bad as everyone makes out ?

struggling at the moment....